Why does everyone love Douglas?

I’m trying to figure out why everyone is so happy about the hire. What has he done that warrants this type of excitement? Was he that instrumental in building the Philly super Bowl team? Was he the one who orchestrated the Wentz trade?

• Thumb Down 7
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I’m trying to figure out why everyone is so happy about the hire. What has he done that warrants this type of excitement? Was he that instrumental in building the Philly super Bowl team? Was he the one who orchestrated the Wentz trade?

because no matter how you scramble the letters of his name, you can't spell:  M  A  C  C

3 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Jets hire Adam Gase... "What has Gase ever done?"

Jets hire Greg Williams... "What makes Williams so special?

Jets hire Joe Douglas..."What makes Douglas such a big deal?"

Jets win Super Bowl... "What make the Jets think they're so special?"

You can take the Jets fan out of the gloom, but you can't take the gloom out of the Jets fan.

So sad....but so true

8 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

You can take the Jets fan out of the gloom, but you can't take the gloom out of the Jets fan.

Woody f*cked up the LOGO!

• Haha 2

I don't care one way or another but just learning he's not a big believer in analytics is pretty funny..  all these DVOYROJ heroes who were yanking their cranks about getting rid of Macc for Douglas have been sold a bill of goods.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Most Jet fans crown people before they earn it. This fan base is plagued by it. I’m personally happy that we got him and HOPE he can do well. I feel the same way about Gase. Time will tell. 

Douglas was easily the best candidate out of everyone interviewed and I think he will end up doing great things here. I think the jets are finally getting it right. Major props to Christopher Johnson for this hire. Hopefully Woody never comes back 

And here's something people aren't talking about when it comes to Gase. Almost everyone is predicting the dolphins to be the worst team in the league next year. Gase just won 7 games with that same roster. He's gonna have this team ready to play. Can't wait to see Darnolds development and how he utilizes bell in this offense.

I Can't wait for the season to start. It's the first time in a long time that I actually feel confident in the direction that this franchise is heading

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 3

52 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Why don't you just tell us what is wrong with this hire. I am sick of all the ignorant criticisms that you downers keep spewing. Instead of asking that question, tell us why it is a bad hire please, or just be quiet.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Cmon LIL. I think almost all fans are happy with what transpired today and are voicing it.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Pac said:

I don't care one way or another but just learning he's not a big believer in analytics is pretty funny..  all these DVOYROJ heroes who were yanking their cranks about getting rid of Macc for Douglas have been sold a bill of goods.

He'll still use analytics like any competent GM should. He already said how he values the openness and input from his scouts whether they butt heads or not. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I'm happy because he is not Mac or Idzik.