Risky Pick Mims

I don’t really love his release off the line. He hesitates a lot.  But that can be fixed.   We’ll find out how coachable really is.  However he will contribute as a red zone threat from day 1.    He’s strong,tall, and can win jump balls. 

I probably would’ve preferred Pittman but I can see scenarios where Mims is the better player too because he’ll get TDs. 

15 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Off the top of my head, Michael Crabtree and Wes Welker both came from the big 12, didn't they? 

Yeah, I'm not a big "this conference doesn't produce good players at this position" guy

Josh Gordon, Dez Bryant, Tyler Lockett, Justin Blackmon (nutjob but great WR)...

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Off the top of my head, Michael Crabtree and Wes Welker both came from the big 12, didn't they? 

Yeah, I'm not a big "this conference doesn't produce good players at this position" guy

The big 12 knock is more applicable to QBs who produce these crazy stats in one read spread offenses 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Some Jet fans are unbelievable.  Just a week or so a go, NO ONE thought Mims would make it to the second round much less pick 59.  The Jets got arguably the STEAL of the draft and an extra 3rd rounder to boot and all people can do is nitpick as if every draft pick doesn't have areas to work on.   This was an awesome move! 

Mims is going to be good in the nfl.  What else were the jets supposed to do? Josh Jones?  We already have our Bookend Tackles

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Absolutely love the pick. Why do you think he fell so far? 

He's a late declare that shot up the board after the senior bowl and combine.

Statistically , those types are less likely to perform in the NFL. 

Not saying he is a bad pick, but this might be the reason. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

I don’t really love his release off the line. He hesitates a lot.  But that can be fixed.   We’ll find out how coachable really is.  However he will contribute as a red zone threat from day 1.    He’s strong,tall, and can win jump balls. 

I probably would’ve preferred Pittman but I can see scenarios where Mims is the better player too because he’ll get TDs. 

Except he was completely dominant in 1 on 1s at the Senior Bowl which according to PFF has a solid correlation to success in the NFL.