*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

8 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Why? Why do WE have to give him a chance? How about giving a guy that didn't **** himself over out of stupidity a first chance? Seriously. Is this a ******* charity? How about we only draft poor kids who have moms with breast cancer, or have 3 kids at 22 years old? 

Or, how about we build around our Goddamned QB? 

Second chance. Please. 

YOu would think you life depends on this sh*t 

• Haha 2

Look I hope Polite is a beast and Williams is the next Reggie White. But quite simply a year after drafting Darnold this draft is just completely clueless. This entire offseason had to be about Darnold, but McSchithead just keeps putting all of our draft resources into defense, being super conservative in the first, and "clever" looking for a steal afterwards. It's so frustrating. Our GM and ownership have literally no clue. Whatever. I can almost guarantee CB at 94 too. Book it.
You are 100 percent right. What a waste of resources going out and getting the best slot receiver in free agency and leveon bell and an all pro caliber guard

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Wait, read a few pages back that he ran a 4.84 at only like 260? Jesus christ...I was a terrible football player and far from a track star, and even I could run faster than that when I hit 260...even at 5'11".

I get that sh*t happens sometimes, but was he not dieting properly? I get food is ******* tasty, and losing weight sucks, but when I wanted my job, I sucked it up and lost fat. To GAIN weight, you just need to do it slowly and lift consistently. Pretty simple, but he couldn't even do that.

He had a hamstring injury at the time of the combine. 

This guy was rated a first round talent coming out of the college season. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Look I hope Polite is a beast and Williams is the next Reggie White. But quite simply a year after drafting Darnold this draft is just completely clueless. This entire offseason had to be about Darnold, but McSchithead just keeps putting all of our draft resources into defense, being super conservative in the first, and "clever" looking for a steal afterwards. It's so frustrating. Our GM and ownership have literally no clue. Whatever. I can almost guarantee CB at 94 too. Book it.

Exactly! How do we invest most of the FA money last year when we knew we were getting a QB in the draft and all draft picks on the D last year! This year we get Bell and spend 75% of FA Money on D and all draft capital on the D as well!?!?? It is insanity!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, Ken Shroy said:

Some of these clowns will hope these players will bust, so they can feel better about their whining.

No, some of us know that they are terrible picks, right f*cking now...while some of you will be making excuses for sh*t play for 2 years and yelling on the board that its SOJ fans faults that the OLB Mac drafted who ran a 4.84 and couldn't control his appetite for 3 months has made zero impact. And then say it was no big deal, anyway, when they cut him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Jet_Engine1 said:

No, some of us know that they are terrible picks, right f*cking now...while some of you will be making excuses for sh*t play for 2 years and yelling on the board that its SOJ fans faults that the OLB Mac drafted who ran a 4.84 and couldn't control his appetite for 3 months has made zero impact. And then say it was no big deal, anyway, when they cut him. 

HAve some cheese with your whine

• Thumb Down 2

Just now, bostonmajet said:

Interesting, when Mac drafted a 24 year old it was like WTF, but when Bellie does it, he is a genius.

Impact player from a Major Program vs. A Doorman from a tiny school nobody heard of in Minor League Div 3. 

Yup, same exact thing. 

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Do you need a hanky?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Why?  Because you act like a GM when you play Madden

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Here's the pick for all of you who wanted Maccagnan to go off script, take a chance, think outside of the box, go for the unconventional choice, not take the best player available, don't take the safe pick, etc., etc., etc...……  All rolled into one.....   Happy now??

Actually I'm ecstatic. LOL.

Mentioned him earlier tonight in this thread as the guy I wanted us to get...

QW and Polite. Nobody would've believed it could happen two months ago, and yet people here are complaining. ](*,)

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, 14 in Green said:

Actually I'm ecstatic. LOL.

Mentioned him earlier tonight in this thread as the guy I wanted us to get...

QW and Polite. Nobody would've believed it could happen two months ago, and yet people here are complaining. ](*,)

Hey, this is NOT as bad as safeties in rounds 1 and 2.  So there’s that.

• Upvote 1