Remember this tweet from the Colts?

2 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You think they regret passing on Darnold? 

Just read and responded to a bunch of people saying the Jets got robbed. Good stuff. That was an amazing trade for the Jets. They gave up a lot but they got Sam Darnold. There isn't a Jets fan alive that is upset about that trade.  Give it 4 games this year, Colts fans will be like, we passed on Sam, wtf.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Meh they had an elite franchise QB. I don’t think it was ever a thought in anyone’s rational mind that they should take Darnold. Injuries weren’t going to change their mind.

Exactly.

If anything, the mistake they made was not waiting for draft day. They would have gotten a king’s ransom (probably from Denver) with Darnold still available at 3 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Exactly.

If anything, the mistake they made was not waiting for draft day. They would have gotten a king’s ransom (probably from Denver) with Darnold still available at 3 

And boy would that have sucked.  We'd probably be sitting here with Josh Rosen.

• Upvote 4

Screw Ballard - a card laid is a card played. Every team has their own tales of woe - we've had much more than our share of woe, time for some winning. Besides - with his current QB they'll be in line for a top 5 pick again next year

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

Wow thank you Andrew for not retiring 15 months earlier. I bet Chris Ballard is regretting that trade now.

5 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Yes he is!!!!

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Damn, this is a good point.

Why would he regret anything ? He made a call based on what he had at the moment . Think he was regretting it when Luck threw 39 TD's ? or when Luck led them to the playoffs and made it to round 2 ?

• Upvote 3

How could any true Jet fan have one bit of sympathy for the Colts? 

Think about that. Manning to Andrew Luck.

I could give a rats azz & like someone mentioned earlier in this thread, if Luck retires 15 months ago, the Colts go from Manning to Luck to Sam Darnold & the Jets draft Josh "cement shoes" Obrien, er I mean Rosen. 

Just imagine that scenario for a moment. F*ck Jim Irsay & the Colts!

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Xtina said:

It was always weird how the refs didn’t protect him like some other qb’s, like bradyBrady

They seem to overlook more of the hits when you're a big moose of a QB.  Luck, Flacco and Cam take beatings and dont get the ticky tack calls Brady and Brees get when theyre not touched 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Why would he regret anything ? He made a call based on what he had at the moment . Think he was regretting it when Luck threw 39 TD's ? or when Luck led them to the playoffs and made it to round 2 ?

This is more to the fans that said the Jets were robbed. History will show this is a very good trade for the Jets, probably the best one they ever made.

That said, the Colts are going to regret the trade for the next 12 plus years.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

How could any true Jet fan have one bit of sympathy for the Colts? 

Think about that. Manning to Andrew Luck.

I could give a rats azz & like someone mentioned earlier in this thread, if Luck retires 15 months ago, the Colts go from Manning to Luck to Sam Darnold & the Jets draft Josh "cement shoes" Obrien, er I mean Rosen. 

Just imagine that scenario for a moment. F*ck Jim Irsay & the Colts!

Agree 100% - karma can be brutal

to add the the Colts misery the question, what if they had kept Peyton? - who won another SuperBowl with Denver during Lucks career...  Redskins traded the farm for the 2nd pick, how much more would the Colts have had to build around those last few hall of fame years... (makes the Jets trade look very cheap in comparison)

sliding doors for sure

56 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This is more to the fans that said the Jets were robbed. History will show this is a very good trade for the Jets, probably the best one they ever made.

That said, the Colts are going to regret the trade for the next 12 plus years.

I agree, in hindsight, this will be remembered but I don't think the GM should take any responsibility here  since he had a 28 year old Luck already on his roster