The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

Just now, T0mShane said:

Good for Hughes for calling out Jamal’s bullsh*t. Hughes is a man of the people. A true journalist, in the classic sense.

Yea I mean it shouldnt be hard to call this out, the fact that he has said THERE ARE PLACES ILL GO WITHOUT AN EXTENSION, paints this whole situation in another light.  If that proves to be actually true, then this was never about money, and always about not wanting to play here or create a winning culture here. 

• Upvote 1

sarcastic sarcasm GIF

The funny thing is JA was drafted 6th overall as opposed to say the 6th round. This is a guy who was supposed to heavily contribute early and as a first rounder with the 6th overall contract he is being fairly compensated. Lots of us "over perform" for the value of our early salary during our first couple years of employment.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, SR24 said:

Our fearless leader 

So the little POS will play for other teams without an 'immediate' contract extension, but he won't play for the Jets without the immediate extension?

Wonder if Jamal knows the meaning of the word immediate? He'll wait until after the preseason and then demand his delayed extension.

• Upvote 1

Joe D is NOT gonna be pushed around by a young dude with 2 years left on his contract. He will sit on him for 2 years if he doesn't want to play - Jamal just killed his once promising career.

This. You think JD is going to just cave to this guy? NFW. Jamal just ruined any chance he had of getting out. Absent some team giving actual face value, Adams can just sit in the corner and pout.
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

You can’t leave a post in this thread saying you and T0m saw this coming, and not give Douglas blame for letting it reach this point.

Its in his job description to handle these EXACT type of situations. You want to post like a Presidential Press Secretary defending him, go ahead.

I'm sorry I've always been a Jamal supporter, however I don't blame JD. For Adams to pull this garbage with two years still remaining, is on him. I can understand next year but not this year.  Also his  constant whining on social media is becoming annoying. To top it off, he picks 7 teams that he will accept a trade too that do not have to give  him an extension. Of course all of those teams are very good so he can go along for the ride. F*ck him!

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Does he have a no trade clause? Because if he doesn't I'm not really concerned where he wants to be traded. As long as the other team is willing to make a trade, thinking they can extend him, and they are offering the most screw JA's personal feelings since as the players say it's a business. First round pick plus... The plus part is negotiable particularly depending on where the first round pick is estimated to be. JA has little to no leverage with multiple years left on his contract.

2 hours ago, neckdemon said:

trade him to the worst team willing to give us a first and a second

Jamal needs a huge dose of reality. The Jets should give his agent permission to talk with other teams to negotiate a trade deal. What he'll find out is that no team will give up a big package of high draft picks and/or players even if he agrees not to seek an 'immediate' extension.

Then what does Jamal do? He *CAN'T* sit out because he'll be fined 40K per day, he can pnly fake an injury or intentionally dog it on the field. Either option will show to the other teams what Jamal will do if they don't cave to his delusional demands.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And Marcus Maye moves to his more natural position, SS, full-time.  

We'll be fine.  Make a good deal, Joe.

No team will give JD a good deal or at this point even a fair deal. Jamal has taken away *any* leverage the Jets had in a trade deal. They know Jamal put the Jets over the barrel and they eff the crap out of us in any kind of deal.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

He is vocal, he’s never been an actual leader. A real leader wouldn’t say “we need more dogs on this team” to the media which is basically saying “these guys suck, we need better players” 

Even now, he has just about no leverage and is choosing to blame the team for some perceived wrongdoing by dictating terms of moving on... when he has no leverage.

Yea its easy to say now, We've seen signs that have been discouraging for a while obviously... Just extremely disappointing that it has come to this and he's turned out to be this type of person.  I really thought he would have been the starting point and catalyst of a turn around for this franchise when he was drafted.  

He has absolutely 0 leverage, any he had he squandered when he released he would go to a team without an extension if it was a contender.  That right there destroyed all his credibility and leverage, and turned this into "The Jets wont pay me what I deserve" to "I want to play for a winner next year and not battle through a tough season". The first one other players would respect and back him with, the second? not so much in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I don’t blame him. 

Yep.  Me either, best player on the team and he was told he's getting a contract and they lied.  The fanbase hates him and think he sucks, what's the point?  I hope he goes somewhere great and we at least get a 2nd rounder out of it, which will suck because Jamal is awesome. 

• Thumb Down 2

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If only there were people who could have predicted this would happen, like me and @T0mShane.

Just when I started to like the guy he pulls this.  lmao.  

@JiF @Pac

sh*tty situation when the only good player on your team in the last 10 years want out but I guess being right on the interwebz is fun too. 

4 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

No team will give JD a good deal or at this point even a fair deal. Jamal has taken away *any* leverage the Jets had in a trade deal. They know Jamal put the Jets over the barrel and they eff the crap out of us in any kind of deal.

Not quite. As long as more than one team wants him they will have to bid against each other for him as he has more than one year left on his deal and they won't just wait two + years for him to become a FA. So yeah this wasn't some master stroke by Jamal or his agent as you seem to think it is. The Jets will still get more than a first for JA.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Yep.  Me either, best player on the team and he was told he's getting a contract and they lied.  The fanbase hates him and think he sucks, what's the point?  I hope he goes somewhere great and we at least get a 2nd rounder out of it, which will suck because Jamal is awesome. 

I like him as well, but it doesnt rub you the wrong way at all that he is saying he wont require an extension to play for a list of teams?  To me it makes it more about wanting out of this team and less about the actual extension. 

• Upvote 3

Oh Jamal you just don't have a clue!   The Jets own your fifth year option and they have franchise tags to play.   Right now you are being a spoiled brat,  I like your enthusiasm, but you have no leverage here.   Be a true leader and stop making this about YOU!sad dog GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chrebetfan80 said:

I like him as well, but it doesnt rub you the wrong way at all that he is saying he wont require an extension to play for a list of teams?  To me it makes it more about wanting out of this team and less about the actual extension. 

Honestly, no.  What rubs me the wrong way is that this team finally found an All-Pro player in the draft and between the fans and the front office, they drove him away.  

When people are really good at what they do but completely under appreciated, those people typically look for a new employer.