The problem is not Darnold

Phillyjet

The problem is coaching. It's the same thing every week.

The Jets offense comes out on fire, you clearly see all the talent Darnold has. Then all of a sudden the offense starts to fall apart, penalties mount up, and the Jets go a large portion of the game doing nothing.

It's not Darnold, he makes mistake like all young QB's. But the O-Line doesn't protect him and gets flagged for a ton of drive killing penalties. It's coaching and the O-Line. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He looks fantastic on the run, even the throw to herndon that was called back was great. 

He ALWAYS has.  He can also roll to his LEFT and deliver strikes throwing the opposite way, he can hit throws from ANY Arm Angle, I'm not going to argue that point with the Haters...I've already seen it..MANY times already.

This lousy coach Gase FINALLY let him roll out, in the 9th game, instead of straight drop backs into the ABYSS aka the Jets Pocket.

It's obvious.  Gase has his own System and EVERYONE must adapt to HIS System.  The usual Jet "coach" who always tries putting square pegs into round holes.....today the scenario was deviated from, and surprise, things went better.

Would really like to see Gase just leave Darnold alone.  Let him adlib, because he is deadly "off script".

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

As an aside, my feelings are really hurting from all the Jets732 negative rep I’m receiving.

A win has him crawling out from wherever he’s been hiding all season

The embarrassment of yelling at everyone all preseason about what an awesome roster this is must’ve worn off

8 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

The problem is coaching. It's the same thing every week.

The Jets offense comes out on fire, you clearly see all the talent Darnold has. Then all of a sudden the offense starts to fall apart, penalties mount up, and the Jets go a large portion of the game doing nothing.

It's not Darnold, he makes mistake like all young QB's. But the O-Line doesn't protect him and gets flagged for a ton of drive killing penalties. It's coaching and the O-Line. 

Difference today is they settled down and we’re solid in the 4th.  That was new.  Who thought when it was 27-21, they would score 13 straight?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

He ALWAYS has.  He can also roll to his LEFT and deliver strikes throwing the opposite way, he can hit throws from ANY Arm Angle, I'm not going to argue that point with the Haters...I've already seen it..MANY times already.

This lousy coach Gase FINALLY let him roll out, in the 9th game, instead of straight drop backs into the ABYSS aka the Jets Pocket.

It's obvious.  Gase has his own System and EVERYONE must adapt to HIS System.  The usual Jet "coach" who always tries putting square pegs into round holes.....today the scenario was deviated from, and surprise, things went better.

Would really like to see Gase just leave Darnold alone.  Let him adlib, because he is deadly "off script".

This isnt a knock but most QB's look good on the run. They are typically easy one read throws. It's not a sustainable way to run an offense.

2 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Thank you!!

Why don’t people see the obvious!!? Last year Darnold was Houdini, now Gase is effectively eliminating his own player’s strengths!!

• Upvote 2

Just now, FireTheJohnsons said:

Get him an Oline and some competent receivers and he will be good. This line is among the worst I’ve ever seen. And the WRs are dog poo as well. A QB can’t overcome both of those deficiencies 

Yeah I know all that and I’m not saying I entirely disagree but the kid has not played well this year at all. He has two game were he wasn’t totally terrible and Jets won. Nothing wrong with that because the entire team stinks. But Sam has at times played comically bad . Can’t blame everyone for that 

Just now, The Crusher said:

Yeah I know all that and I’m not saying I entirely disagree but the kid has not played well this year at all. He has two game were he wasn’t totally terrible and Jets won. Nothing wrong with that because the entire team stinks. But Sam has at times played comically bad . Can’t blame everyone for that 

To be fair he has played through mono, a bad toe and thumb.  He is under constant pressure. That’s not an excuse that’s a fact.  Also the coaching staff has done him no favors.  Has he made bad decisions too? Yes but look at all the obstacles he has to deal with too

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

To be fair he has played through mono, a bad toe and thumb.  He is under constant pressure. That’s not an excuse that’s a fact.  Also the coaching staff has done him no favors.  Has he made bad decisions too? Yes but look at all the obstacles he has to deal with too

I’m cool with all that . I’m also someone who wanted him from the start  . Love the kid. He just has a long way to go. That’s ok, hasn’t played the position that long. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, The Crusher said:

I’m cool with all that . I’m also someone who wanted him from the start  . Love the kid. He just has a long way to go. That’s ok, hasn’t played the position that long. 

I agree with that.  I’m not trying to say that he has been terrific BUT let’s be honest the oline he has had to deal with might be the worst I’ve ever seen. It doesn’t matter how good a QB you are if you are running for your life 85 percent of the time you aren’t gonna be as good

I am very comfortable in the fact that for the foreseeable future, there are going to be games where Darnold will make you think he's the answer.  Then other games he will make us think he's not.  Right now he's somewhere in between. 

Today his decision making was much better as a whole, but still had a few throws he made where he was in danger.  Today they happened to be completed.  As long as he starts realizing he doesn't have to make a play every single snap, I can live with it.  He has to value the ball more.  Today was a small step in that direction.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Jets723 said:

I agree with that.  I’m not trying to say that he has been terrific BUT let’s be honest the oline he has had to deal with might be the worst I’ve ever seen. It doesn’t matter how good a QB you are if you are running for your life 85 percent of the time you aren’t gonna be as good

I get that and same thing can be said about the Giants this game. All of a sudden Barkley and Belk look like shit. Lines are horrible that’s  a fact.  Jones has four TDS Sam had one. Sam literally missed one he should have had. He got some work to do. Nothing wrong with it.