Would you TRADE Sam Darnold for Joe Burrow?

all kidding aside there are reasons why this isn't such a bad idea.  imo it's a good idea if they get a boatload of picks in the deal.  if it's strictly even up, it makes little sense.  this is the same reason why trading adams makes some sense.  the downside is the draft picks are always risky. another point is the offense really isn't that set.  with the exception of crowder, griffen, herndon, and bell there aren't  many starting offensive players coming back.  so it's not like the chemistry darnold has developed with the current players will carry over to next season. 

burrow may turn out to be a great qb but there's also a pretty good chance he will not.  darnold, for all of his faults, is a proven commodity and has shown he can win in new york with a substandard offense.  the less risky course is to get the player darnold needs to succeed.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Trade Darnold for an unproven College Guy who hasn't thrown  pass on one of the worst offenses in the NFL???
Hmmmmmm with little thought or hesitation I say....   
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!
Now continue to discuss...........

tumblr_mxz6feUpM91s2wio8o1_400.gif&key=dc671e370ec39139645f3ce00a315c14561a0713278992dac82d85721a3376df
It's actually not an outrageous thought. ... Darnold at this point is way more tradeable than Adams.

Just gotta think outside the box bro ....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

all kidding aside there are reasons why this isn't such a bad idea.  imo it's a good idea if they get a boatload of picks in the deal.  if it's strictly even up, it makes little sense.  this is the same reason why trading adams makes some sense.  the downside is the draft picks are always risky. another point is the offense really isn't that set.  with the exception of crowder, griffen, herndon, and bell there aren't  many starting offensive players coming back.  so it's not like the chemistry darnold has developed with the current players will carry over to next season. 
burrow may turn out to be a great qb but there's also a pretty good chance he will not.  darnold, for all of his faults, is a proven commodity and has shown he can win in new york with a substandard offense.  the less risky course is to get the player darnold needs to succeed.

This is the same kind of delusional overthinking that had you pounding the table for us to overpay Fitzpatrick for another year. Let’s hope you don’t get your wish this time.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Post of the Week 1

On 1/17/2020 at 11:10 PM, jetstream23 said:

3E203460-11A9-433B-BA96-E057352C1FE0.thumb.jpeg.4814c0af845b399068d6591cf1604b00.jpeg

Lol

I actually listened to a couple recent interviews of Macaulay Culkin on Rogan and Maron.  He’s actually doing pretty well basically living off Home Alone money in apartments he paid for 30 years ago in Manhattan and Paris

He knows it’s over for him in showbiz so he’s living it up but not spending like an a-hole like these NBA and NFL players who are bankrupt 2 years after retirement 

20 hours ago, Dunnie said:

It's actually not an outrageous thought. ... Darnold at this point is way more tradeable than Adams.

Just gotta think outside the box bro ....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The Cowboys offered us a first and third for Adams before he went nuts getting 5 fluke sacks in 4 games

I'll still take Sam but he wasn't a slam dunk franchise Qb this past year. After year one I was more convinced he'd be our ten year starter but this past season too many bad mistakes which were at times Sanchez-esque. Burrow was great in college for one season. He might be another Marino but that's hard to say. Overall with Sam I think he's going to be very good. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Lol

I actually listened to a couple recent interviews of Macaulay Culkin on Rogan and Maron.  He’s actually doing pretty well basically living off Home Alone money in apartments he paid for 30 years ago in Manhattan and Paris

He knows it’s over for him in showbiz so he’s living it up but not spending like an a-hole like these NBA and NFL players who are bankrupt 2 years after retirement 

Did he say if the King of Pop buggered him?

Why do people who love Sam get so threatened by legitimate questions?

I'm a fan of Sam and still believe in his potential, but the idea that it's "offensive" to wonder if you'd trade Sam for a guy who just had the greatest season a college football QB has ever had is silly. I mean, you'd have to think about it. A GM wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't.

Younger fans are more  invested in individual players success than the overall teams success, especially QB’s. Anyone who isn’t a Jets/Darnold fan would obviously at least consider this. Burrow threw for 60 TD’s and damn near 80% completion in the SEC. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1