Darnold

DRJETS

I don't understand why some are saying Darnold had a bad game.  He was under great pressure the whole game against a very good defense.  Under this constant pressure last year it was at least 2 int thrown. So he is progressing. There were two throws to Anderson that could had been TD.  The defender luckily just put the arm in the air both time.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Fans love to overreact.  Its fair to say he struggled but he was nowhere near bad. Like I mentioned before when you are constantly pressured you arent gonna have a great game I dont care who you are. The batted balls came from guys left unblocked.  His receivers dropped a good amount of passes too.  Gase had a terrible gameplan which I think frustrated Sam

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

He was ok. The line was bad and it seemed like the staff never figured out what they wanted to do re: run vs. pass. That said, he got the ball with down one with 3+ minutes left and two timeouts and got two first downs and then peed his pants. So,

I concur with your statement, he had an ok game.  The 3 and short to Anderson on that drive you were talking was a easy TD gone to waste.  I was one of the fan here that hated the Gase hiring but giving him a chance and since he was branded an offensive genius, I though he was going to adapt to the Bills' defense constant pressure often bringing an untouched defender to Darnold's face, but he didn't.  That does not bold well in the long run.   

It is so frustrating to write, but the Jets are not very good. Bills receivers looked like Jerry Rice clones--They had 4-5 yard separation even in short routes. Our guys, other than Anderson who was evidently too fast for Darnold, were repeatedly covered. Bell is a stud, but had no help from the line. The fourth down play he must have broken at least two tackles behind the line of scrimmage. The team is just weak. Darnold was under pressure all day, but he looked like he was 4'3" and seemed afraid to throw down field. We just stink!!! I hate everyone and everything today! 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

He plays scared and constantly throws off his back foot.  He just isn’t that good.  

When you have a defender untouched most of the time, it make you get rid of the ball faster than let the play develop and take a sack.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, DRJETS said:

When you have a defender untouched most of the time, it make you get rid of the ball faster than let the play develop and take a sack.  

Even the plays he had time, he locked in on a receiver, didn’t go through his progressions and threw off his back foot.  It was bad.  When he had an open receiver, he missed them.  Not good.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, DRJETS said:

Allen, who isnt good, made plays from the pocket under duress. Darnold playing sandlot isnt a solution.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I'm as big of a Darnold fan out there but he was bad today. He had no feel for the blitz and how to beat it, something that separates the truly elite OB's from the rest of the league. He held onto the ball way too long on numerous plays and never used his legs. It was a bad start for him, lets hope he improves next week.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Allen, who isnt good, made plays from the pocket under duress. Darnold playing sandlot isnt a solution.

Allen was garbage the entire game minus the TD.  The Jets defense left at least 3 more INT on the field including one given away by the ref.  The only one playing great on our defense was Mosley and we all know how it end when he was injured so please gtfo with Allen being good under pressure. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, RobR said:

I'm as big of a Darnold fan out there but he was bad today. He had no feel for the blitz and how to beat it, something that separates the truly elite OB's from the rest of the league. He held onto the ball way too long on numerous plays and never used his legs. It was a bad start for him, lets hope he improves next week.

I agree.  He wasn’t sharp vs. the blitz.  I still think this WR group is underwhelming though.  Enunwa never gets open, Crowder is ok in slot, and Anderson still needs to do more than run deep.  It’s still a flawed offense and when the O line gets pushed around like that it spells trouble for the Jets.  

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

I don't understand why some are saying Darnold had a bad game.  He was under great pressure the whole game against a very good defense.  Under this constant pressure last year it was at least 2 int thrown. So he is progressing. There were two throws to Anderson that could had been TD.  The defender luckily just put the arm in the air both time.

I love Darnold. But a lot of games come down to just a handful of plays. Darnold cant miss an open Anderson for a TD early on. Or an open Anderson late for a potential huge game. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, DRJETS said:

Allen was garbage the entire game minus the TD.  The Jets defense left at least 3 more INT on the field including one given away by the ref.  The only one playing great on our defense was Mosley and we all know how it end when he was injured so please gtfo with Allen being good under pressure. 

Dont disagree, but Allen making plays from the pocket was the difference in the game. Both defenses were good(or both QB's were bad). Gase could be to blame too, but Darnold didnt look comfortable at all today. Herky jerky, then a 5 yard out to Crowder. Repeat. 

Quinnen Williams was invisible. Jamal Adams was invisible. The "good" Jets players other than Mosely, Bell and Crowder- the FA's stunk.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Dont disagree, but Allen making plays from the pocket was the difference in the game. Both defenses were good(or both QB's were bad). Gase could be to blame too, but Darnold didnt look comfortable at all today. Herky jerky, then a 5 yard out to Crowder.

Quinnen Williams was invisible. Jamal Adams was invisible. The "good" Jets players other than Mosely, Bell and Crowder- the FA's stunk.

What did you watch? Allen literally should have thrown 4 picks from the pocket