I love Chuma Edoga

RobR

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Is it realistic for a college RT to play LT in the NFL? Like the pick but my guess is he's RT. We've got some road graders now.

He can play LT in the NFL. You'll just have to trust me on this one although I wouldn't be surprised if he supplants Shell for one year.

PFF had him ranked 64th overall and the 9th best OT in the draft. 

If you follow PFF, you kind of get the sense the Jets are starting to become a more analytics based franchise. It also may explain why they couldn't pass up on Quinnen Williams at 3. 

PFF also loved Polite until the combine debacle. 

I also get the sense that Darnold may have had a role in this selection. Not that he has much influence, but you have to think the Jets spoke to Darnold about a player who protected him in college. 

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Is it realistic for a college RT to play LT in the NFL? Like the pick but my guess is he's RT. We've got some road graders now.

There was this guy named Tyron Smith that played RT at USC....went on to play LT for Dallas.  He’s kinda good.

3 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I think he makes Winters expendable this year and we trade Winters for a late pick before the season. Edoga starts at RG this year and LT next year.

I think he replaces Shell for a year since this is Shells last year under contract. Next year he moves to LT. Guy was an absolute beast in the SB this year and he played strictly LT.

5 minutes ago, RobR said:

He can play LT in the NFL. You'll just have to trust me on this one although I wouldn't be surprised if he supplants Shell for one year.

That's the way I see it. Insurance for Shell this year, potential replacement for Beachum next year.  Very good pick.

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

PFF had him ranked 64th overall and the 9th best OT in the draft. 

If you follow PFF, you kind of get the sense the Jets are starting to become a more analytics based franchise. It also may explain why they couldn't pass up on Quinnen Williams at 3. 

PFF also loved Polite until the combine debacle. 

I also get the sense that Darnold may have had a role in this selection. Not that he has much influence, but you have to think the Jets spoke to Darnold about a player who protected him in college. 

I also wonder if the jets were targeting McGovern and when the cowboys took him the jets didn’t want to lose their next OL guy too.  Thus the trade.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

I also wonder if the jets were targeting McGovern and when the cowboys took him the jets didn’t want to lose their next OL guy too.  Thus the trade.

Maybe but either way it’s a good pick.  You should be happy now right

2 minutes ago, Ruby2 said:

Im not saying this in a bad way, because almost all our post first round picks have sucked, but this has got to be the first one you've liked no?

C'mon Ruby you know me. Go back a few years and you can see I hated the Lee pick, hated the Hackenberg pick, and loved the Jenkins pick.

How has that worked out?

The reason why I hate most picks is because we've been a terrible franchise over the years when it comes to the draft. It;s no coincidence we haven't made the playoffs for almost a decade.   

Archived