*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

He's not a "kid". Stop it.

"DON'T GET FAT" isn't something you should even have to worry about from an SEC player getting ready for the combine. Seriously. The rest of his life was possibly resting on that performance, and he couldn't keep his sh*t together for 3 whole months....lol

The KID messed up GIVE HIM A SECOND CHANCE. 

• Upvote 1

So I just saw some.interview he did, he calling himself a dawg and wanting to hit people. Haha inot sure if he is good but seems like he wants to be tuff.

Also we got two more 3rd round picks basically...end of third and top of 4. Hell we still might be able to get a center and lineman. 

My question, is there any other people that maybe be super value? I mean the guy we just took seems like 1st round grade and even if he wasn't I am hoping he isn't out of the league next year. Hell love to get a couple lineman highly rated but dropped for whatever reason...

1 minute ago, JiF said:

He was fantastic for the Gators.  Just don’t think he’s freakish enough to play edge in the NFL.  It’s like Maudlin all over again.  And it’s another pick used on D with some solid offensive prospects on the board. 

I have to admit after watching highlights, he’s got moves and burst.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Here's the pick for all of you who wanted Maccagnan to go off script, take a chance, think outside of the box, go for the unconventional choice, not take the best player available, don't take the safe pick, etc., etc., etc...……    Happy now??

This is actually his exact script.  Mid round player who fails all athletic measurables.  We consistently draft exactly this guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

I've been on the Polite train for a while now.  I would have been fine with Winovich, who was probably the safer pick, but Polite definitely has the higher ceiling.  

Is Kelvin Harmon still out there?  IMO he's a steal at this point in the draft.  

Don’t watch much college ball..... does Fla run a 3-4 D? 

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

He's not a "kid". Stop it.

"DON'T GET FAT" isn't something you should even have to worry about from an SEC player getting ready for the combine. Seriously. The rest of his life was possibly resting on that performance, and he couldn't keep his sh*t together for 3 whole months....lol

In the interview he said he put on twenty pounds to bulk up for the Combine, which means he wants to play at 230 lbs? I don't think that's feasible, at all. What a weird pick. Winovich might not have the same ceiling, but he's ready out of the box and ran a 4.59 with a great three-cone and shuttle. 

If I would have told you, after all the back and forth, all the mock drafts, all the debates that the Jets would take Defensive Players with their 1 st 2 picks you would have called me a liar. Now here we are. Guess Bowles wasn't making those picks after all. I mean we have an OFFENSIVE HC now right? There is no defense of this clown we call a GM. NONE.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The KID messed up GIVE HIM A SECOND CHANCE. 

Why? Why do WE have to give him a chance? How about giving a guy that didn't **** himself over out of stupidity a first chance? Seriously. Is this a ******* charity? How about we only draft poor guys who have moms with breast cancer, or have 3 kids at 22 years old? 

Or, how about we build around our Goddamned QB? 

Second chance. Please. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

In the interview he said he put on twenty pounds to bulk up for the Combine, which means he wants to play at 230 lbs? I don't think that's feasible, at all. What a weird pick. Winovich might not have the same ceiling, but he's ready out of the box and ran a 4.59 with a great three-cone and shuttle. 

He says he wants to play at 248 in the same interview. Calm down.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

And now we’ll have to watch him squash Sam for the next 10 years 

• Upvote 1