Rosen back to the bench

Jumbo2927

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

Rosen has really been in some bad situations early on in his career. 

He really has... He shouldn't have started so early for Arizona... Then they dump him to grab Murray. He lands into a Miami team in flux with a questionable coaching staff... And now he's back on the bench, and will likely get dumped again when Miami drafts a QB.

I mean he hasn't helped himself by playing so poorly... But it does feel like he hasn't had a second to absorb and get comfortable before the rugs are pulled out from under him. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, seems like the Dolphin players had enough of tanking with Rosen and demanded Fitz play to at least keep their games competitive. 

I think it was the coaches. You think Flores isn’t trying to win these games? He saw what happened to Steve Wilks

I think it’s obvious that Rosen just lacks pretty much every key intangible to be a good player at the position in the NFL.

There was no denying that he threw a pretty ball at UCLA and was seriously talented, but the guy has always been known as a massive douche who completely lacks any sort of leadership quality and whose love for the game has repeatedly been called into question.

And I don’t think he’s the sort to accept being a career backup. If he isn’t a consistent starter within 2 years, I could see him walking away from the game entirely.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I think it’s obvious that Rosen just lacks pretty much every key intangible to be a good player at the position in the NFL.

There was no denying that he threw a pretty ball at UCLA and was seriously talented, but the guy has always been known as a massive douche who completely lacks any sort of leadership quality and whose love for the game has repeatedly been called into question.

And I don’t think he’s the sort to accept being a career backup. If he isn’t a consistent starter within 2 years, I could see him walking away from the game entirely.

Rosen needs to prove he can play in this league first. There are only so many chances you get regardless of draft position 

3 minutes ago, Jumbo2927 said:

Rosen needs to prove he can play in this league first. There are only so many chances you get regardless of draft position 

And so far he hasn’t shown much

I know he hasn’t been placed in anywhere close to ideal circumstances since entering the league, but thems the breaks.

Darnold has played behind a shaky OL with little weapons to speak of since Day 1. But it still hasn’t stopped him from repeatedly showing signs of growing into an elite QB in the very near future.

Rosen has pretty much looked like poop in every opportunity he’s gotten.

1 hour ago, DMan77 said:

He really has... He shouldn't have started so early for Arizona... Then they dump him to grab Murray. He lands into a Miami team in flux with a questionable coaching staff... And now he's back on the bench, and will likely get dumped again when Miami drafts a QB.

I mean he hasn't helped himself by playing so poorly... But it does feel like he hasn't had a second to absorb and get comfortable before the rugs are pulled out from under him. 

Yup. Totally agree. He might not end up being a good player at the end of the day but you'd like to see him get a fair chance in a good situation. 

• Upvote 2

It's hard to believe that Rosen is Hackenberg bad.  Perhaps he is, but the guy could not have been put into 2 worse situations in AZ last year and MIA this year.

Also, this HC is not getting fired. Fitz could screw up the whole Tank for Tua strategy.  Don't understand this at all.

7 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Rosen has really been in some bad situations early on in his career. 

Bad luck for him. In AZ, no offensive line and only Fitz as a weapon. In Miami, he goes to a team that is trying to lose as many games as possible... If Miami was smart (they're not) they would build both lines and get offensive weapons for Rosen. 

Against the Pats, he placed several throws that were outright dropped... 

• Upvote 1

As I have mentioned here before, my son was part of the USC program and a roommate of Sam.  Additionally, he played against Josh in high school, so I have been watching Rosen play for seven years.  He was the best high school QB that I saw - amazingly accurate.  I have been surprised at how poorly he has played in the NFL.  I expected him to play much better than he has.  I hope he turns it around - his public persona isn’t the best, but he is well liked.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Great post. Guy had bust written all over him.

12 hours ago, Big Snell said:

Like the Patriots ????????

It’s his destiny.

12 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Yup. Totally agree. He might not end up being a good player at the end of the day but you'd like to see him get a fair chance in a good situation. 

Life has already been more than fair to Josh Rosen. Even the “Chosen Rosen” nickname (not suggesting he chose it) is a bit of a backhanded compliment that he didn’t really work for it, he was divinely selected. He has the worst mental makeup possible to be a football player. The cliche of football stars coming from poverty and rough neighborhoods is based on some truth. That kind of adversity molds the junk yard dog, won’t-be-denied mentality to make it in the league. Of course there are exceptions but that’s what they are: exceptions.

5 hours ago, Tiffany980 said:

Bad luck for him. In AZ, no offensive line and only Fitz as a weapon. In Miami, he goes to a team that is trying to lose as many games as possible... If Miami was smart (they're not) they would build both lines and get offensive weapons for Rosen. 

Against the Pats, he placed several throws that were outright dropped... 

He also had David Johnson. Better situation than Darnold. Good QBs make their own weapons.

18 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, seems like the Dolphin players had enough of tanking with Rosen and demanded Fitz play to at least keep their games competitive. 

I watch Fitz and have to laugh at some of his ridiculous throws--that wind up complete.  He has never learned anything

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Rosen is a giant bust. I had him 2 behind Darnold, going into the draft. Boy was I wrong. Looks like we may have finally lucked out.

I had Rosen last after all UDFAs. He is the smart version of Geno Smith. 

Thank God for Gettleman because you just know Macc couldn’t resist “NFL Ready Rosen” over “Athletic Christian Hackenberg.”

• Upvote 1