10 point underdogs at home feels like a slap in the face

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

LOL.We will see. Why not go back to your own boards and talk there? You know why? Because even your Bills buddies don't give a damn. Thats why you come here. You're pathetic.

share discover GIF

Let’s go Buffalo!!!!! About to be 5-1 while the Jets are soon to be 1-5!!! Just End The Season Jets!!!!!

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Billsfan35 said:

Let’s go Buffalo!!!!! About to be 5-1 while the Jets are soon to be 1-5!!! Just End The Season Jets!!!!!

Only team with a weaker strength of schedule than the Patriots haha we're coming for you week 17! Jets we're hamstrung by the kicker, a sick Darnold, and Mosley getting knocked out!

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

How is this relevant  to that thread? The guy upset over the spread and made a thread about it. 

Because complaining of "slaps in the face" is about as close to cliche as one can get, and that thread was nothing but cliche.

Want a better spread?  Maybe try winning more often.  

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im expecting us to win this game.  Im not scared of phillip dorsett, ben watson and these other scrubs the patriots are starting due to injury.

If we can beat the patriots tom night, i dont know when we will be able to beat them.

Without a younger Brady in 08 the Jets lost the first game and needed OT to beat them in the 2nd game..And that was with a healthy Farve..

35 minutes ago, Billsfan35 said:

To be fair we have had only two games with our starting QB and in the first one the kid had mono. You needed our best defender to go down and our kicker to stay on the bus to win that one. We won the second one. Good luck this week. 

11 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Am I the only one who feels a 10 point spread is a slap in the face? Maybe my green shades are distorting my vision but I really think we have a solid chance to hand the Pats their first loss.

If you're confident enough about it then take advantage of it and bet it.  I'm feeling optimistic about our chances right now but the Pats always seem to take the wind out of our sails so I don't feel confident enough to take the 10 points.  It'll be fun enough just to watch/root for the Jets in this one.  If we can somehow pull this off, this season is back in business.

14 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Am I the only one who feels a 10 point spread is a slap in the face? Maybe my green shades are distorting my vision but I really think we have a solid chance to hand the Pats their first loss.

We have to earn respect. A win Monday night would go a long way towards that end.

A frriend told me that he was walking on a Portland trail once when a rabid dog foaming at the mouth trotted out in front of him.  It showed its teeth and started growly like it was going to bite him.  The "gutter punk" my friend was traveling with took his broken down Dock Martin and stock it behind the dog's genitals.  It went scampering away howling in pain. 

Sam has to do the same thing to the Patriots.

• Upvote 1

On 10/20/2019 at 2:40 AM, jetscrazey said:

The Cowboys played zone and Darnold shredded them.  The Pats are gonna play man, and this offense still has to prove it can do it against that scheme after the Buffalo loss.  There's still some uncertainty there.

I hope they play man, less confusion for sam and between robby, demarius and crowder any of those guys are capable of winning 1v1 match ups. Plus they have to account for bell out of the backfield :)

17 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

A frriend told me that he was walking on a Portland trail once when a rabid dog foaming at the mouth trotted out in front of him.  It showed its teeth and started growly like it was going to bite him.  The "gutter punk" my friend was traveling with took his broken down Dock Martin and stock it behind the dog's genitals.  It went scampering away howling in pain. 

That's a lot of testicles he'll need to slap.

On 10/20/2019 at 7:33 AM, bla bla bla said:

I've seen them play against the worst starting schedule the NFL has ever had. If they start thumping good teams then I'll be more impressed. 

With Sam at the helm the Jets are a totally different team. Last game was the healthiest we have seen him since the preseason. With him feeling better each week and adding Mosley back into the fold I think the Jets can pull it off.

They played the Bills in Buffalo and won.  that D is legit! it is on pace to be the LOWEST scoring D in NFL history (post merger that is).  The O is not that good right now but they added Watson at TE and a thumper TE to improve the run game.  If they can run on the Jets it will be  a very long game tonight. 

On 10/20/2019 at 1:18 AM, bla bla bla said:

How much are you betting on the Jets on the money line?

19 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

this is the kind of high quality content I and many others have come to associate with the JetNation brand 

• Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 1:18 AM, bla bla bla said:

I will give the 10 and take the Pats

On 10/20/2019 at 1:18 AM, bla bla bla said:

This is just like that all-important preseason power ranking when a number of us were up in arms because we ranked #31, basically because we can't win games.

That's when the huffery and puffery began, 'don't they know how much we've improved?', etc. 

So then we go out and drop the first 5 games. 

We are like 100% of the other teams in the league. We can win our way into "respect" … that's the only way we'll get it. 

So let's get it.

• Post of the Week 1