Update on Justin Houston

Patriot Killa

11 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I've also narrowed my choices down to 3 teams I'll consider rooting for this year.  One of them may even be the Jets.  I'll decide in the next few days but I want a contract with guaranteed wins upfront rather than some backloaded potential Wild Card flirting that may or may not happen.

You will have the New York Jets or you will have no other team and you will like it.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bears were said to have an interest in Justin Houston.  

If they could clear space, the Patriots could be an option if he really wants a shot at a Super Bowl.  Also, Joe Kim (martial arts expert) is the Patriots pass rush coach, who was with Houston in Kansas City.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Well it's being said Houston has it down to the Bears, Ravens, Jets.

So much for the not us, poor Jets take.

Bears pass rush with Floyd, Mack, and Houston would be a juggernaut.

if he’s really between those 3 teams, i think we’re 2nd in the pecking order. I just don’t believe players are going to be sold on Baltimore until they can get a better look at Lamar. I honestly don’t think they can sustain that kind of offense for a full year.

i have a feeling they take a giant step backwards this year, and will have a tough decision at QB in 2020

2 minutes ago, J_Smith said:

if he’s really between those 3 teams, i think we’re 2nd in the pecking order. I just don’t believe players are going to be sold on Baltimore until they can get a better look at Lamar. I honestly don’t think they can sustain that kind of offense for a full year.

i have a feeling they take a giant step backwards this year, and will have a tough decision at QB in 2020

Mack and Houston have the same agent. Bears have to be the favorite for him

6 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

While it sucks when we hear that veteran players who can still contribute and be productive are not considering the Jets because they are looking to join a contender.....remember.....in a few years Sam will start leading us deep into the playoffs.

At that point in time, these type of guys will be begging to join the Jets.

Because you are comparing NY/NJ to CA. You picked the 3 highest taxed states. 

If anybody is cray cray it's you

There's 47 other states you know... 

Quoted the wrong post... O well

50 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Well it's being said Houston has it down to the Bears, Ravens, Jets.

So much for the not us, poor Jets take.

Makes sense. If he wants to win a super bowl, have keep the Jets on the list. You’re either with Darnold or against. I feel bad for those that are on the other side. Join us before it’s too late.

1 minute ago, GreenFish said:

Makes sense. If he wants to win a super bowl, have keep the Jets on the list. You’re either with Darnold or against. I feel bad for those that are on the other side. Join us before it’s too late.

Don't know if you are a Billions fans or not, but damn,  "Axe, is that you?"?

6 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

If he's smart he'll realize the Jets are no longer a rebuilding team.  This is a team built to contend for a wild card now.

I sort of agree with this.

We're in a era where a team can be a contender one year and 4-12 two years later. And vice versa.

Houston could easily go to a team that went deep this year but is looking in at the playoffs from the outside next year. It's not easy to pick.

6 hours ago, Paradis said:

Smells like a BAL signing. 

id be fine with it, im not a big fan of overpaying for injury prone players, especially guys that are going to be 30.  hasnt played a full 16 games in 4 years.  2015-11 2016-5 2017-15 2018-12...  in fact hes only played 16 games 3 times in his career.  

Houston is probably the best of the rest out there, so if we signed him im not going to complain because its a need, but buyer beware with a big deal on this guy

1 hour ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

id be fine with it, im not a big fan of overpaying for injury prone players, especially guys that are going to be 30.  hasnt played a full 16 games in 4 years.  2015-11 2016-5 2017-15 2018-12...  in fact hes only played 16 games 3 times in his career.  

Houston is probably the best of the rest out there, so if we signed him im not going to complain because its a need, but buyer beware with a big deal on this guy

But the alternatives at this point are worse.

3 hours ago, J_Smith said:

Why do you think those 3 work well together, who is going to move inside on 3rd down and rush as a "semi-DT"?

I can't believe people in this thread think Baltimore is a more desirable destination then the Jets.  I dont care about our history vs theirs.  We have Sam Darnold and they are gonna try to run a read-option with Lamar Jackson and 4 TEs, ill take us.

3 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Why do you think those 3 work well together, who is going to move inside on 3rd down and rush as a "semi-DT"?

I can't believe people in this thread think Baltimore is a more desirable destination then the Jets.  I dont care about our history vs theirs.  We have Sam Darnold and they are gonna try to run a read-option with Lamar Jackson and 4 TEs, ill take us.

I don’t think they’d necessarily be on the field together at the same time. If they could substitute fresh legs on passing downs with talented edge rushers though? I feel like that kind of depth would be a tremendous advantage.

agreed on Baltimore. I think their offense will be figured out next season and they’ll be screwed. Jackson was uninspiring as a passer

12 hours ago, J_Smith said:

I don’t think they’d necessarily be on the field together at the same time. If they could substitute fresh legs on passing downs with talented edge rushers though? I feel like that kind of depth would be a tremendous advantage.

agreed on Baltimore. I think their offense will be figured out next season and they’ll be screwed. Jackson was uninspiring as a passer

Jackson's mechanics are the worst I have seen since Tebow.

18 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Never believe the I've made enough money nonsense

Correct ! If he didn't care about the money and wanted a decent shot at a ring he just could have re-signed with KC. It's all about the Benjamins.

16 hours ago, Lith said:

Source is some dude on twitter.  Jets Opinion, sounds like great info to me.

Hmmmm, if I'm Houston on the last leg of my career and potentially my last contract, which team would I choose?

Answer: not the Jets. 

Archived