I love Chuma Edoga

RobR

Par for the course
Anyone who is hating on that pick is hating it for the sake of hating it. 

I think half (or more?) of this board hates everything the jets do anyway, regardless of merit. Edoga is fine. He was one of the half dozen OL prospects I was hoping for. The Sam tie in is a nice bonus.
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

His arm length is definitely not typical of a guy his height.  People look at his height and dismiss him, but he’s got a huge wingspan. 

Agreed. Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.

hi-res-d95578475289920d720da925f85ecc64_

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 4/26/2019 at 11:04 PM, Jet hustle said:

Analysts said he has trouble focusing.... questionable passion for game

How on earth can one have trouble focusing when there’s a 300 pound guy inches from your face trying to knock your head off on each play? Jetsy Jetsy Jetsy.

On 4/27/2019 at 9:12 AM, CanadaSteve said:

Except half the board who hates the pick.

I think he was drafted a little high....probably could have had him with our pick at top of 4.  That said, perhaps we should wait until he suits up to call him a bust....wink wink half the board!

The usual suspects. The snark patrol. Assume the worst, and if that doesn't work, call it the worst and stir the pot. It's tiresome.

• Upvote 3

Very intriguing pick.  More experience at RT, but seems to have an LT's skillset (accomplished pass-blocker, good foot quickness, long arms).

Jawaan Taylor played RT in college too, but people were projecting him as a possible LT in the pros.

Edoga probably starts out as the swing-tackle, but he could be an option at LT in the future with some development.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Very intriguing pick.  More experience at RT, but seems to have an LT's skillset (accomplished pass-blocker, good foot quickness, long arms).

Jawaan Taylor played RT in college too, but people were projecting him as a possible LT in the pros.

Edoga probably starts out as the swing-tackle, but he could be an option at LT in the future with some development.

He’s a guy who can play multiple positions and eventually develop into a starter.  Nice pick.  I’m wondering if Gase made all the picks in the draft

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I think he replaces Shell for a year since this is Shells last year under contract. Next year he moves to LT. Guy was an absolute beast in the SB this year and he played strictly LT.

I’m not so sure having Shell walk is a good idea. Obviously his injury is a concern but he’s been solid for a 5th rounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

I’m not so sure having Shell walk is a good idea. Obviously his injury is a concern but he’s been solid for a 5th rounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't mind keeping him as a swing tackle, I just don't want to see him in the starting lineup because he's a jag at best.

This is the first time in a long time that the Jets have had legitimate tackle depth.

True for Edoga but really four of the six draftees have a legitimate opportunity if healthy to compete for starting positions against incumbents who didn’t necessarily “need” to be replaced in the draft. Speaks to how thin the roster is.

• Upvote 1

On 4/30/2019 at 1:17 PM, Augustiniak said:

Mccagnan said on Francesca yesterday that he expects Edoga to compete for the LT job next season.

Really?! Wow, I’m surprised that he stated that publicly. They’re obviously high on him to say they see him at LT. I assumed right. But if he can win LT next year and Shell recovers well and is back at RT next year, that definitely would be a relief.

57 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Really?! Wow, I’m surprised that he stated that publicly. They’re obviously high on him to say they see him at LT. I assumed right. But if he can win LT next year and Shell recovers well and is back at RT next year, that definitely would be a relief.

Yeah, that plus trading up one spot for him tells you they think highly of him.

You know he got that Sam endorsement, no doubt

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yeah, that plus trading up one spot for him tells you they think highly of him.

You know he got that Sam endorsement, no doubt

Yeah I just assumed it was for RT. Also, by not saying anything publicly at this point, takes the pressure off. If Chuma isn’t fit for LT, then they could have said well it was our plan all along for him to be RT.

But, to come out and say it already, definitely shows confidence. Or Mac playing the media game and putting the pressure on the coaching staff. “Hey we drafted him to be our left tackle. He had the highest pass protection rate out of everyone in college. If he can’t make it, don’t look at me.”

On 4/30/2019 at 1:12 PM, RobR said:

I wouldn't mind keeping him as a swing tackle, I just don't want to see him in the starting lineup because he's a jag at best.

Shell not a jag, Harrison's non drafted arse is the jag.