NFL’s most improved offensive lines

Fant is really the only unknown to me. But I trust that Douglas knows what he’s doing based on his own background with the offensive line. 

Our #1 objective was protecting Sam, and giving LeVeon a chance. I think we accomplished it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

They paid for top names. We could and probably will be the better unit by mid-season,so don’t sweat it.

I liked the McGovern signing by the Jets more than the Conklin signing by the Browns. Conklin is overrated. 

• Upvote 4

PFF also said the Jets secondary was one of the top 10 most improved units. They didn’t have the Jets OL in the top 10. So I’ll assume they like what we did in the secondary more than the OL. Our run defense should still be elite. So all we’re missing is a weapannnn and a pass rusher. Plus we believe we are getting Logan Ryan.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Prez33 said:

Fant is really the only unknown to me. But I trust that Douglas knows what he’s doing based on his own background with the offensive line. 

Our #1 objective was protecting Sam, and giving LeVeon a chance. I think we accomplished it. 

Fant is a versatile back up who can spot start. They have plans for him, and if not, we have quality, yet overpriced depth. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, KRL said:

Didn't these "experts" just savage everyone that Douglas brought in during free agency?

Regardless of what anyone feels about the quality of the Jets line. It's possible to go from suck to blow. You can have a big improvement and still be bad at something.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

I still think we are the most improved. We signed like 9 new guys.

Are they all going to start?  I liked Becton better than Wills, so I am with you, but I don't see why anybody would be surprised someone would write an article giving them the edge.

3 minutes ago, Prez33 said:

I liked the McGovern signing by the Jets more than the Conklin signing by the Browns. Conklin is overrated. 

The Jets wanted Conklin.  Conklin would have improved the team.  Douglas went for value and refused to overspend on Conklin.  I like that and it gives us the potential to sign Jason Peters, Logan Ryan or some other bigger money dude that shakes loose.  OTOH, I think short term Conklin looks like a bigger improvement than McGovern.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

Regardless of what anyone feels about the quality of the Jets line. It's possible to go from suck to blow. You can have a big improvement and still be bad at something.

It's sort of like the guy dating a girl who his friends think is a 2... he breaks up with her and starts seeing a 6.

He made a big upgrade, probably the biggest one he will ever will make in his life.

His friends will give him credit for doing a lot better than he was before, but a 6 is still a 6. They're still not impressed.

• Upvote 1

It's sort of like the guy dating a girl who his friends think is a 2... he breaks up with her and starts seeing a 6.
He made a big upgrade, probably the biggest one he will ever will make in his life.
His friends will give him credit for doing a lot better than he was before, but a 6 is still a 6. They're still not impressed.

A 6 is above average. Who cares if anyone else is “impressed”? I’ll take it!
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jedrick Wills is proven?

Injury prone, mediocre pass blocking Conklin is proven?

But yes, those 2 are "safer" bets than the Becton-Fant-Edoga trio we have.  

yes.  that's my point.  and, unless i'm mistaken, the interior of the browns line is also better mainly because they've been playing together longer.  don't get me wrong, i think douglas has made some real improvements, at least on paper.  now these guys need to start practicing and playing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A 6 is above average. Who cares if anyone else is “impressed”? I’ll take it!

You're a far better person, and way more secure than I am, my friend. (not to mention, you've posted pics of your wife. She's way beyond a 6). On the other hand, I'm incredibly shallow. I'll put up with a lot if a woman is attractive.

That's why I'm dating someone who my friends say is easily an 8 despite the fact she has an accent which makes her sound like Ellie Mae Clampett from the Beverly Hillbilly's. She's a knockout and has a great boob job, but I have to deduct a point for her voice. It's a shame she always wants to talk. If she wasn't so hot, I'd have become a distant memory a long time ago.

BTW here's hoping neither of our women ever see this conversation...