The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

4 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

There will be a team who thinks he can be that impact player on D which they need to get over the hump.

KInda exposes the folly of the Jets drafting defense year after year after year. Spare edge under the rules as enforced the defense is going to break down several times every game no matter how good your defensive talent or scheme is. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I feel this all goes back to the baby sitting of his earlier tantrum about being shopped last year.

Someone, owner or GM patted his head and indicated they would reneg at some point in time.

Hmm...

Now, I wonder who that was.

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Frankly, i’d keep him at least through this season. Trading him makes JD look weak unless the deal is totally lopsided. Also, if I’m JD I pay good soldiers not prima donnas. To do otherwise sends the wrong message to players and agents.

2020 trade deadline.  Make a deal that includes one of the WRs that are scheduled to hit free agency this year (Such as Juju Smith-Schuster or Allen Robinson) or send Adams to a team in the playoff hunt who thinks they're one piece away.

2 hours ago, Prez33 said:

Jamal Adams and JJ Watt are the only two players in NFL history with 200+ tackles, 10+ sacks, and 25 PBU’s in their first 3 seasons. (Source: Field Yates). You can pump the breaks with “Jamal lovers looking stupid”. 

Interesting point, Prez33.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ljr said:

was skeptical of this pick during the draft ... shows what I knew ... JD playing GrandMaster level chess!!!

Regardless of what Jamal was going to do, we had two SS's on the roster and no Center Fielder type FS on the team.  Davis was a very good pick regardless.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, JiF said:

Could you imagine?  You show up to the vet with this cute little puppy you just bought and the vet is like ummm, dude, this is a cat.  Try to put yourself in that situation.  That's what I'm experiencing so a little sensitivity would be really appreciated. 

In this scenario is your cat an a$$hole on instagram?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

As far as the others who I got notified have quoted me, I haven’t read them, and won’t. There’s no need. After 150 Adams threads, I know where you stand.

just read what I posted here in this thread. Never defended Adams, but JD messed this up... big time.

The equivalent of you putting your fingers in your years and screaming "La la la la la"

Weak move, bro.  

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I’m tellin ya if I was joe Douglas I would literally ignore him entirely. He is under contract and that’s that. If he wants to sit out fine. He gets $0.00 while doing so.

Actually he'll owe Joe money in that situation.  The weak NFLPA really ensured that holdouts do players pretty much no favors these days.

Not sure how anybody can blame the Jets here.  I understand the pro Jamal fans will I get that.  But Douglas did the right thing.  As much of a pain in the ass as Jamal is I’m glad we didn’t trade him for a low ball offer.  Somebody is gonna blink and offer a real good package for him 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, freestater said:

"Not much leverage"?!?

Except for....you know....3 years of contractual control. Lol. 

Again...glad you aren't our GM. 

Exactly!  We have  basically three years of control if we franchise him. Adams has no leverage 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

2020 trade deadline.  Make a deal that includes one of the WRs that are scheduled to hit free agency this year (Such as Juju Smith-Schuster or Allen Robinson) or send Adams to a team in the playoff hunt who thinks they're one piece away.

No No No. You trade him at the deadline for draft picks, not for impending free agents.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, freestater said:

"Not much leverage"?!?

Except for....you know....3 years of contractual control. Lol. 

Again...glad you aren't our GM. 

It would behoove JD to get this guy off the team as soon as humanly possible. Every single media session is going to be about whether or not Adams is happy or not, how the coaches/players feel about the situation, ad nauseam. Plus Adams himself has not been shy about going to social media on his own to air grievances.

Since they foolishly didn't trade him in season like they should have, they should field offers and take the best one.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Clearly Jamal has no business acumen and is all ego if he really thought he was going to get a record-breaking contract this offseason, even if the Jets TOLD him they were going to give him a new deal.  Between the years remaining on his deal and the COVID impact, that was never going to happen.

I don't think he sucks.  Merely that he's not worth $15-18M per.  And now he just confirmed it isn't even fully about the money.  He's willing to go to several teams without signing a new deal.  He's shooting his way out of town, and yet there are still a few remaining people who support the guy?  Kind of sad at this stage.

Agreed.  I think we all agree he is very talented but he also isnt as great as he thinks he is.  He doesn’t help us get wins, he clearly is a ME first guy, and he wants a sh*tload  of money Right this instant despite the fact that we still have 3 years of control over him 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JiF said:

sh*tty situation when the only good player on your team in the last 10 years want out but I guess being right on the interwebz is fun too. 

Jamal isn't the best player of the last decade.  And even if you could make a convincing argument that he is, that's just a sad statement on the lack of talent the Jets have acquired the last 10 years.

And yes, being right on the interwebz is very satisfying.  Jamal is a d*ck (other than his protest participation), and we knew this was coming all along.  

The Jets will be fine without Jamal Adams.  Once he's gone Douglas will shake this off quite easily.  The franchise is in capable hands, for once.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Honestly, no.  What rubs me the wrong way is that this team finally found an All-Pro player in the draft and between the fans and the front office, they drove him away.  

When people are really good at what they do but completely under appreciated, those people typically look for a new employer. 

Adams wanted out well before the perceived contract slight.  That's what you're dismissing here.  The fact that he's fine with going to a new team without a new contract says it all. 

The minute he started saying things like "We need more dawgs!" this was always going to be the eventual result.  It's only now that this has become clear to everyone.

And its laughable that people are really going to blame the fans for Jamal being "driven off".  lol.  Jamal was beloved by most fans.  If a few Twitter arguments really pushed him over the edge, he's even more weak-minded than we originally thought.

You have no one to blame but Jamal himself, but I guess if you want to blame Joe Douglas, have at it?  It's completely illegitimate but whatever helps you feel better.

Wonder what his twittergram will look like when they extend Marcus Maye first. 

I actually feel the intention is to use him for the next year or so then trade him, move Maye over, put in Davis at FS and use the Jamal Adams Clone that they just signed from Baltimore just like they use Adams on the LOS. 

Just like in moneyball 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

Anyone but Jamals fault .... Okay.arrested development nod GIF

God forbid he plays out his rookie deal before holding out or demanding a trade.....

Sure ... This is an us problem.... Sure... Sure.

It would have even been acceptable for him to throw a hissy fit next offseason.  I would have at least been able to understand that.

But with TWO years left on his deal?  And NYC essentially on fire all offseason?  Absolutely absurd.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Im aggravated that so many of us knew this would happen though, and yet our FO seemingly just waited for it, instead of either trading him or entering into contract talks. 

How many times does this need to be explained to you?  Trading him for less than what he was asking for was not necessary.  Entering into true contract talks with 2 years left on his rookie deal was not necessary.  By doing nothing, JD was actually doing exactly what any wise GM would do.  

Trading him for something like a 1st and 5th would have led to b*tching from people like you.

Signing him to a new $15-18M deal 2 years early would have not been advisable either for a team with numerous needs at premium positions.

Neither of those options were a necessity.  JD can continue to do nothing, and there's not a thing Adams can do about it.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I'm not denying it but can you at least take it easy, please?  This is hard for me to accept.  It's like finding out your dog is really a cat.  

Yes but we've been telling you about the cat for 2 years.  

We gave you scientific evidence its a cat for 2 years.

We've been sending you cat food to feed the cat for 2 years.

It's a little funny.  

Your next step?  Help @14 in Green, @Pac and @DLJ finally see the light.  

• Haha 4

56 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Since I've been right on everything on this matter, allow me to also tell you that if/when he's gone, the floodgates will open with locker room quotes, maybe even some with names attached, about how he's not and never was a leader at all, more of a self-promoting clown that everyone nodded their head along with, voted team MVP because he'd throw a sh*t fit if they didn't, and they're glad he's gone.

53 minutes ago, slats said:

I enjoy these, because I feel like they're professional opinions. 

Is EY secretly sending JN a monthly bill?

27 minutes ago, RobR said:

No No No. You trade him at the deadline for draft picks, not for impending free agents.

I'd make an exception for a true WR1.  Unless we show we're a contender this year I don't expect the FA WR's to be listing us as a top destination without a massive overpay.  Making a deal for one gets a jump on the market.

Barring that, yes, I'm good with picks only.