Jeudy or Ruggs? Who will it Be?

The assumption being that the elite LT prospects are gone, who do you go with?  I didn't add Lamb because of his lack of speed (4.51 at the combine) and somewhat subpar route running.  If I'm picking a receiver at 11, I want the most explosive.    Jeudy ran a respectable 4.45 and reminds me a little of Jerry Rice as he plays faster than he times.  Ruggs is faster and also shown the ability to go up and high point the ball.  I have not see Jeudy do that; not saying that he can't be I don't recall seeing him go up and take a ball away from a defender.   However, his Route running is true thing of beauty.....   For me if everything somewhat equal, I go with...........  SPEED.  Ruggs III welcome to the Jets! 

• Upvote 1

Lamb’s combine was generally underwhelming at my first glance. 

His ten yard split on the 40 was the second fastest in the draft to Ruggs.

Found it interesting. Indicates elite acceleration and you do seem him run away from guys in short areas.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, derp said:

Found it interesting. Indicates elite acceleration and you do seem him run away from guys in short areas.

Douglas emphasized athleticism, Jeudy didn’t perform as well as the others.  I think it’s ruggs.  Then they draft someone like Pittman in the 3rd and that’s your new wr tandem.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, derp said:

Just remember that in the NFL everyone is faster than most college defenders.   I don't think he will not be running away from too many NFL backs or linebackers. 

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Douglas emphasized athleticism, Jeudy didn’t perform as well as the others.  I think it’s ruggs.  Then they draft someone like Pittman in the 3rd and that’s your new wr tandem.

I could live with that.

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Jedrick Wills.

As much as we’re in a rough spot at WR right now, I’d rather roll the dice with a clean pocket and a bad receiving corps than vice versa. 

Disagree with the assumption that all 4 OT’s will be gone by 11.

I think it’s entirely possible

The first OT probably goes off the board to the Giants at #4. Their top priority has to be protecting Daniel Jones. Especially since he puts the ball on the ground every time he’s so much as sneezed on.

Then you still have the Chargers, Cardinals, and Browns picking ahead of the Jets who all have a big need at OT. There’s also the possibility that a team like Denver could move up ahead of the Jets to grab one.

3 minutes ago, derp said:

40 times don't indicate in reality how was create separation and get open

the 10 yard split is more indicative of one factor. other factors are route running, physicality, size, arm length, hand size and strength, and "wiggle". the three cone helps understand well also

Just now, slats said:

I have this dream where JD agrees to terms with Jason Peters on the down low, shocks the world with a WR at #11, then announces that, oh, we also have this other tackle in the fold. 

Then takes Matt Peart in the second or third. 

If the draft went ruggs/pearl/Pittman that seems just fine.

• Upvote 2

Just now, slats said:

I have this dream where JD agrees to terms with Jason Peters on the down low, shocks the world with a WR at #11, then announces that, oh, we also have this other tackle in the fold. 

Then takes Matt Peart in the second or third. 

More than one way to skin a cat.... 

26 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I personally don't think it's close that Juedy is the top WR in this class. 

That's what I thought actually watching college football, but a lot of people really love Lamb. 

It will be interesting to see who gets taken first. 

Top Ten Offensive Tackles in 2020 Draft.  We already have decent starters so can now afford to draft a LT and G and groom them to be starters say, next year.  That means we don't have to take one at 11.    According to this dude, there are 9 OT would have been 1st rounders in last years draft.  If that is the case we should be good in the second or third round in selecting one.  

FWIW there was one draft where a total of 6 OL were taken in the first 11 picks.  2013.  The interesting thing is, despite there being two "cant-miss' OG prospects in that group, all but two of the six sucked and of those two, only one was worth the pick (Lane Johnson).  Other than Johnson and Eric Fisher, the rest were putrid.  

Not saying that has anything to do with 2020, but the chances are, two of the top-4 OL are not going to be very good.  That's just how the numbers seem to work out.  So before you go dipping into the 5th best OT on the list at #11, you may want to consider going with the top WR (whoever it is).  

And this is from a guy who REALLY wants us to take an OT.  I just don't know if getting sloppy fourths or fifths is the right play.

• Upvote 1