Happy Birthday, SLATS

T0mShane

Here's where I'd normally wish the poster a happy birthday using some tongue-in-cheek joke or meme tailored to that poster's internet persona, but despite being familiar with Slat's name back from my lurking days on this site, and the generally very solid material of his posts, I know very little about the guy. I have no idea how to playfully make fun of him. He's quite boring, actually.

So, happy birthday, Boring! Here's to another year of realizing that boring > death.

14 minutes ago, slats said:

Thanks guys! This was actually a milestone birthday for me, officially eligible to retire as of yesterday. It's a good feeling. 

Happy Birthday and congrats on the retirement eligibility!

10 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Here's where I'd normally wish the poster a happy birthday using some tongue-in-cheek joke or meme tailored to that poster's internet persona, but despite being familiar with Slat's name back from my lurking days on this site, and the generally very solid material of his posts, I know very little about the guy. I have no idea how to playfully make fun of him. He's quite boring, actually.

So, happy birthday, Boring! Here's to another year of realizing that boring > death.

His name is John, he wears glasses, plays guitar and loves Asian woman. 

Happy Birthday to one of my favorite internet buddies. Have a great day brother!!!! 

13 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Slats used to play mafia and was in charge of slapping down that stupid ape anytime he got too full of himself. Was quite proficient at it as well.

Happy birthday Slats !

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

His name is John, he wears glasses, plays guitar and loves Asian woman

Happy Birthday to one of my favorite internet buddies. Have a great day brother!!!! 

Now that's something I can work with!

Happy birthday, @slats!

image.thumb.png.6ad870b22cc410b6eae56fbbe7f84b20.png

6 hours ago, slats said:

Thanks guys! This was actually a milestone birthday for me, officially eligible to retire as of yesterday. It's a good feeling. 

Max has a retirement plan?? 

Happy B'day!!  ? 

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Happy Birthday, Slats!  Another step closer to Costa Rica? 

The current plan is to start in Puerto Morelos, Mexico. Check it out, very cool town just a half an hour away from the Cancun airport. 

4 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Happy Birthday Slats.  Run to the podium, and make your choice for retirement, at the soonest possible opportunity.  Life is too short.  Enjoy.

Very serious thought to going this fall. I do a share house on Fire Island in the summer, and really love the summers here on LI, but come October I'll be close to ready to go. Whether I pull the trigger or not, I'm still not sure (put in a request for my real numbers). Either way, I won't work more than another two years. 

54 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Do you perhaps also have free health benefits and a very lucrative pension?

I don't know about "very lucrative," but I am fortunate enough to have free healthcare and a pension. The Mexican plan will make it seem lucrative. 

Archived