****OFFICIAL DAY THREE NFL DRAFT THREAD WE HAVE A PLETHORA OF PICKS TO EXORCISE THE MACCCC DEMONS LEGGOOOO THREAD THREAD****

22 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You're being cute, because you know I'm right. 

But you do you. 

I openly admit I don't know enough about college players to say who would have been a better choice than the player we traded for.

So why don't you tell me who our BEST option out there would have been, and I'll track both players to see who was right . . .

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Darron Lee version of CB, Indy much like us could not get rid of him fast enough.

When you read the stories about why he got the boot, it sounds like they drafted Rock Ya Sin, changed up the system a bit, and Wilson got butthurt and wanted out. Sounds like a typical UF prima donna, but probably worth the gamble. Maybe he responds to Gregg Williams, who knows his way around high-maintenance players

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So, bottom line, Douglas drafted nine guys and traded for a tenth, and of those ten players, three are going to start right away (Becton, Mims, Mann), another four (Davis, Perine, Clark, and Zuniga) are fairly guaranteed to be starting within two years, and Morgan is going to be the backup here forever. The two CBs have a chance to win a job, but we’ll see what they look like. Not too shabby, overall.

I’d like to see another back so that Perine’s not walking into the starting job...but generally agree. Also think some positions are open enough that hopefully UDFA has some fun pieces.

It’s stupid, but Morgan will make preseason games more fun and games watchable if Darnold is injured.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

When you read the stories about why he got the boot, it sounds like they drafted Rock Ya Sin, changed up the system a bit, and Wilson got butthurt and wanted out. Sounds like a typical UF prima donna, but probably worth the gamble. Maybe he responds to Gregg Williams, who knows his way around high-maintenance players

Well Gregg Williams has earned some love if he likes the guy I'll agree with that, what he did with the schlock we trotted out last year was impressive.

• Upvote 3

There's still 20+ picks left, but here's my UDFA wishlist at the moment:

1.  WR Omar Bayless, Arkansas State 
  2.  WR Juwan Johnson, Oregon
  3.  TE Hunter Bryant, Washington
  4.  EDGE Derek Tuszka, North Dakota State
  5.  WR Aaron Parker, Rhode Island
  6.  WR Courtney Davis, Texas A&M
  7.  RB James Robinson, Illinois State
  8.  RB Michael Warren, Cincinnati
  9.  CB Dane Jackson, Pitt
  10.  C Daryll Williams, Mississippi State
  11.  EDGE Jonathan Garvin, Miami
  12.  EDGE Bryce Huff, Memphis
  13.  WR Maurice Ffrench, Pitt
  14.  QB Nate Stanley, Iowa
  15.  WR Kirk Merritt, Arkansas State
  16.  WR Trishton Jackson, Syracuse
  17.  G Calvin Throckmorton, Oregon
  18.  G John Molchon, Boise State
  19.  QB Bryce Perkins, Virginia
  20.  RB Darius Anderson, TCU
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Sounds like JD really likes this kid. A lot.

He also used the word "depth" to describe him.  Sounds a lot like a Bryce Petty type. 

Nothing wrong with that though.  Not every drafted QB has to be a QB1 candidate.  Career backups are valuable.

• Upvote 1

Just now, derp said:

I’d like to see another back so that Perine’s not walking into the starting job...but generally agree. Also think some positions are open enough that hopefully UDFA has some fun pieces.

It’s stupid, but Morgan will make preseason games more fun and games watchable if Darnold is injured.

Oh yeah, Perine is the one guy from today that I’m least enthusiastic about, but Gase seems to have weird ideas about what he wants his backs to do, so maybe we’ll be pleasantly surprised. As for Morgan, absolutely on that. I also think Darnold could use a little fire under his ass if Morgan starts to develop. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Oh yeah, Perine is the one guy from today that I’m least enthusiastic about, but Gase seems to have weird ideas about what he wants his backs to do, so maybe we’ll be pleasantly surprised. As for Morgan, absolutely on that. I also think Darnold could use a little fire under his ass if Morgan starts to develop. 

jets have nobody behind bell.  nobody to grind out tough yards, nobody to wear down teams if the jets somehow have a lead.  think of the 4 guys drafted for offense - becton, clark, perine and mims - all big, physical players.  you can see these guys playing for the ravens.  

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There's still 20+ picks left, but here's my UDFA wishlist at the moment:

1.  WR Omar Bayless, Arkansas State 
  2.  WR Juwan Johnson, Oregon
  3.  TE Hunter Bryant, Washington
  4.  EDGE Derek Tuszka, North Dakota State
  5.  WR Aaron Parker, Rhode Island
  6.  WR Courtney Davis, Texas A&M
  7.  RB James Robinson, Illinois State
  8.  RB Michael Warren, Cincinnati
  9.  CB Dane Jackson, Pitt
  10.  C Daryll Williams, Mississippi State
  11.  EDGE Jonathan Garvin, Miami
  12.  EDGE Bryce Huff, Memphis
  13.  WR Maurice Ffrench, Pitt
  14.  QB Nate Stanley, Iowa
  15.  WR Kirk Merritt, Arkansas State
  16.  WR Trishton Jackson, Syracuse
  17.  G Calvin Throckmorton, Oregon
  18.  G John Molchon, Boise State
  19.  QB Bryce Perkins, Virginia
  20.  RB Darius Anderson, TCU

Does UDFA start right after the 7th round ends?

51 minutes ago, JTJet said:

So is you down voting everyone out of spite. 

Some people don't like draft value charts and subjective pundit grades as much as you do and  they find your seemingly strict adherence to them grating. 

If they want to be petty about it and down vote you for it that's their own issue.

Everyone has their own way of grading the picks. Personally I like the punter pick. It was a need and it looks like we possibly got the our punter for the next few years, and it won't cost a lot. Conversely CBS gave the pick a knee jerk D+. 

Overall I thought this was a strong Draft, I wanted a tackle in the first and I wanted Pittman or Mims in the second, it was all gravy after that for me.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

jets have nobody behind bell.  nobody to grind out tough yards, nobody to wear down teams if the jets somehow have a lead.  think of the 4 guys drafted for offense - becton, clark, perine and mims - all big, physical players.  you can see these guys playing for the ravens.  

With Becton and all the OL additions, we’re going to find out quickly if Bell is really toast, so Perine could be a big player for the 2020 Jets. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Other than Bryce Hall, he was actually the pick I was happiest with today.  Every team needs a Bilal Powell type of RB2.  Those guys tend to stay healthy and get under-valued until injuries pile up with the rest of your RB room.  

He's not a big swing, but I think he's a RB who will end up being here on a 2nd contract, which is a rarity.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

I openly admit I don't know enough about college players to say who would have been a better choice than the player we traded for.

So why don't you tell me who our BEST option out there would have been, and I'll track both players to see who was right . . .

Deflecting the simple question again. 

Maybe we should have drafted you to play CB. 

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My friend, we just have to brace for the worst on that front, I’m afraid.

Well he hasn't extended yet so there's that.  And we have his rights for the next 3 years I believe.  There's only so much money to go around. Hard to see JD investing so much on a box safety.  When  I see him extending his contract I'll believe it. So far now, there's still hope.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

With Becton and all the OL additions, we’re going to find out quickly if Bell is really toast, so Perine could be a big player for the 2020 Jets. 

i think bell is average, period.  he can still catch but lacks the burst.  so does perine, except he never had it and never will.  i think if these draft picks look promising this season and darnold improves as the OL improves, there will be a shift in next season's objectives to emphasize more speed at rb and wr.  but there are just so many spots to improve upon this offseason that drafting a sexy rb in the 2nd wasn't going to happen.

i do think plan A was to hope one of several wrs fell to 48 but when that didn't happen, they traded back and still lucked out with mims.  but i imagine they were hoping for someone else.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He also used the word "depth" to describe him.  Sounds a lot like a Bryce Petty type. 

Nothing wrong with that though.  Not every drafted QB has to be a QB1 candidate.  Career backups are valuable.

Yeah, I agree. I liked the pick too.

I thought Douglas did well, and even though I had some fun starting a thread about it, I like the kid we drafted at Safety also.

One more WR would’ve been nice though...

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Deflecting the simple question again. 

Maybe we should have drafted you to play CB. 

So you don't have a better option?  Who's deflecting now?

Your question was whether I preferred an unknown draft pick over an underachieving current player.  My answer was the 2nd option because I believe in the CS ability to maximize his potential.

Two moronic debates over the past two days -- one common denominator.

Coincidence?????

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

So you don't have a better option?  Who's deflecting now?

Your question was whether I preferred an unknown draft pick over an underachieving current player.  My answer was the 2nd option because I believe in the CS ability to maximize his potential.

Two moronic debates over the past two days -- one common denominator.

Coincidence?????

Sure and your option is wrong. So there we have it. 

Dont be mad that you didnt research the player after the trade, threw out blind support for the trade because...Jets, found out he sucked, and now you're stuck in a corner unwilling to admit hes terrible. 

And to answer your question, I could name any player, and you will automatically dismiss anyone I say without logical thought, because your blind defense of the trade isnt allowing you to objectively look at it. 

It's a proven undeniable statistical fact that the guy has sucked since he came into the league. Colts fans didnt want him. Coaches clearly didnt want him...and he has had multiple seasons to prove otherwise. 

And yet, your argument is that you are relying on the coaches to "just coach him up". Please.

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

So is you down voting everyone out of spite. 

Jets723 is the biggest homer in every Jets forum that I ever seen.  He along with others here will vote down your post but this kid jets723 is into another level.  He really take it personal when you question a move by the Jets.   

before I let it go and allowed these homers to vote down my posts without a repercussions,  now I do what they do, when I don’t agree with their posts I vote them down too.

• Sympathy 1