10 point underdogs at home feels like a slap in the face

39 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Am I the only one who feels a 10 point spread is a slap in the face? Maybe my green shades are distorting my vision but I really think we have a solid chance to hand the Pats their first loss.

Judy in Disguise. Good old song. 10 points underdogs is deserved until we prove otherwise. We will prove otherwise. But how could it be a slap in the face when they are 6-0 and we are 1-4 so it fits - until Monday Night!

• Upvote 4

Yea, the state of our OL is pretty catastrophic.  While NE's isn't great either b/c of injuries, its no where near as bad as what we have.  In this day and age, I don't think you can win with Jag level play at that group.

I think we can keep this relatively low scoring for awhile, but I just don't see how we score 3 touchdowns against them, which is pretty much the minimum needed to beat them.  I also don't see how we  hold Brady to less than 2 scores + change. 

In the first matchup, we basically got a garbage time gift pick 6 from a rookie, and a botched fair catch.  So its unlikely we do much better on random points, and as we saw, Brady can still dominate for portions of the game where its hard to see what any D could do about it.  There were segments of that game where they were moving at will.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Judy in Disguise. Good old song. 10 points underdogs is deserved until we prove otherwise. We will prove otherwise. But how could it be a slap in the face when they are 6-0 and we are 1-4 so it fits - until Monday Night!

How has this NOT been in a Quentin Tarantino film?

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

How has this NOT been in a Quentin Tarantino film?

I can’t stop watching it. I must be going Coo Coo! Seriously the Jets are making me Coo Coo. We can have a season. Just got to beat the Patriots and we might have a season. Enough to drive any Jets Fan crazy!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetscrazey said:

The Cowboys played zone and Darnold shredded them.  The Pats are gonna play man, and this offense still has to prove it can do it against that scheme after the Buffalo loss.  There's still some uncertainty there.

Good point. So you saying this game is far from a given for us - and your right.  Let’s hope Gase knows this and has a plan.  

P L A N Plan! As Sergeant Bilko would say. 

2 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Have you seen them play this season ?

I've seen them play against the worst starting schedule the NFL has ever had. If they start thumping good teams then I'll be more impressed. 

With Sam at the helm the Jets are a totally different team. Last game was the healthiest we have seen him since the preseason. With him feeling better each week and adding Mosley back into the fold I think the Jets can pull it off.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Am I the only one who feels a 10 point spread is a slap in the face? Maybe my green shades are distorting my vision but I really think we have a solid chance to hand the Pats their first loss.

Mods, please move to the Darnold Talks/Sports Cliche Thread.

6 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

If you feel like it's an insult, wake up Tuesday morning a rich man.  Put the mortgage on it.  

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I’m looking for continued growth from Darnold, and the Offence in this one.

I don’t expect to Win, this is a super bowl caliber team we are playing. They just heard their main AFC rival lost their QB Thursday night for a few weeks min.

BB will be out to make a statement.

Going by the old way I used to remember, with the KC QB down and Pats already with a 2 game lead for Home field throughout, the Jets need this game much more then the Pats do, which as I said in the past would many times get a team to beat a better team. In essence the Jets season is on the line since 2-4 is much different having the sifter schedule upcoming than 1-5 is.

6 hours ago, Hael said:

Yea, the state of our OL is pretty catastrophic.  While NE's isn't great either b/c of injuries, its no where near as bad as what we have.  In this day and age, I don't think you can win with Jag level play at that group.

I think we can keep this relatively low scoring for awhile, but I just don't see how we score 3 touchdowns against them, which is pretty much the minimum needed to beat them.  I also don't see how we  hold Brady to less than 2 scores + change. 

In the first matchup, we basically got a garbage time gift pick 6 from a rookie, and a botched fair catch.  So its unlikely we do much better on random points, and as we saw, Brady can still dominate for portions of the game where its hard to see what any D could do about it.  There were segments of that game where they were moving at will.

Their defense is way overrated due to the competition they've played.  The schedule they'll get in the 2nd half of the season is the one we had in the 1st half.

Now, BB against young QB's in the big problem - but hopefully with Gase's experience against BB he'll have him prepared.

IMO - this game is as much about Gase than anyone else.

7 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

If people would put money on the Jets with less that 10 points, the spread would be lower. You are feeling a slap from the gambling public

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im expecting us to win this game.  Im not scared of phillip dorsett, ben watson and these other scrubs the patriots are starting due to injury.

If we can beat the patriots tom night, i dont know when we will be able to beat them.

James White, Sony Michel, JE, and Dorset isn't  a scrub. That is more than enough to keep our D busy. We better get a serious rush on Brady 

• Thumb Down 1

57 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

How is this relevant  to that thread? The guy upset over the spread and made a thread about it. This isn't  the file system and an accounting firm, it's a board to talk about sports, primarily  the Jets.

Hes just still confused over how fans think about their teams.

Somehow isnt the same when it comes to the underdog Nats

1 minute ago, Billsfan35 said:

Bills are playoff bound this year and the Jets are not even close. Go chew on that. 

LOL.We will see. Why not go back to your own boards and talk there? You know why? Because even your Bills buddies don't give a damn. Thats why you come here. You're pathetic.

share discover GIF