Jets 2nd in NFL attendance

kevinc855

2 hours ago, Barkus said:

Sample size. The Jets 2 home games were the home opener when the fan base still had hope and the Monday nighter vs the browns and OBJ. 

atte.jpg

The Jets have been #1 in attendance in the AFC and have been #2 or #3 in the entire NFL since MetLife Stadium opened.

Last year's 4-12 season reflected above.  We are a good, proud fanbase.

SAR I

41 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Away teams love to come to NYC for a game

Yes.  10% of the 77,000 fans in the stadium are fans of opposing teams.

The 70,000 fans that remain are loyal, diehard Jets fans supporting their team.

You can confine your endless whining about the Jets and your bizarre need to play SOJF victim for other topics like your players, your GM, and your coaching staff. 

Sleep comfortably knowing that your Season Ticket Holders are top notch, NFL elite in fact. 

Thanks.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Barkus said:

Sample size. The Jets 2 home games were the home opener when the fan base still had hope and the Monday nighter vs the browns and OBJ. 

Sample size.  The Jets averaged the same attendance figure during our 4-12 2018 season, our 5-11 2017 season, and every season since MetLife Stadium opened.

Jets fans show up and support the team.  I know that doesn't fit with your pathetic sob-story as a SOJF Victim, but learn to deal with the fact that while we are not an elite NFL team we are indeed an elite NFL fanbase.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

This is why the Johnson’s don’t care about success in the form of wins and losses. We are better off being the NFL punching bag and filling up the stadium with opposing fans. So many people from all over the country move to NYC. They are fans of other NFL teams and what a great time for them to go to a no pressure game against a bottom dwelling team that will be a sure win. That’s why we are always near the top in attendance. 

I'm at the games.  Opposing fans are 10% of the stadium at most.

Oh, and you should see how many Jets fans show up for road games.  We put more Jets fans in Foxboro than Pats fans put in MetLife.  Ah, but let's not talk about that.  Because that doesn't make you feel bad about yourself.

Again, there are plenty of things you can convince yourselves of to fit your pathetic SOJF Victim Society narrative; the amount of season ticket holding Jets fans in MetLife Stadium isn't one of them.

Thanks.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

Deserve better. Especially you. 

Yes, like all of us, I deserve a winning team with a competent coaching staff, a strong GM, and a franchise quarterback.  Definitely.

However, if there is one thing this franchise does properly, it's us.  The fans.  We show up.  We are not fairweather.  Even in our darkest hours, even with Geno Smith and Josh McCown under center, the stadium is full and Jets fans show up.

SAR I

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Doesn’t the number of seats in the stadium factor in?

Yes, yes.....look for loopholes, look for anything to make the one thing that Jets fans can be proud of look like a steaming pile of **** so you can feel bad about yourself.  Again.

Not happening this time.  Jets Season Ticket Holders are Top 3 in the NFL.  We are elite.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, like all of us, I deserve a winning team with a competent coaching staff, a strong GM, and a franchise quarterback.  Definitely.

However, if there is one thing this franchise does properly, it's us.  The fans.  We show up.  We are not fairweather.  Even in our darkest hours, even with Geno Smith and Josh McCown under center, the stadium is full and Jets fans show up.

SAR I

I respect that. Just would like more for you guys that put all that time in. Maybe some day. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yes.  10% of the 77,000 fans in the stadium are fans of opposing teams.

The 70,000 fans that remain are loyal, diehard Jets fans supporting their team.

You can confine your endless whining about the Jets and your bizarre need to play SOJF victim for other topics like your players, your GM, and your coaching staff. 

Sleep comfortably knowing that your Season Ticket Holders are top notch, NFL elite in fact. 

Thanks.

SAR I

Yeah, Fireman Ed keeps a lot of people going to the games even in the bad times.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Oh, and you should see how many Jets fans show up for road games.  We put more Jets fans in Foxboro than Pats fans put in MetLife.  Ah, but let's not talk about that.  Because that doesn't make you feel bad about yourself.

Again, there are plenty of things you can convince yourselves of to fit your pathetic SOJF Victim Society narrative; the amount of season ticket holding Jets fans in MetLife Stadium isn't one of them.

Thanks.

SAR I

You are something else man haha!!

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Thanks.

SAR I

I couldn't believe how many Jet fans were in Nashville last year when I visited my son & went to the game. Plus my sons a bartender & said service workers love Jet fans because they're funny & big tippers.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yes, yes.....look for loopholes, look for anything to make the one thing that Jets fans can be proud of look like a steaming pile of **** so you can feel bad about yourself.  Again.

Not happening this time.  Jets Season Ticket Holders are Top 3 in the NFL.  We are elite.

SAR I

So stadium size has nothing to do with these numbers in your opinion?  Even for you that's laughable.

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Thanks.

SAR I

I agree that jets fans travel better then people give them credit for. When I went to the Tampa game in Florida it seemed almost half half. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

This is why the Johnson’s don’t care about success in the form of wins and losses. We are better off being the NFL punching bag and filling up the stadium with opposing fans. So many people from all over the country move to NYC. They are fans of other NFL teams and what a great time for them to go to a no pressure game against a bottom dwelling team that will be a sure win. That’s why we are always near the top in attendance. 

Exactly right. Not only does our inept ownership have little incentive to win, the league itself also has no problem ignoring this franchise when developing the scripts. May even be totally content with the Jets playing the loser role indefinitely. 

Our unwavering support of this team is a big reason why they suck. Market forces at work. I'm done until the Johnson brothers die off.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Exactly.... come to NY, pay $20 on stubhub for seats no Jets fan wants by October.  

There were upper deck tickets for the Browns game for $30.  We went to the Bills game this year and bought 4 tickets the morning of the game in sec. 208 and only paid $70 each.  Stubhub and the secondary market in general is the best thing for fans.  We had season tickets for 20 plus years,  being able to pick and choose what games and where you want to sit is awesome, plus you are getting tickets below face value, sometimes WELL below face value.   

• Upvote 2