Jamison Crowder

Patriot Killa

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Have you been to the gas pump or the grocery store lately? 

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Going market

Yeah ok... doesn't mean that they needed to pay it... stupid money IMO... I like the signing... just way too much and is going to limit other FA signings... 

Just now, Skeptable said:

Yeah ok... doesn't mean that they needed to pay it... stupid money IMO... I like the signing... just way too much and is going to limit other FA signings... 

We needed a WR to replace Kearse and theres no guarantee Robby Anderson returns if another team wants him bad enough. 

Relax 

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

Have you seen the Depth chart? of course they had to add a WR. And they still need another one. This is the downside of not drafting well. 

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yuck.  He's the JAGiest of JAGs.  The money we gave him will dictate whether I like this move or not. 

Yup. Unsexy move. Like the player, but let’s admit he’s not worth the thread fapping that’s going to happen as Jets fans proceed to try convincing themselves they are okay with it.

10 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

An elite #1 receiver is not mandatory to be a winning team.

Agreed.

Is Edelman elite?

Believe it or not, he is in the role they've put him in.  There are few people who can get open like he can and can, at times, be uncoverable even when everyone knows he's getting the ball.  He doesn't have the physical presence of Julio Jones or the speed of OBJ, but he does a handful of important things better than both of those guys.

Is Brandon Cooks of the Rams elite?

No, but he's part of group of B+ and A weapons on a dynamic offense.  I'd agree with you that we don't need a true #1 WR if we had Todd Gurley at RB and had a guy like Cooks playing with Cooper Kupp and Robert Woods in a Sean McVay offense.  We don't have any of that.

Would you trade Jamison Crowder, Quincy Enunwa and Robby Anderson for Brandon Cooks, Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp?  I would.

Was Alshon Jefferey elite on the Eagles last year? I don't think so. The Jets now have four good receivers, but they have to stay healthy, unlike last year. With luck the Jets will draft another receiver to develop.

Nope, Alshon isn't "elite" but he is a true #1 WR in my opinion.  I think we have 3 above average WRs, some of whom could be considered good.  We don't have any who are great.  Which Jets WR would you keep over Julian Edelman, Alshon Jeffrey and Brandon Cooks?

CRO697273.png%3Acover()&w=120&h=120
Jamison Crowder

WR

A younger, cheaper Golden Tate? Crowder creates separation quickly near the line of scrimmage and was often Kirk Cousins' favorite target. Just 25, he could be available at a bargain price coming off an injury-plagued season.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Yup. Unsexy move. Like the player, but let’s admit he’s not worth the thread fapping that’s going to happen as Jets fans proceed to try convincing themselves they are okay with it.

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Lol

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The jets picked Devin smith, lorenzo mauldin and bryce petty ahead of this guy and now pay him a ransom.

Decent player at a high cost but not surprising.  When you can't draft players you have to overpay in FA.  Macs hallmark as a gm.

That's such a bad mark for MAC however, that shouldn't stop us from signing him if he can help us now.

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Which Jets WR would you keep over Julian Edelman, Alshon Jeffrey and Brandon Cooks?

Have you seen Edelman's regular season stats? They're the definition of mediocre. He is a scheme receiver who is a great fit with Tom Brady and his lightning quick release. He would be nothing special on just about any other team.

Brandon Cooks? Yeah, I would probably say he's better than anyone we have, but not by a whole lot. I'll even venture to guess that if you had put Robby Anderson and a healthy Enunwa on that Rams team last year their stats could have been similar.

Jeffrey had one really elite year with Chicago -- six years ago. He's been nothing special for the most part and I wouldn't take him over any of our receivers.

3 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I don't know why I continue to let some of these comments surprise me.

This move has been generally viewed as a good one by multiple people reporting on it, yet as usual, we got haters in here.

#TWNDDT 

Eh, you people grossly over-rating the move, and under-rating it... and a few of us just laughing at the extremes.

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Hes not the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice, but he is needed because Kearse sucked. Lets not forget that this is the Jets and they will get NO bargains because of their history. Hopefully that changes with Sam after this year.

Archived