Jamison Crowder

Patriot Killa

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

If Crowder is our worst receiver on opening day this will be a vastly improved group. 

But if he's the 2nd or 3rd best WR then I think we're still looking at a Meh group with no real difference-maker.  We all like Enunwa and Robby Anderson but I think we all hope those guys are our #2/3 types.

I understand that depth is important and Crowder > Kearse, but the Jets will still be a team with a group of C+ and B caliber WR's...nobody who is a B+ or an A.  JMHO.

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Yep

Pretty much what I expected. It’s a tad pricey but people need to get over that. These FA deals are only going to get more lucrative in the future.

Interested to know what the signing bonus is.  I would bet 1/2 of the guarantee in the first year salary the rest signing bonus, making this an easy out after a year or two.  That's Macc's MO.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree and still lack a #1 WR 

Most teams do. No matter how much ground Mac covers, this won't be a complete roster in 1 year. If they can make strides to ~.500 next year they can go draft their potential #1 then. Important part is they've done work to protect Sam and now they're getting him some new toys too.

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Me too 

Fair enough . I will go with this. 

He was a stud at Duke.  4th round pick to the Skins.  He's a chain mover, someone that consistently gets open whether is beating the press or finding the zone.  Shifty little dude that Sam can depend to be open consistently.  This is a good signing.  Especially if it's in addition to Bell. 

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

Interested to know what the signing bonus is.  I would bet 1/2 of the guarantee in the first year salary the rest signing bonus, making this an easy out after a year or two.  That's Macc's MO.

I would think his entire 1st year is guaranteed and a partial guarantee on his 2nd year.

Just now, JiF said:

He was a stud at Duke.  4th round pick to the Skins.  He's a chain mover, someone that consistently gets open whether is beating the press or finding the zone.  Shifty little dude that Sam can depend to be open consistently.  This is a good signing.  Especially if it's in addition to Bell. 

it's good b/c the jets have had such crap there.  now they have a real TE threat and a real slot wr.  i would hope they'll use one of those 3rd rounders on a wr prospect as well.

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

But if he's the 2nd or 3rd best WR then I think we're still looking at a Meh group with no real difference-maker.  We all like Enunwa and Robby Anderson but I think we all hope those guys are our #2/3 types.

I understand that depth is important and Crowder > Kearse, but the Jets will still be a team with a group of C+ and B caliber WR's...nobody who is a B+ or an A.  JMHO.

An elite #1 receiver is not mandatory to be a winning team. Is Edelman elite? Is Brandon Cooks of the Rams elite? Was Alshon Jefferey elite on the Eagles last year? I don't think so. The Jets now have four good receivers, but they have to stay healthy, unlike last year. With luck the Jets will draft another receiver to develop.

1 minute ago, BroadwayRay said:

An elite #1 receiver is not mandatory to be a winning team. Is Edelman elite? Is Brandon Cooks of the Rams elite? Was Alshon Jefferey elite on the Eagles last year? I don't think so. The Jets now have four good receivers, but they have to stay healthy, unlike last year. With luck the Jets will draft another receiver to develop.

Edelman, Cooks and Jeffrey are all elite receivers,

Archived