Can Adam Gase save his job?

NYJ1

13 hours ago, New York Mick said:

By beating a sh*tty team? Or by playing for an owner who has no ******* clue how to run a team?

1.  Clutch win with an injured roster.

2.  Creative offensive playcalling.

3.  Team plays very hard with no sign of quit.

4.  Got the most out of Jamal Adams.

5.  Got the complete support of Sam Darnold.

Nice week for Coach Gase.  His best as a Jet, actually.

SAR I

13 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Nah. The fans who want Gase fired would rather see us lose and for Darnold to play poorly, so that they can be right. 

I have never seen a Jets forum with participants this obsessed with being "right" about amateur "predictions".

SAR I

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

What is going to make people throwing their money away on a flying banner to fire Gase start liking him? Nothing.

Because they have to be right.  It means the world to them.  The Jets could go on a 8-0 run, finish 9-7, run the table and win the Super Bowl, and they would be angry and spitting blood because they were "wrong" about a head coaching prediction.  On a fan forum.

SAR I

12 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

I forgot to mention it but the posters in this thread are correct. Sammys development is what Adam Gases future will hinge upon. That will be just as important as his win/loss record.

Don't say that.  Apparently the plane flyers think the Jets are a win-now Super Bowl contender being ruined by bad coaching.

SAR I

13 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Unless he runs naked through Times Square on a Saturday night Gase will be here in 2020. Of course half the people probably won't even know who he is. "Look at that bug-eyed sonovabitch go. He's really moving."

I’ll be amazed if he gets fired. Not a shot in Hell imo. They’re not paying 3 HC salaries next year

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You forgot:

6. Playing a team that's more pathetic than they are.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

Sunday went a very long way towards saving his job. Beating the Giants with the schedule coming up the next few weeks should help them go on a little run. If they could string together a few in a row I can't see them firing him.

I think the Jets will finish 6-10 with wins over Washington, Miami, Cincinnati and Buffalo. If they play well in losses to Oakland, Baltimore and Pittsburgh the Johnson bros. will bring Gase back. If, however, the Jets look like hot garbage it is curtains for Gase even after one season. His decision making is terrible, twice losing valuable timeouts on replay calls that he could never win.

6 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

I think the Jets will finish 6-10 with wins over Washington, Miami, Cincinnati and Buffalo. If they play well in losses to Oakland, Baltimore and Pittsburgh the Johnson bros. will bring Gase back. If, however, the Jets look like hot garbage it is curtains for Gase even after one season. His decision making is terrible, twice losing valuable timeouts on replay calls that he could never win.

I am hoping Oakland has the curse of west coming east for a 1pm game and the Jets sneak that one out for 7 and 9.

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

1. Lmao

2. Best playcalling this year

3. They beat a sh*tty team

4. Gase doesn’t call the defense 

5. Darnold isn’t going to say anything else

Again it was against a sh*tty tea

4 hours ago, HessStation said:

They’re all funny but this one, this one should be framed in the JN HOF

....so when Jamal Blows the Jacksonville and Miami games due to lousy Safety play, the narrative is "Gase doesn't get the most out of his players!  Fire him!  Planes!  Protests!"

.....and when Jamal has a great game against the Giants and plays with fire and focus, the narrative is "This is funny!  Gase had nothing to do with that!  Fire him!  Planes!  Protests!"

Only SOJF's.

SAR I

gase is terrible anybody that supports him is wanting to re create  the great success we had under bowles groh and kotite.

he is a losers loser with a history of losing

this  is not parcells coming to the jets this a guy just ran out of town for being a loser.

Tannylill probably thrilled to not have to deal with Gase and it shows.

19 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

With the fan base anyway? We all know Gase will be back next season. There's no way CJ, IMO, will fire Gase after only one season. But in the eyes of the fans he's terrible and he should be fired at once. So what must he do to get you the fans supporting him? 

For me, I see 4 very winnable games left on the schedule: Redskins, Bengals, Dolphins, and Bills. I think the Jets will finish at 5-11 or even 6-10 after all the negative stuff I've been posting. Just a few weeks ago I thought they wouldn't win 4 games. 

If the Jets finish 5-11 does that renew any faith you may or may not have had in Adam Gase? For me, with how untalented this roster is, going 5-11 would be nothing short of a miracle. I would support him if the Jets went 5-11 or better.

much as the team has been pretty bad this season things are improving.  the last two games the jets scored a td on their opening drive.  how many times did they do that under bowles?  they won the last game.  not pretty but the offense put up 27.  not bad considering they were averaging 12 going in.  this means that gase's offense isn't bad.  it's more a case where the oline is bad (or maybe pollack's coaching) and overall the team has battled through a ton of injuries.  it's hard to win if the starters go down and there's little depth. and it doesn't look like the players are tuning gase out.

what they did to do from here on out is to beat the bad teams they face.  right now all of their remaining games are winnable except maybe buffalo.  and buffalo has a tendency to swoon at the end of the season.  so we'll see.

I think he's done great so far, so I don't see why he has to "Save" his job. I am excited for what the future holds. I love Chris Johnson, and I like Douglas and Gates. I think we are in a good position moving forward, just need to Fix the oline, get some CBs, and find a QB. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, funaz said:

I think he's done great so far, so I don't see why he has to "Save" his job. I am excited for what the future holds. I love Chris Johnson, and I like Douglas and Gates. I think we are in a good position moving forward, just need to Fix the oline, get some CBs, and find a QB. 

Antonio Gates??

6 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

If Darnold has a good second half,  he will save Gase's job.  I don't care if JD and Gase are lovers - if the end is Darnold regressing this season, Gase is gone.   

Came here to say this. I really want Darnold to do well and progress. One of my biggest fears for this team is for an Arizona Cardinals-type draft where we get another QB and trade Sam for next to nothing.

I said before the season, for Gase...this season was ALL ABOUT SAM; not wins/losses. If Darnold took the next step/leap, then whatever the record was would be given a pass because of the horrible roster Mac put forth.

If he wants to be back here next year:

- Sam has to keep looking good and growing, feel comfortable in the offense (something that’s been reported hasn’t been the case until this week, with Sam taking more control over what plays and calls should be).

- Beat the teams you should. No more embarrassing losses to Miami etc. Beat Washington, Cincinnati, Miami.

- Don’t get blown out and keep losing by double digits. For the love of God keep yourself in the games against remaining decent-good teams, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Oakland.

Worth noting*: I would have fired Gase already. I think he’s a bum. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, but I’ve seen enough. 

My examples are what I think Johnson & Johnson will set as a measuring stick, a very low bar set.

So 6-10 will def keep Gase if Sam continues to look good. 5-11 is probably 50/50. 4-12 or less and I think he’s a goner.

20 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Darnold > Todd

this is true. the question is...  how much better? savior? elite? not remotely close to those.

he has a long step up just to get to middle of the pack...where friggin Josh mcClown was,

hell, where RYAN FITZPATRICK is, THIS season.

so I am calling it AS IT IS RIGHT NOW...  he's a bottom tier QB (bottom 3rd of the entire league)

and he's bottom tier until he climbs to the middle...   much less the top tier guy everybody believes

is hidden in a crappy body of work to date.

21 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

With the fan base anyway? We all know Gase will be back next season. There's no way CJ, IMO, will fire Gase after only one season. But in the eyes of the fans he's terrible and he should be fired at once. So what must he do to get you the fans supporting him? 

For me, I see 4 very winnable games left on the schedule: Redskins, Bengals, Dolphins, and Bills. I think the Jets will finish at 5-11 or even 6-10 after all the negative stuff I've been posting. Just a few weeks ago I thought they wouldn't win 4 games. 

If the Jets finish 5-11 does that renew any faith you may or may not have had in Adam Gase? For me, with how untalented this roster is, going 5-11 would be nothing short of a miracle. I would support him if the Jets went 5-11 or better.

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

....so when Jamal Blows the Jacksonville and Miami games due to lousy Safety play, the narrative is "Gase doesn't get the most out of his players!  Fire him!  Planes!  Protests!"

.....and when Jamal has a great game against the Giants and plays with fire and focus, the narrative is "This is funny!  Gase had nothing to do with that!  Fire him!  Planes!  Protests!"

Only SOJF's.

SAR I

You’re funny

Realistically the financials of the contracts, his relationship with Douglas and the state of the roster and injuries make him more likely to be retained 

the main factor is Sam, even more than winning 

If Sam takes steps forward and improves Gase isn’t going anywhere 

20 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am hoping Oakland has the curse of west coming east for a 1pm game and the Jets sneak that one out for 7 and 9.

Don’t count on it, for the fact that the Raiders have done so much traveling this year( west to East)  , and have played at 1:00 eastern time a lot  .  They are use to it by now. 

Raiders aren’t looking past any team , as they know they beat the Jets  they set up a meeting with the Chiefs for first place in the AFC West the next week.