We’re good, luv.

Patriot Killa

16 minutes ago, slats said:

Never could've happened if he signed with the Jets. 

Man, what would we be now if Cousins accepted? No Darnold obviously. Probably don't draft Nelson either and reach for some defensive player. Other than that I think we would be seriously screwed right now as a team with no future.

21 minutes ago, slats said:

Never could've happened if he signed with the Jets. 

15 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think the money spent on Darnold/Bell/Mosley is a better value than that same money (give or take) spent on Cousins for 2019. 

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Kirk Cousins - The best thing that never happened to the Jets.

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

That's gonna be a great part of the Sam Darnold Superbowl 30 for 30.

Just now, johnnysd said:

Man, what would we be now if Cousins accepted? No Darnold obviously. Probably don't draft Nelson either and reach for some defensive player. Other than that I think we would be seriously screwed right now as a team with no future.

@Warfish

42 minutes ago, jbt said:

Mac got lucky he didn't want to sign here then Darnold fell into his lap.   

I was thinking that if Cousins did sign with us it would have hastened Macc's demise and would have been looked on years from now as a much worse move than signing Hack.  Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. 

12 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I was thinking that if Cousins did sign with us years it would have hastened Macc's demise and would have been looked on years from now as a much worse move than signing Hack.  Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. 

Yeah Mac gets credit for Darnold, when in reality it was just a series of incredibly unlikely events stringed together that saved the Jets from themselves. Pure serendipity.

Even though what Cousins did was douchey, I thank him for it.

In the end we have a much younger QB with far greater potential than Cousins who also costs much less. Him not signing with us can end up being just about the greatest thing to ever happen to us. Saved us from ourselves. 

Cousins would never be the guy to lead us to the Superbowl, that guy would be Sam Darnold.

Cousins still can't beat teams with over .500 records. The Jets are better off without him!!! I believe Cousins sees the Jets are building a nice team with the Jets signing of Bell and other free agents. With those signings it caught his attention and now he's probably rethinking.

45 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I can not and will not stop hating the Vikings after what happened this week. Eff them, and everything about them.

There, I feel better now. ?

this happened once before in 2004 with a player named Antoine Winfield 

it was the Vikings as well and he played 9 more seasons with them 

After a while everything terrible happens to this team and the universe has to start recycling outcomes

that's when the true Jets fan fatalism sets in and you start assuming the worst rather than hoping for the best 

42 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I was thinking that if Cousins did sign with us it would have hastened Macc's demise and would have been looked on years from now as a much worse move than signing Hack.  Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. 

Hmm, interesting take. What if the actual equation is 

Mac + Darnold vs Competant GM + #6 and 3 2's

13 minutes ago, KRL said:

Cousins & Barr deserve each other

I was raised to root for the underdog as a kid, and the Vikings were always a team I would pull for as the original 4x Super Bowl loser of my youth. Not anymore. F*** 'em. 

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

this happened once before in 2004 with a player named Antoine Winfield 

it was the Vikings as well and he played 9 more seasons with them 

After a while everything terrible happens to this team and the universe has to start recycling outcomes

that's when the true Jets fan fatalism sets in and you start assuming the worst rather than hoping for the best 

I remember that.... McCombs sent a freaking private Jet and called him and told him to not do it as he was going walking in the hall of the Jets facility as I remember... Man... I wanted Winfield so bad back then... 

2 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

If Nick Bosa falls to the Jets at #3, that should definitely be etched on Mac's tombstone.  

If I were SF.... I would draft Q over Bosa... especially since you just signed ford to a long term deal and need DL... but hell who knows... I think Bosa definitely falls to the Jets and the Jets for the 4th year in a row get the best player in the draft (arguable.... but noted). Or at least a player that was debated as the first overall selection... 

28 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I remember that.... McCombs sent a freaking private Jet and called him and told him to not do it as he was going walking in the hall of the Jets facility as I remember... Man... I wanted Winfield so bad back then... 

Winfield played for Buffalo so Jets fans knew how good he was... fast AF, a 4.4 from Ohio state if memory serves 

these days Anthony Barr sucks cause  no one has seen him play and he didn't sign here 

but if it was announced Barr backed out with the Vikings a 3rd time the same fans would embrace this player 

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Why is Kirk Cousins weighing in on what the Jets are doing?

Kirk Cousins and Le'veon Bell are good friends from their time at Michigan State.  Apparently, they both like to comment on each other's career news via social media.

1 hour ago, slats said:

I was raised to root for the underdog as a kid, and the Vikings were always a team I would pull for as the original 4x Super Bowl loser of my youth. Not anymore. F*** 'em. 

I use to like the Vikes too, Joe Kapp was a tough SOB, liked the Purple People Eaters. 

Archived