Does Jamal Adams set the DB sack record this season?

With no true edge rusher on the roster and the addition of Davis, do we see the Jets use Jamal as a blitzer even more often than last season?  

If GW goes that route, I think 10 sacks is within reach for Adams.

Flip side is that it increases contract demands and/or trade value.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

I do not agree that there are no "true edge rushers" on the team.  There are a few young ones developing.  Yet, I will accept your your premise.

No, Adams does not get 10 sacks.  He is not a primary pass rusher by definition of his position.  He is part of the "smoke and mirror" approach used until we finally develop an acceptable edge rushing presence.  

• Upvote 4

The safety sack record in a season is 8. Jamal had 6.5 in 14 games. I see Jamal’s blitz percentage staying about the same. He could brake the record. I could see him getting close (5-8) every year for the next few years.

What I do see him braking is the career sack record by a defensive back. Harrison currently holds it at 30.5. I could see him braking that in the next 3-5 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

If Mosley is healthy, I'd expect less of Adams at the line of scrimmage. We'll see how Huff plays out, but they have to be planning to have Zuniga involved -at a bare minimum- on obvious passing downs right now. He's probably their best hope for double-digit sacks. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, slats said:

If Mosley is healthy, I'd expect less of Adams at the line of scrimmage. We'll see how Huff plays out, but they have to be planning to have Zuniga involved -at a bare minimum- on obvious passing downs right now. He's probably their best hope for double-digit sacks. 

Yes, Zuniga and Jenkins.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, AFJF said:

With no true edge rusher on the roster and the addition of Davis, do we see the Jets use Jamal as a blitzer even more often than last season?  

GW:  Ok Jamal we're going after that safety sack record. I know you can do it because you're pretty much useless in pass coverage.  So I'm blitzing 2 LB's and you every damn play.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

The "I can the football longer than you" back to back games versus Jones and Haskins aint happening this year.

I love when Jets fans fall over themselves coming up with reasons why their best players aren't really that good

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Jackie Treehorn said:

I can see him end Tua Tagviokalola...whatever’s...career. That would at least count for two. 

Thus putting Fitz back in as starter.  Gee, that would be something we've never seen before.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The record that Adams wants to break was set by Adrian Wilson in 2005, who led the 26th ranked Cardinals defense to a 5-11 season. Wilson failed to make the Pro Bowl, despite his record-breaking performance.

Wilsons self promotion sparq score was low.

• Haha 4

57 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This.

Probably right. When Mosley went down, somebody had to be the DAWG of the D. It’s going to be huge having CJ Mosley back. That was a big loss, and yet Gregg Williams still managed to scheme using 2nd and 3rd string players. Maulet, Cannady, Basham. Lol. Nobody had ever heard of these guys before. 

You can take issue with Gase all you want, but I don’t think some fans even understand just how great of a DC Williams is. I hope he stays our DC for 10 more years. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, yocousinvinny said:

I would think with the additions we've made maybe the sacks start to get spread out. Maybe with the 'boys though...

Screenshot_20200516-083906.png

I am so sick of this whiney, sh*t stirring, teenage girl sub-tweeting/instagramming little b*tch.  

The difference between him and Revis is that I was actually sad to see Revis go. 

I went from loving Jamal from the day he was drafted to waiting to dance in the streets the day Joe Douglas ships him off to some sh*thole for a boatload of picks.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I am so sick of this whiney, sh*t stirring, teenage girl sub-tweeting/instagramming little b*tch.  

The difference between him and Revis is that I was actually sad to see Revis go. 

I went from loving Jamal from the day he was drafted to waiting to dance in the streets the day Joe Douglas ships him off to some sh*thole for a boatload of picks.

Did Jamal steal your girl or somethin? U MAD, mad.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, AFJF said:

Kerry Rhodes had 5 in 2006. I think 7-10 is well within reason if Greg Willians decides to supplement the pass rush with a safety like Rex did back then.  Our CB May have improved so I think this is a reasonable possibility. 

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Did Jamal steal your girl or somethin? U MAD, mad.

Nope.  Jamal couldn't steal sh*t considering he has a whopping 2 career interceptions.  

He's a teenage girl off the field who plays a b*tch boy position on the field and I can't wait until he's gone.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Nope.  Jamal couldn't steal sh*t considering he has a whopping 2 career interceptions.  

He's a teenage girl off the field who plays a b*tch boy position on the field and I can't wait until he's gone.

But I agree with all of that. He’s such a me me me diva. Hate that he’s the person who he is, he could be so great if he was the opposite. 

• Upvote 2