Our Wide Receiver Corps

Crowder stays in the slot

Perriman and Mims replace Anderson and Thomas

Backups of Doctson , Smith,  Enunwa ( maybe), Berrios or one of the free agents

Are we better off with this crew overall or did Anderson make last years group better?   Theres no right answer as of yet, but Im interested in the general consensus.

• Sympathy 1

I think this year is better. Perriman could be the same as Robby or better with Sam having the time to throw. Mims is xtra could be #1 this year or next but floor I think this year is a #2. So I’m saying even though I think we need to trade for a vet wr (maybe Williamson or Henry could help in that regard) this year our wr are better just for fact sam should have more time to watch the routes develop because of the ol improvements.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, British Jet said:

You’d think there’s going to be a vet to come in still. 

I'm curious as to whether there's another trade or FA signing coming.

Who is the one Go-To guy in our current WR group? Who is that one guy you trust?  Not sure we know that or have that yet.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Who is the one Go-To guy in our current WR group? Who is that one guy you trust?  Not sure we know that or have that yet.

Right now Id say Crowder Herndon and Bell

The new guys have to earn their play time and Sams trust

• Upvote 1

Add Robby to that group and I’d be a whole lot more excited....even picking up a guy like John Hightower would’ve made things much more palatable.
As it is we have to pray for complete health with the top 3(and this seems unlikely even without taking into account how susceptible we were to juries last year) for Mims to hit the ground running and be a starter calibre player out of the gate....and for Enunwa to return healthy and provide us with a bonus weapon. Doctson needs to offer something too.....In my opinion Vincent Smith &  Berrios are non-factors, if either of those guys makes the roster we are in the sh*t and WR is need numero uno in 2021

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, redlichtie said:

Add Robby to that group and I’d be a whole lot more excited....even picking up a guy like John Hightower would’ve made things much more palatable.
As it is we have to pray for complete health with the top 3(and this seems unlikely even without taking into account how susceptible we were to juries last year) for Mims to hit the ground running and be a starter calibre player out of the gate....and for Enunwa to return healthy and provide us with a bonus weapon. Doctson needs to offer something too.....In my opinion Vincent Smith &  Berrios are non-factors, if either of those guys makes the roster we are in the sh*t and WR is need numero uno in 2021

How does our end of roster depth impact our need for a starting WR next year?  Thats like saying if Fales is our backup this year we need to draft a QB number one next year!

If our top three guys play well and return, adding another high end starter doesnt make a lot of sense.  And the odds are good that one or both makes the final roster at this time fwiw. The fact that we only drafted one receiver suggests that management likes the players more than you do.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Really. “Not even close”?

Man, some people really loved Robby Anderson didn’t they.

Mims will need time to develop like any rookie receiver. But the drop off from Anderson to Perriman is not worth the tears they induced on this board.

Just now, Jets723 said:

Yeah I mean I really liked Robby but some are overrating him bigtime.  We couldn’t fix everything in one offseason.  I do think Perriman will match or come close to Robby, we have Herndon and Griffin coming back, I expect Bell to be much better with a better line in front of him. Mims is a rookie yes but maybe he hits the ground running.  Is it great? No but I don’t think it’s as bad as some say.  Fixing the oline was HUGE and we help everyone on offense 

I like both of you guys, you know that, but I have to ask.

Are you two dating? This has become quite a lovefest here the last two or three days between both of you....

:wub1:

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Really. “Not even close”?

Man, some people really loved Robby Anderson didn’t they.

Mims will need time to develop like any rookie receiver. But the drop off from Anderson to Perriman is not worth the tears they induced on this board.

Not a fan of, or trust Perriman, so that leaves the Jets with one WR Crowder.

• Thumb Down 1

27 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

As far as targets? it will likely be the same as lasyt year...  Crowder... cos the level of diddiculty is lower.

Mims will be groomed for a #1 type and how much he gets targeted will depend on how well he stands up/stands out...

Perriman's ceiling is RA type production as  a #2/3 hybrid, like RA was.

• Upvote 2

I liked Robby.  Wanted us to resign him.  But Perriman is a very similar type WR and I think he can replicate Robby's numbers here just fine.  Adding Mims gives us a component we haven't had since Enunwa was healthy.  So a lot depends on Mims of course, but this unit can easily equal or be better than the 2019 unit, especially when you factor in Herndon returning, the OLine being much better, and Sam not kissing hookers on the mouth during pre-season this year.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I liked Robby.  Wanted us to resign him.  But Perriman is a very similar type WR and I think he can replicate Robby's numbers here just fine.  Adding Mims gives us a component we haven't had since Enunwa was healthy.  So a lot depends on Mims of course, but this unit can easily equal or be better than the 2019 unit, especially when you factor in Herndon returning, the OLine being much better, and Sam not kissing hookers on the mouth during pre-season this year.

It’s a huge opportunity for Perriman. The Jets are going to get his best as it’s his last chance to get his career back on track.

45 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

It’s not even close to as good UNLESS Mims is an instant contributor.

Anderson was a one trick pony who disappeared at times and was not able to get open on slant routes. Perriman is an upgrade IMO and Mims will show flashes. Doctson and Crowder are solid slot guys and Vyncint Smith showed flashes last season. Berrios is a punt return guy period.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I'm not sure why Enunwa is even mentioned in this depth chart.  He's played in 12 games since the end of the 2016 season.

There's no way we should be relying on him to be part of the WR rotation this year.

IndianaJet for GM

Just now, varjet said:

I think JD looked at the roster and did not see any of the WRs available round 4 and below beating out Perriman, Doctson, etc.  that is the only logical explanation.

WRs also usually develop more slowly. 

And we will have almost time to get young WR projects ready with no mini-camp.