Jets sign Bryce Hall

26 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:
The Jets have signed fifth-round CB Bryce Hall, per . It’s a four-year deal for $3.6M. First of nine draft picks to sign his contract. #Jets

I’m surprised Mann didn’t sign 1st. Either way you should start seeing the rest get under contract. Hall ready to get that chip on his shoulder some game action. Ready to get to work

4 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

In other news: 

Raiders first-round pick Henry Ruggs III will be on the mend for a stretch. The former Alabama standout suffered a thigh injury while helping a friend move furniture Monday, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com tweets.

I was very leery of Ruggs. I am leery of Bechton but I seem to be in the minority there.

43 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I liked him going into the draft, he was pretty much in every one of my "Mock the Draft" mocks we all did on that one site.

Glad we got him (and funny I actually got at least ONE pick right, lol!)

If you liked him. I'm preparing to love him. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I know a lot of people have given up on him, but I really liked what I saw from Bless last year. I think we are much better at corner than people think.

Huh? I don't think anyone has given up on him. I think everyone is relying on him to at the very least solidify that #2 spot. I think Jet brass and coaching staff are expecting big things from Bless. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I was very leery of Ruggs. I am leery of Bechton but I seem to be in the minority there.

I agree with you bud.  I do have my reservations on Bechton as well.  Hoping that thats not the case.  Everyone and their mother was saying to draft this beast, watch those same people say that the Jets should have passed.  

16 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I know a lot of people have given up on him, but I really liked what I saw from Bless last year. I think we are much better at corner than people think.

Exactly how I felt about one Dexter McDougle. I hope this turns out better, like much much better.

6 hours ago, Jetlife33 said:

In other news: 

Raiders first-round pick Henry Ruggs III will be on the mend for a stretch. The former Alabama standout suffered a thigh injury while helping a friend move furniture Monday, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com tweets.

I'm moving on the 19th. I hope he is healed by then.

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, rangerous said:

seems like a pretty decent contract for a 5th rounder.  sound like the jets are pretty satisfied with having picked this guy.

Yeah I have no idea about rookie contracts after the first round, but I was wondering if a guy like him, who is universally considered one of the steals of the draft, would get higher round pay than a normal 5th rounder

15 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Who has given up on him?  I think we just feel that we shouldn't count on him.  I think everything about him was as promising as could be expected for a rookie coming in the way he did.  Do you think the team is relying on him for one side?  Did they only bring in Hall, Desir, and Wilson to compete for the other side?  They added a few hybrid CB/S types in Davis, Cioffi and Shyheim Carter and their UDFA class had two promising CBs.  I think the Jets CB slots are wide open.  Austin has an excellent chance to start, but he also isn't a lock to make the team.  Hopefully, with the competition the cream will rise to the top. 

15 hours ago, The Crusher said:

If you liked him. I'm preparing to love him. 

Just make sure you get consent first. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

The Jets have signed fifth-round cornerback Bryce Hall, according to Field Yates of ESPN.com (Twitter link). In accordance with his slot, Hall will receive a four-year deal worth about $3.6MM with a $315K signing bonus.

Hall notched five interceptions and 38 passes defended over the course of his four-year career. Unfortunately, he didn’t get a chance to really build on those totals in his final year on campus. In October, Hall suffered a serious ankle injury and had to be carted off of the field. Before that, Pro Football Focus rated Hall as the nation’s top cornerback in the 2018 season. Had he declared for the draft one year early, Hall would have gone much earlier – the Jets see him as a potential Day 3 steal.

Hall is the first member of the Jets’ draft class to agree to terms. With the Virginia product in the fold, they’ve got eight more rookies to go, as shown in PFR’s 2020 NFL Draft tracker:

1-11: Mekhi Becton, T (Louisville)
2-59: Denzel Mims, WR (Baylor)
3-68: Ashtyn Davis, S (California)
3-79: Jabari Zuniga, DE (Florida)
4-120: Lamical Perine, RB (Florida)
4-125: James Morgan, QB (Florida International)
4-129: Cameron Clark, OT (Charlotte)
5-158: Bryce Hall, CB (Virginia): Signed
6-191: Braden Mann, P (Texas A&M)

On 6/1/2020 at 4:52 PM, Lil O said:

Maybe it’s just because I went to UVA back in the late 80s, but I’m really psyched for this kid. I’m hoping by mid season he is starting. Do you have the most pass break ups in college football in 2018. He’s also a really smart young man with a great work ethic.  One thing all of our draft picks have in common...great work ethic, and chip on the shoulder.  Loving me some JD!

Lil O you know I love me some Bryce Hall. When we passed on him in the 3rd I thought he was gone. Then again in the 4th. When we were on the clock in the 5th and he was still there I couldn't believe it. When I saw that pick come in I yelled to my wife "holy $h*t the Jets took Bryce Hall!!!"   My wife answered. Who's that?  And I knew all was well in the NY Jets world!  :) 

If not this season, he will absolutely be our starter in 2021.  He may need this year to heal up fully and Get back to form, but I don't have one doubt that he's our starting CB for the next 4 years and longer if we're smart. 

Love the pick!  Love the signing! Love the thread! Love those little crunchy things inside Carvel ice cream cakes! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Lil O you know I love me some Bryce Hall. When we passed on him in the 3rd I thought he was gone. Then again in the 4th. When we were on the clock in the 5th and he was still there I couldn't believe it. When I saw that pick come in I yelled to my wife "holy $h*t the Jets took Bryce Hall!!!"   My wife answered. Who's that?  And I knew all was well in the NY Jets world!  :) 

If not this season, he will absolutely be our starter in 2021.  He may need this year to heal up fully and Get back to form, but I don't have one doubt that he's our starting CB for the next 4 years and longer if we're smart. 

Love the pick!  Love the signing! Love the thread! Love those little crunchy things inside Carvel ice cream cakes! 

I love those crunchy things as well my brother!