I'll say what many are thinking ...

Dunnie

3 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

Looked good to me. Goes through his reads and delivers a catchable ball. Whether this "offensive" OL can give him a clean pocket and time to throw will determine if he/they can make the game respectable. 

Like I’ve been saying 2 back set and 2 TE set. Line needs help. I suspect the NE game plan will be to try and shutdown Bell, bring a sh*t ton of pressure to the Swiss cheese O-line and try to force Falk to throw the ball. That’s what I’d do.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'll say what everyone else is thinking.

Darnold played 1 game with Mono.  Not exactly surprising someone could potentially eclipse that performance.

Also, Falk absolutely was not throwing darts.  His arm strength was actually worse than I imagined.   Nor was he pin point accurate.  He showed good accuracy at times, but missed several throws.

Sometimes I wonder if I watch the same game as other people.

He wasn’t bad considering he was signed off the practice squad a few days before...Also, coming in behind the worst OL I’ve seen in years... He hung in there...good back up to Sam...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

NO COACH, alive or dead, could make this talent bereft squad into a winning football team this year, and maybe not even next year. The crisis we have with this team is a result of incredibly poor drafting for about a decade. It will take more than a good QB and at least two years of competent roster building to fix. If we fired the coach mid season, tell me, what would be a result? Suddenly playoff bound would we be? Not a chance.

We agree. As I said, maybe 3 seasons to effectuate meaningful change. Firing Gase now likely will not change this season's poor ultimate outcome. However, it will start the process toward a better future. What do we have to lose? Will keeping Gase mean that we'll suddenly start winning beginning with the NE game? Not a chance. So, why keep him at all? He's a total bust and a waste of space. All the while, he makes this team worse than it is otherwise, and delays any hope of even miniscule progress.

5 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Falk cannot throw an accurate pass more than 10 yards down field. Did you guys watch the game or are just looking at this stat line? His "best" play was a 10 yard underthrow to Anderson. 

I guess what you’re saying is our backup to the backup is not a great starter in this league...

2 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

I want a healthy Darnold to be back on the field.  I want our OL put on notice.  DisGase has to game plan something better than the crap we have seen the last two weeks.  We played Buffalo and Cleveland.  Let that sink in.

Beachum should donate his game check to charity for Monday night.

He should donate to abuse victims because Siemien & Falk were certainly abused because of his sh*itty azz blocking. I hope they at least got an I'm sorry!

• Upvote 1

Ok, here we go. Now we have the I realize I said something as dumb as and I'm going into spin made post. 
Here is the opening paragraph  of your OP
Doing is best 'Late Career Chad Pennington' impersonation ... Luke Falk put on the best performance of any Jets QB this year ... Yes ... Including Darnold
So tell me that wasn't  comparing the two. I mean you actually said he was better than Darnold. 

Hahaha ..read it however you like .. post was simply saying Falk has out on the best performance any Jets QB THIS YEAR. If your reading comprehension was up to snuff you might have realized that ... But please cherry pick some more ... Snicker

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Sam's college stats 2 years as a starter 3086 and 4143 yds passing 57 tds 22 picks 64.9% Luke played 5 games as a freshman but his last 3 years was 4561-4468-3593 119-39 68.3%
I remember Falk being in the mix as a top QB if he would have come out his Junior year but he slightly regressed his senior year.

He doesn't have Darnold's intangibles but I don't think he's the scrub some people on this board make him out to be. Yes he came out of a Mike Leach air raid offense which inflates stats, but the kid can play. It's up to our "genius" coach to put him in a position to be successful.

He gets Case Keenum comparisons and if he can be that, then that's about as good as you can ask from your backup QB.
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Hahaha ..read it however you like .. post was simply saying Falk has out on the best performance any Jets QB THIS YEAR. If your reading comprehension was up to snuff you might have realized that ... But please cherry pick some more ... Snicker

First off, Falk has not had the best performance, Sam put up a TD including a scrambling 2 point conversion behind a porous OL taking snaps from a horrible C who let rushers up the middle multiple times making rookie Oliver seem like the second coming of Reggie White while he had Mono. Falk completed some passes in extended garbage time and missed an easy TD in the red zone.  

Darnold was better. Like Slats said, it's  the numbers on the scoreboard  that count.  

55 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Falk cannot throw an accurate pass more than 10 yards down field. Did you guys watch the game or are just looking at this stat line? His "best" play was a 10 yard underthrow to Anderson. 

Dude, he just came up from the practice squad. I don’t think he ever even played in an NFL game. He’s got pressure coming at him from everywhere. So this is his ceiling??? Yeah he’s no good.  C’mon man.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

...and afraid to admit.

Doing is best 'Late Career Chad Pennington' impersonation ... Luke Falk put on the best performance of any Jets QB this year ... Yes ... Including Darnold.

Darnold has immense potential .. but to date has only showcased this level of talent consistently in one single game ... The Detroit Opener .. last year. Yes he played well down the stretch last year. ... But call me crazy. .. I was not wowed.

Falk was poised, calm and threw darts with pin point accuracy.

I'm excited to see him this week. At least we may have found our ten year backup.

And yes can't wait to have Darnold back.

That’s not what I was thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Typical red headed stepchild jet fandom.  Lets rip the 3rd string backup because he outplayed darnold in week 1.

This fanbase, my goodness.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Joe Willie said:

We agree. As I said, maybe 3 seasons to effectuate meaningful change. Firing Gase now likely will not change this season's poor ultimate outcome. However, it will start the process toward a better future. What do we have to lose? Will keeping Gase mean that we'll suddenly start winning beginning with the NE game? Not a chance. So, why keep him at all? He's a total bust and a waste of space. All the while, he makes this team worse than it is otherwise, and delays any hope of even miniscule progress.

Yeah we should fire him at least by mid season. That’s the coaching consistency this team needs. Let’s get a new HC every year with a new scheme and new players. As it is the Jets haven’t had consistency with the coaching staff since I can’t remember. 2 games and we should fire the coach. 

Genius idea!

Way too early for this thread. Darnold playing with mono and a out of synch OL looked bad but it is what it is. This was a development season for Sam, at least imo. Win totals, playoffs, were nice thoughts but should have been considered gravy for this season as long as Sam progressed. Now with this mono stuff it's going to set him back. I can see why guys are panicking but can we at least see how it plays out before we fall on the sword?

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Good luck to all you come latelys, but excuse me if I don't join you. I was the lone voice for too long, and I have no interest in arguing the point any further with those who refuse to be the least bit critical. It will always be the fault of the coach, no weapons, the OL or an injury, it's never the QB. It's a battle you can't win...

How can 10 people all independently think they were the lone voice??? Plenty of us have pointed out repeatedly that Darnold has proven nothing yet and trading Bridge was a huge mistake until Darnold proved to not be a bust. We all have the scars to prove it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

Yeah we should fire him at least by mid season. That’s the coaching consistency this team needs. Let’s get a new HC every year with a new scheme and new players. As it is the Jets haven’t had consistency with the coaching staff since I can’t remember. 2 games and we should fire the coach. 

Genius idea!

You don't keep a terrible coach because "consistency."

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, LSJF said:

He wasn’t bad considering he was signed off the practice squad a few days before...Also, coming in behind the worst OL I’ve seen in years... He hung in there...good back up to Sam...

I'm not saying he was bad.  All things considered he played admirably.  One can think that he played ok and not exaggerate that he was "throwing darts" and was supremely accurate.  Not directing that sentiment at you necessarily.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

How can 10 people all independently think they were the lone voice??? Plenty of us have pointed out repeatedly that Darnold has proven nothing yet and trading Bridge was a huge mistake until Darnold proved to not be a bust. We all have the scars to prove it.

Bridgewater is most likely not anyone’s

long term answer. 

31 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

Genius idea!

OK ... what great strides do you see Gase making in this team for the rest of the season? How much rope will you give him to hang himself? Are you going to let him go a full 16 games? Would you keep him for the duration of his contract? Would you even admit that he was the wrong hire from the get go? The only coaching consistency I see from him is abject failure. Let's hear YOUR genius ideas, since plainly you believe that mine have no merit.

• Sympathy 1

As we question Darnold's long term potential as a FQB and whether Gase should be given to the Bye Week before he is sacked, I am reminded of the cast that Sanchez walked into back in 2009, playing behind D'Brick, Faneca, Mangold, Moore and Woody. Throwing to Edwards, Cotchery and Keller and handing off to T Jones.  It makes you realize how absolutely awful this current roster is...

• Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, jgb said:

Good point, but here's the most important thing, and the one that the people who love what Darnold has done so far will never get. They refuse to believe that not ONE of us who are questioning Darnold are rooting against him, or want to see him fail. We root for the Jets, same as they do, and we want our QB to play well.

• Sympathy 2

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Darnold is an unknown. The only thing we know about him for sure is that he is neither Ryan Leaf nor Pat Mahomes.

Anyone who says that he is a slam dunk to either succeed or bust is expressing an opinion. There is not enough evidence to conclude one way or the other yet.

I think that is crap. Stick Darnold with Reid and all those weapons and he would have huge numbers and be considered a Top 5 QB already. Conversely Mahomes would still be a question mark with the OL and weapons the Jets have.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

As we question Darnold's long term potential as a FQB and whether Gase should be given to the Bye Week before he is sacked, I am reminded of the cast that Sanchez walked into back in 2009, playing behind D'Brick, Faneca, Mangold, Moore and Woody. Throwing to Edwards, Cotchery and Keller and handing off to T Jones.  It makes you realize how absolutely awful this current roster is...

Mike Tannenbaum F'd up the roster big time under Rex Ryan, but maybe we should have been more patient with him and given him a chance to fix it. Now we're three GM's later hoping we have a competent one and we won't know the answer for a few years. Hopefully we're not looking at number four in 2022/2023 because it we are it will be an even bigger hole to dig out of.

• Post of the Week 1

33 minutes ago, jgb said:

Please stop with the Bridgewater nonsense. We had him for ONE year, MAX. Even if the Jets kept him last year, he would have signed as a FA somewhere else this offseason. Keeping Bridgewater long term was never an option.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Please stop with the Bridgewater nonsense. We had him for ONE year, MAX. Even if the Jets kept him last year, he would have signed as a FA somewhere else this offseason. Keeping Bridgewater long term was never an option.

The point was not to re-litigate the Bridgewater issue but to point out there have been a ton of people who were not ready to crown Darnold.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I think that is crap. Stick Darnold with Reid and all those weapons and he would have huge numbers and be considered a Top 5 QB already. Conversely Mahomes would still be a question mark with the OL and weapons the Jets have.

You think. You do not know. But don't worry, whether Darnold succeeds or fails we'll be talking about him for a loooooooooong time. We still argue over whether Sanchez or Geno could've been good with weaponz.

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Good point, but here's the most important thing, and the one that the people who love what Darnold has done so far will never get. They refuse to believe that not ONE of us who are questioning Darnold are rooting against him, or want to see him fail. We root for the Jets, same as they do, and we want our QB to play well.

You'd think that fans of this team, with all of the QB flops we've gone through, would be a little more judicious in slamming fans who approach the Jets with a "believe it when I see it mentality."

• Upvote 2

10/10000 is a lone voice. Trolls.

Falk is intelligent and calm and accurate on short throws. He is not an athlete so he needs a clean pocket to operate. He has the worst arm I’ve ever seen on an NFL player. Almost unfathomably weak. He can’t even begin to scare a defense more than 10 yards down the field. 

Darnold is in a different galaxy. There is a reason Falk was not on the team and Gase looked like his child died when he found out Sam had mono.

The offense without Darnold is the worst in its teams history.

Save Darnold from this sh*tty O-Line. IR him for the rest of the year. We need a complete revamp on the O-Line. You are never going to win games with Winters, Kalil, and Beachum Jr. starting this year. They suck really bad. However, unlike Greg Williams. Gase doesn't seem to have the balls to bench their sorry asses. They almost got Faulk killed too last night. At this pace, Bell will get injured also. They cant get a push at all. All of Bell's runs are pure will on his part.

• Sympathy 1