****OFFICIAL DAY THREE NFL DRAFT THREAD WE HAVE A PLETHORA OF PICKS TO EXORCISE THE MACCCC DEMONS LEGGOOOO THREAD THREAD****

31 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Actually a lot of people have said the Jets have had one if the best drafts.  Unfortunately many of our fans are just doom and gloom about everything we do 

Of course, we’re Jets fans. That’s what we do!!!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, mrcoops said:

Yup.  People seem to be forgetting that our current backup is David Fales.

Now we have a promising, very naturally talented, cheap young backup in the system for the next 4 years.

Yep - did not like the rotating, hope for the best QB crap we went through last year. I don't know anything about the QB, but need a real backup - Darnold is in his 3rd year, we don't need a waste of space QB as a coach, we need a guy who can play the opposing qb during week and possibly come in for a play or two here and there.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  We don't have a CB1 but we have plenty of CB2-CB4s.

Logan Ryan will fill the CB1 slot.  I'm 99.9 % convinced he's a Jet very soon.  

Just now, Philc1 said:

You guys are sleeping hard on Desir he was a good CB1 two years ago with Indy and held his own one on one with Deandre Hopkins 

Desir is a CB1, he was hurt last year but the year before, they gave him that big contract for a reason.  That being said, I am more than thrilled with Logan Ryan, being 1 and Desir being 2. I like the kid in the slot and you have Bless with no pressure on him. That would be a nice group.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Maxman said:

I think the draft so far shows that Logan Ryan is going to be a Jet.

Brian Winters is expendable. Avery Williamson is expendable. That gives them the money needed.

This franchise loves Winters. He's not the best player but he seems to be a solid veteran voice in the locker room.  For a young offense with zero leaders on it I don't see how you can just send him off.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I think the draft so far shows that Logan Ryan is going to be a Jet.

Brian Winters is expendable. Avery Williamson is expendable. That gives them the money needed.

We really need to be calling all 31 other teams to see if they want Williamson for a 2020 pick.  If not, trade him after the draft for a 2021 pick.

We have Mosley and Jamal Adams as our starting ILBs next season, with about 57 other guys behind them on the depth chart.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

Looking at the WR depth chart:

Crowder -Safe

Mims - Safe

Enunwa - Safe

Perriman- Safe

Berrios - Safe (2nd leading punt returner in the NFL)

Smith - Bubble

Doctson - Bubble

So there is 1 more spot potentially on the depth chart. I think that's why they're not drafting a ton of WR's, especially early.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

and clowney

Nah.  He'll become a slug the moment he gets paid.  He'd be a good signing if we had an established core/leaders in the locker room beyond Darnold and Mosley to keep him in check.  He's a poor signing for this team right now.  

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Looking at the WR depth chart:

Crowder -Safe

Mims - Safe

Enunwa - Safe

Perriman- Safe

Berrios - Safe (2nd leading punt returner in the NFL)

Smith - Bubble

Doctson - Bubble

So there is 1 more spot potentially on the depth chart. I think that's why they're not drafting a ton of WR's, especially early.

Can’t count on Quincy 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This franchise loves Winters. He's not the best player but he seems to be a solid veteran voice in the locker room.  For a young offense with zero leaders on it I don't see how you can just send him off.

I think it’d be cool of the organization to not chop a guy like Winters or Avery Williamson solely over money. They’ve been good team guys. At least give them a chance to earn a roster spot. It’s not like either guy is 35 years old.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1