*******OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT DAYS THREAD*******

Just now, Beerfish said:

His troubling post-season that included bad combine interviews, bad workouts and additional weight around the midsection has substantially clouded his draft standing into the boom-or-bust category. "

Sounds like a guy you take a flyer on in the 6th round.....

• Thumb Down 3

3 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Everyone complains that Mac doesn't take a chance, and the in the 3rd they pick up a guy that screwed up at the combine and was a bit out of shape. If this kid hadn't acted like a kid, he was a 1st round pick. A bit of a risk, but he could be a total steal if he gets his act together...

Gregg Williams says hi 

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

But that's why I'm rooting for the guy. The pre-draft process can tell NFL teams a lot about a player. It can also lead to an enormous misrepresentation. Media members - myself and my co-workers included - and teams pile criticism on these young adults, who are intent upon making a better future for their family. Some teams trash a player because they want to draft him after other teams to pass on that player

Who the **** would write something like this that wasn't directly related to Polite?

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

"Just one year of big-time production, but he's an instinctive rusher with natural feel for attacking the pocket. Polite's frightening speed to the edge on tape was missing in his pre-draft workouts as he showed up much heavier and with purported hamstring issues during all of his testing. The game tape shows an ability to rush the pocket with a fluid, diverse attack, but he might not have the grit necessary to play the run as a 3-4 outside linebacker on early downs. His troubling post-season that included bad combine interviews, bad workouts and additional weight around the midsection has substantially clouded his draft standing into the boom-or-bust category. "

Not for nothing but this sounds like he's pretty good on  tape but sucked at the testing.  We'll see if it holds true. 

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Polite and Jenkins were the two guys I was hoping the Jets got in the 3rd.

At least we got one of them. I love this pick!!!

Agreed buddy. Yes he needs to keep his head on straight but if he does this is a enormous steal

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I’m starting to feel Williams wears the pants in the Williams Gase relationship 

The Johnsons have been trying to make the Jets a defensive powerhouse for 20+ years. It doesn't take much to appeal to their bias.

• Sympathy 1