How good is Tua Tagovaiola?

Is he the type of QB that will annoy us for the next decade (like Brady) or is he nothing more than a solid competitor? I don't watch college football, but his stats are pretty damn impressive. Trying to get an idea of his talent level.

I know there's concern over the injuries, but we heard something similar with Drew brees and he turned out OK. Physical conditioning is one of the few traits that can be improved with time and coaching.

Now that he's in our division for the long-term, how worried should we be about Tua?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

He’s a decent prospect but a walking injury 

This!!!  Until proven otherwise Tua is the Dee Miliner of
QB's.  Way too many leg/hip injuries for someone so young.
He's got to show he can stay on the field

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Is he the type of QB that will annoy us for the next decade (like Brady) or is he nothing more than a solid competitor? I don't watch college football, but his stats are pretty damn impressive. Trying to get an idea of his talent level.

I know there's concern over the injuries, but we heard something similar with Drew brees and he turned out OK. Physical conditioning is one of the few traits that can be improved with time and coaching.

Now that he's in our division for the long-term, how worried should we be about Tua?

How good is Tua Tagovaiola?

No one knows.  Anyone who says they do is projecting.

We'll find out in a few months.  

Why not just wait and see?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

51 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

If he stays healthy he WILL be a thorn in our side for years. With Tua under center your team is never "out of it". He's demonstrated that big play home run capability. Just look at that National Championship game against Georgia. Trailing he takes a huge sack back to the 42. Now it's 2nd and 17 and BANG a 42 yd game winning strike to Devonta Smith for the win. As a freshman !  The key is " If he stays healthy".

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Put down your green koolaid as Tua Tagovaiola has a chance to be better then both. Things can spin either way but I would definitely choose him over Murray. Until proven otherwise, he's definitely a guy we should worry about. Two young duel threat QBs in the division is the reason why we should transition into becoming much lighter and explosive on the Edge defensively as he and Allen was cause problems for us improvising.

Tua is not and will not be better than Darnold. You can count on that.

Darnold has been the only consistent player on every offense of his going back to his USC days, when they also had a horrific line in front of him. Darnold hasn't had even an average line since high school and he's still managed to produce and wade through the bullsh*t hand he's been dealt.

Tua on the other hand played well for 1.5 seasons on stacked teams and still managed to get blown out in a national title game and injured to the point where he may be out of the league in a few years. There is nothing to say Tua will be better than Darnold

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 6
  • Post of the Week 1

The kid is made of sugar glass.

I think teammates will be reluctant to even give him a congratulatory slap on the ass out of fear over potentially shattering his tailbone.

He was getting routinely banged up by 19 year old college kids. How is he going to fair against grown men who outweigh him by 80 pounds yet run as fast as he does?

If he can stay healthy, which I seriously doubt, then I think he can develop into a solid, respectable starter. But I’ve never quite understood the hype around him.

Burrow was easily the top QB in this years draft and even Burrow’s hype has been blown out of proportion IMO.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

He seems to have the it factor. Makes some great throws, moves in the pocket well. Injuries are huge, can’t seem to stay fully healthy even when playing. I love that we play Miami at MetLife 11/29 in the cold and wind. Not sure how great of a bad weather QB he’ll be. 

29 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Put down your green koolaid as Tua Tagovaiola has a chance to be better then both. Things can spin either way but I would definitely choose him over Murray. Until proven otherwise, he's definitely a guy we should worry about. Two young duel threat QBs in the division is the reason why we should transition into becoming much lighter and explosive on the Edge defensively as he and Allen was cause problems for us improvising.

Huh?  Are you saying Tua is a dual thread QB??  What's the 2nd threat?  I agree he can beat you with his passing, but I don't think he can beat you with his injuries...

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

35 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Allen doesn't worry me at all. Doesn't have the intermediate or long-range accuracy to consistently threaten defenses. He can beat you with a perfect throw every once in a while, but he's not difficult to read.

But tua... if he is as accurate, and as efficient as he was in college...he'll be a problem. We needed a stud CB in revis just to compete, let alone win, against brady.

I am counting on the dolphins to ruin his career by failing to surround him with quality talent.

16 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Burrow was easily the top QB in this years draft and even Burrow’s hype has been blown out of proportion IMO.

NFL careers don't always pan out as expected, but Burrow looks damn near elite to me. Shows toughness, a great feel for the game and should have a great career if he can get through the brutal rookie year that lies ahead of him.

• Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

The kid is made of sugar glass.

I think teammates will be reluctant to even give him a congratulatory slap on the ass out of fear over potentially shattering his tailbone.

He was getting routinely banged up by 19 year old college kids. How is he going to fair against grown men who outweigh him by 80 pounds yet run as fast as he does?

If he can stay healthy, which I seriously doubt, then I think he can develop into a solid, respectable starter. But I’ve never quite understood the hype around him.

Slap Ass Key Peele GIF - SlapAss KeyPeele ComedyCentral GIFs

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

NFL careers don't always pan out as expected, but Burrow looks damn near elite to me. Shows toughness, a great feel for the game and should have a great career if he can get through the brutal rookie year that lies ahead of him.

Agreed. The only thing you can really knock Burrow for is he doesn’t have a big arm. 

Very talented QB but you have to also take into account the injuries and that he was playing with Jeudy,Ruggs, great Offensive line and elite running back talent. 

Mac Jones, filling in for Tua, put up a 327, 3TD0int performance against Michigan in their bowl game. Tua is far better than the Gregg McElroy's of the past but it's still a question of how he will do when he isn't playing with superior talent every game.

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Lol that’s your answer to everything. We have time to pass my friend. Debating is fun. 

I don't see the point in baseless fantasy theorecrafting.  Especially after we just did thousands of posts on it in the draft leadup.  Tua is not a new subject, after all, lol.

How good is Tua...ok, he is THE BESTEST EVA!  Prove me wrong.

You can't.  :)

Hence why "lets see what they are a little first THEN debate them", i.e. what we should be doing about Darnold right now for example, is my general take.  We've seen alot of Darnold, and how good HE is and will be is absolutely debatable.

It's like evaluating Drafts five minutes after the Draft.  No one has any clue if Mims or Beckton won't suck at the NFL level, but already we have folks declaring them this or that this other thing, usually in the most homer of viewpoints.  Hell, half this board already thinks Mims is better than Jeudy and the other top WR's before a single snap was taken.....just because we drafted him.

A little look forward is fine, too much is dumb fan stuff.  We have plenty to talk about with the guys already in the league.

JMO.  Feel free to ignore it, I won't be offended.

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 2

53 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Injuries are a concern, but he's most talented QB in the division.

Eh, I think he’s probably the most accurate passer in the division. 

I think Allen and Darnold are better athletes 

Allen is the best pure athlete and Darnold is the best balance of athleticism and pure passing ability.

all three QBs have a chance to be good, if health cooperates. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

He's not a turn over machine like those two.

When he gets knocked around a bit, he looks like an entirely different QB..and not one that is good. I think Tua is a nice prospect but I have yet to see him take a few hard licks and come back swinging harder. not doubting he’ll be good. just stating the obvious. I question his toughness.

42 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Very talented QB but you have to also take into account the injuries and that he was playing with Jeudy,Ruggs, great Offensive line and elite running back talent. 

Mac Jones, filling in for Tua, put up a 327, 3TD0int performance against Michigan in their bowl game. Tua is far better than the Gregg McElroy's of the past but it's still a question of how he will do when he isn't playing with superior talent every game.

Best offensive line and best wrs in college. Stood in the pocket like Brady vs the jets. Seems destined to be very average in the nfl.