Vontaze Burfict released by Bengals

Rhg1084

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

He'll be a Raven before the sun goes down.

I really hope to hear he signs in Oakland.  Mayock went on a personal mission to make sure nobody drafted Burfict.  The irony would be too much.

That said, the Ravens do need LB'ers...so....this might be a good call. 

14 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Honestly I wouldn’t mind bringing him in here. Add a little nastiness to this defense 

Where would he play in a 3-4 though?

Jets already well stocked at ILB with Mosley, Williamson, Hewitt and Wint. Plus Lee, while he is still here.

Burfict isn't a pass-rusher, so OLB in the 3-4 doesn't look like a fit.

19 minutes ago, JiF said:

I really hope to hear he signs in Oakland.  Mayock went on a personal mission to make sure nobody drafted Burfict.  The irony would be too much.

Just now, Raideraholic said:

I think a Raider is more likely , as his former Dc  is in Oakland.

PLEASE HAPPEN!

Dear God, No, No, No!

Guy is nuts, quick temper and dumb as a rock.  This guy is nothing but trouble, he’s out of L.A., so lots of stories swirling about this guy since before high school.  Poison in the locker room.

All the yeahs deserve buttfumbles, and I think they’re stupid.

This fascination with other peoples refuse has got to stop.  A few facts about Burfict.  He has missed significant time the last 5 seasons. He has a history of concussions, as well as suspensions for insane behavior. His claim to fame is his penchant for violence and dirty play.  He is limited in his abilities within a defensive scheme.  He does not rush the quarterback,  8.5 sacks and 24 QB hits in seven years.  Impressive.

Burfict is a stay at home middle linebacker.  We have two who fit that bill.  One, CJ Moseley is considered the best in football.  The other Avery Williamson is an upper echelon performer at that position, with a very reasonable salary.  Both are more versatile and better performers, as well as being better team mates and human beings.  For what conceivable reason would the Jets pursue a player like this???  Stop the insanity.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

He's one nasty LB brings some snot to the field reminds me a lot of Bryan Cox former Bears and Jets player. 

He's only 28. 

I wanted the Jets to draft him, he was a steal. He’d be a good rotational player at least. 

Why did someone negative rep you on that post??

58 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ravens would be the perfect match.

1 hour ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Dear God, No, No, No!

Guy is nuts, quick temper and dumb as a rock.  This guy is nothing but trouble, he’s out of L.A., so lots of stories swirling about this guy since before high school.  Poison in the locker room.

All the yeahs deserve buttfumbles, and I think they’re stupid.

Didn't he assault his Mother or something?

Archived