SNY POST GAME

47 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Listen,  i hated Bowles as the HC here his last 2 seasons but even during their worst times the team stuck behind him and played hard.  It's been 6 games into the Gase tenure and half the team wants to commit suicide. Please fire this ass clown. 

And we'd still be 1-5 or 0-6.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

What killed me was the second Sam INT.

Up until that point, regardless of what this board said, Sam was playing well.  Coming off a really nice drive...

but the fact that he just threw the ball up for grabs - was just crushing.  

The team might now be realizing, like I'm starting to, that Sam might not be the guy....That's what has me so down right now.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Up until that point, regardless of what this board said, Sam was playing well.  Coming off a really nice drive...

The team might now be realizing, like I'm starting to, that Sam might not be the guy....That's what has me so down right now.

It’s got us all down. It’s why I’m advocating we burn the whole thing down. Douglas needs to be working the phones hard Monday, and trade anyone of value.

• Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm not saying it's entirely Gase's fault we are at the current state we are at, but if he has lost the locker room 7 games into his first season, he has to go.

If Darnold collapses, that’s what could end Gase after one year. The Jets would be at their lowest point since Ken O’Brien went south 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

We unfortunately are about to see an Epic meltdown. Greg Williams will be the interim HC very soon. They need a scapegoat for this monumental fool up. He’s called Adam Gase. The Johnson’s are nothing but cowards, and will throw him under the bus very soon.

Except that J&J have always shown that they keep their HC and GM's for that matter way too long. There's no way CJ fires Adam Gase after only 1 season, even if they go 1-15. I just don't see it happening. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, billo83 said:

Except that J&J have always shown that they keep their HC and GM's for that matter way too long. There's no way CJ fires Adam Gase after only 1 season, even if they go 1-15. I just don't see it happening. 

They'll fire the o-line coach or maybe even the offensive coordinator as the fall guys, but everyone will know it's Gase that needs to go. Two years from now when he's finally fired after a Hue Jackson like run...maybe they can hire Flores then...

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If Darnold collapses, that’s what could end Gase after one year. The Jets would be at their lowest point since Ken O’Brien went south 

You're making a bad assumption that CJ is competent and is aware of what is going. I'm sure Gase would tell CJ that Darnold's development is being stunted because of the terrible talent on the OL (and that it was all Mac;s fault) and to allow his buddy Douglas to fix that issue. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

They'll fire the o-line coach or maybe even the offensive coordinator as the fall guys, but everyone will know it's Gase that needs to go. Two years from now when he's finally fired after a Hue Jackson like run...maybe they can hire Flores then...

Exactly - and/or that Mac left them with no talent on the OL and poor WR's. CJ will buy that for at least another season.

11 minutes ago, billo83 said:

You're making a bad assumption that CJ is competent and is aware of what is going. I'm sure Gase would tell CJ that Darnold's development is being stunted because of the terrible talent on the OL (and that it was all Mac;s fault) and to allow his buddy Douglas to fix that issue. 

Which is probably the right path. I mean, this line is a nightmare. I thought it was scheme last week, but this week these dudes were laughing about how easy it was to get around Edoga. The one sack Alex Lewis gave up to Smoot(?) was so embarrassing that I thought Lewis pulled a hamstring at the snap. Alas, he did not 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bugg said:

At 22-15, this was a game. So this team didn't quit despite a lot of bad stuff happening. NOBODY can make a bad OL magically better with a great speech or wonderful scheme. We know the OL is terrible.

What is more disturbing to me is the defense. No pass rush. Getting crushed every 3rd down safety blitz all season. 

They had Adams blitzing and a DE dropping into coverage a few times and Minshew dropped it off for an easy completion every time. Like, you had Basham and Phillips in man coverage against wide receivers. What kind of defense is that? 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

At 22-15, this was a game. So this team didn't quit despite a lot of bad stuff happening. NOBODY can make a bad OL magically better with a great speech or wonderful scheme. We know the OL is terrible.

What is more disturbing to me is the defense. No pass rush. Getting crushed every 3rd down safety blitz all season. Stupid penalties. 

Problems with Gase is he doesn't seem to have a grasp of the flow of the game. At 22-15, you don't need to be slinging it all over, you have Bell. And Darnold's mechanics are a total mess. Bad enough he's running for his life, you have to give the kid a chance and some instruction. Nobody appears to be talking to Darnold when they're on defense. The sideline looks a lot like when Geno Smith sat there without anyone talking to him. You cannot have that. Darnold already feels bad, you need to tell this kid why it's not working and what he has to do to fix his footwork.

The OL SUCKS. 

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You’re overreacting to that INT. It was 2nd and 24... he threw a post giving his WR a chance to make a play. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, billo83 said:

And we'd still be 1-5 or 0-6.

Huh? I'm not saying Bowles was good.  I'm simply saying the players wouldn't have given up already.  That's the only positive aspect of the Bowles tenure was that his players never gave up on him. Sadly, we're 6 games in and the players have quit on the coach. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Which is probably the right path. I mean, this line is a nightmare. I thought it was scheme last week, but this week these dudes were laughing about how easy it was to get around Edoga. The one sack Alex Lewis gave up to Smoot(?) was so embarrassing that I thought Lewis pulled a hamstring at the snap. Alas, he did not 

No, he pulled a Winters.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

We unfortunately are about to see an Epic meltdown. Greg Williams will be the interim HC very soon. They need a scapegoat for this monumental fool up. He’s called Adam Gase. The Johnson’s are nothing but cowards, and will throw him under the bus very soon.

The cowardly move would be NOT firing him.  Show your fans you got a set of balls and do what needs to be done.  Hit the reset button

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

What is more disturbing to me is the defense. No pass rush. Getting crushed every 3rd down safety blitz all season. Stupid penalties. 

Problems with Gase is he doesn't seem to have a grasp of the flow of the game. At 22-15, you don't need to be slinging it all over, you have Bell. And Darnold's mechanics are a total mess. Bad enough he's running for his life, you have to give the kid a chance and some instruction. Nobody appears to be talking to Darnold when they're on defense. The sideline looks a lot like when Geno Smith sat there without anyone talking to him. You cannot have that. Darnold already feels bad, you need to tell this kid why it's not working and what he has to do to fix his footwork.

Like I said in an earlier post, a Head Coach, especially one that is handling the offense, has to coach. Did you see Bellicheat on his knees coaching up the defense last week. Gates does none of that, he stands there with his headset on and his play chart covering his mouth, doesn't talk to anyone. This is where we miss McKown, he was always there when Sam came off of the field, coaching him. I don't get where Gates ever got the rep of being a great QB coach, besides Manning. We have to get Sam some help or we are going to waste his talent.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Eaton Beaver said:

Like I said in an earlier post, a Head Coach, especially one that is handling the offense, has to coach. Did you see Bellicheat on his knees coaching up the defense last week. Gates does none of that, he stands there with his headset on and his play chart covering his mouth, doesn't talk to anyone. This is where we miss McKown, he was always there when Sam came off of the field, coaching him. I don't get where Gates ever got the rep of being a great QB coach, besides Manning. We have to get Sam some help or we are going to waste his talent.

Ddi you see BB writing on that little pocket note pad today?  

16 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Huh? I'm not saying Bowles was good.  I'm simply saying the players wouldn't have given up already.  That's the only positive aspect of the Bowles tenure was that his players never gave up on him. Sadly, we're 6 games in and the players have quit on the coach. 

My point was that it really doesn't matter if the players gave up on Bowles or not he still would have been 1-5 or 0-6.  Rich Kotites teams played harder for him than either of these turds teams have for them and he still went 4-28. So I didn't see the point of comparing 2 turd coaches. It's like trying to compare Idzyk to Mac.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

You don't think Christopher is watching Andy Reid in Mahomes ear constantly engaging and looking at film on his Surface. Mcvay sitting with Goff all the time.... And wondering why no one is even talking with Sam?

Btw - great post.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Ken Shroy said:

Agreed. I saw that. This locker room is about to fold. They have no faith in Gase to turn things around apparently.

You mean being a low energy mope with crazy eyes and the body language of a 16 year old goth kid getting scolded by his dad isn't inspiring? What?? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I  going to say it real slow ------- No QB will play well with the Oline and blocking scheme the Jets are trotting out on the field right now. Kalil should be on the bench injury or not, they actually blocked better and moved the ball better with Harrison at center. And for those saying we should be establishing a run game , every time they tried to run it was Bell gutting out 2-3 yards on his own. It all starts with the line and right now that unit is playing at a High School level. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

I  going to say it real slow ------- No QB will play well with the Oline and blocking scheme the Jets are trotting out on the field right now. Kalil should be on the bench injury or not, they actually blocked better and moved the ball better with Harrison at center. And for those saying we should be establishing a run game , every time they tried to run it was Bell gutting out 2-3 yards on his own. It all starts with the line and right now that unit is playing at a High School level. 

Here's the thing though - he was playing well, at least as well as anyone could be asked to play under the circumstances, but he needs to stop just throwing the ball up in the air - that was a back breaker. 

It was 2nd and 24 - not great but not exactly needing a hail mary either.  Throw it short pick up a few yards, throw it away and punt..whatever, but don't just throw the ball up in the air like that.