****OFFICIAL DAY THREE NFL DRAFT THREAD WE HAVE A PLETHORA OF PICKS TO EXORCISE THE MACCCC DEMONS LEGGOOOO THREAD THREAD****

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Take my word for it, I just did a google search and read it 2 minutes ago.  I'm  not going to re-search.

That figures, keep the bs going. So If you knew that, then JD must have missed that if he gave a pick for him. It is easy to say whatever you want without any proof.

14 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Quincy Williams has been trash since entering the league, so most Colts fans say but obviously a second round talent two years ago.

Pretty bizarre trade. Not sure why.

He played pretty good in their press man scheme in 2017 & 2018, they switched to a zone last year and he's terrible in zone.  He moves back to a system under GW that is primarily press man,  his strength.  So it makes sense. It's bizarre to you bc you don't know what you're talking about. No offense

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He was the lower graded Colts player on PFF last year. Coverage grade of 32.6.

To sum up trash like Daryl Roberts were posting grades like 58.2.

He was as bad as it gets in the league last season.

A lot of that was system-related, but I get it.  Dude has struggled or been terrible for 3 years from the looks of it.  Let's hope this was a guy who will work out under Williams.  He's still young (23).  

10 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Hopefully this allows JD a couple of hours to work the UDFA WR phone calls.

Need to bring in some camp competition for Doctson and Smith

And there will STILL be some quality WR's that go undrafted.  

Kirk Merritt dude is a beast. Would have been a mid round pick but has character concerns.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, Irish Jet said:

Not sure why you're being neg'd for this. It's pretty f*cking obvious.

He's been terrible. He's a bust. He might turn it around, he probably wont. It's why he's going for a 6th round pick 3 years later. 

Because homers like to homer....

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, JTJet said:

Fair. I will at least cheers to that comment. Even if we are both going to drink poisoned Kool-Aid. 

There is no such thing as kool aid. I have no issue calling out the Jets in the past.  I just tell it like it is.  If something is bad I will say it’s sucks.  There are a couple picks I wasn’t in love with but overall we had one of the stronger drafts and many feel that way even people who don’t like the Jets 

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Yet you didnt answer the question. 

I'm sorry:

I hereby officially swear that I support obtaining a commodity that fits well with our current DC's approach over taking a flier on a player our FO apparently doesn't have much conviction to obtain.

I make this decision being of sound mind and fully aware of the consequences that await me if said decision proves to be incorrect.

Better?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Maybe worth a shot but he has been sheer and utter garage as a pro, indy was going to cut him after the draft if they could not find a trade partner.

Yeah, that's just not true.  Go look at 2017 & 2018. He played well. And for a 6th, if he plays like that it'll be a huge win for the Jets. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

He traded all around so this is bs. He prioritized other positions which is ok. 

If there was a WR he really liked, he would have traded up.  

I highly doubt he would have avoided taking a WR he liked because he thought we were "set" at WR, like some here believe.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, OCCH23 said:

I'm sorry:

I hereby officially swear that I support obtaining a commodity that fits well with our current DC's approach over taking a flier on a player our FO apparently doesn't have much conviction to obtain.

I make this decision being of sound mind and fully aware of the consequences that await me if said decision proves to be incorrect.

Better?

You're being cute, because you know I'm right. 

But you do you. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, choon328 said:

He played pretty good in their press man scheme in 2017 & 2018, they switched to a zone last year and he's terrible in zone.  He moves back to a system under GW that is primarily press man,  his strength.  So it makes sense. It's bizarre to you bc you don't know what you're talking about. No offense

What a load of bullsh*t.

Make more excuses for him. Colts fans have said he has a terrible attitude and wasn't even dressing for games where the entire secondary was ravaged with injuries. To put that all down to system is nonsense. The guy has problems.

And he was never "pretty good" or anything close. Mediocre on his best days.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Translation:  He wasn't high on a lot of the WRs from Rd 3-7.  Certainly not as high as other GM's or the draftniks here were.  

There are WR's in this draft that will not get drafted that are way way better than Vyncent Smith. Look for JD to do that voodoo he do when we pick UDFA's

Just now, T0mShane said:

So, bottom line, Douglas drafted nine guys and traded for a tenth, and of those ten players, three are going to start right away (Becton, Mims, Mann), another four (Davis, Perine, Clark, and Zuniga) are fairly guaranteed to be starting within two years, and Morgan is going to be the backup here forever. The two CBs have a chance to win a job, but we’ll see what they look like. Not too shabby, overall.

Sad how bad the roster is/was.  Still could use one more wr, another shifty guy, unless they think berrios can contribute legitimately.  B/c you can’t rely on herndon at this point.

• Upvote 2