The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

15 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Everyone saying he has no leverage doesn't have a clue. He has negative leverage he can hurt his trade value further and be a negative distraction to the players, coaches, and fans. He can go scorched earth and drag his trade value further and further towards the negative side of the ledger.

The smart thing for a GM to do right now is project positivity, not say a bad word about Jamal, and take the best early offer. Make a clean cut and let Jamal be the only one acting like a child in the room.

He has no leverage because he can't force his way out. Just don't trade him until his value is restored. Is he really going to sit out and miss game checks?

Panicking and moving him for the best early offer when his value is down makes zero sense.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Are you reading anything I've posted since these posts?  I didnt see that he was ok with being traded without the extension.  That's a completely different story. He's a turd and can kick rocks.

That said, I read this article and that's where I'm getting that the Jets approached him.  If it's a lie, how the **** was I supposed to know and how on earth do you know it's a lie?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2873713-jamal-adams-fully-expects-to-reach-contract-extension-with-jets-this-offseason

All you have to recognize is the publication it was written from, and that says it all...

4 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

All you have to recognize is the publication it was written from, and that says it all...

Sure but it directly quotes Jamal.   I'm pretty sure he put in on twitter as well.  It's not like I just made this  up.  lol  We had like 30 page thread about it. 

17 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Because of Cooper! Without coverage rolled to Cooper, Gallop is not nearly as effective. If he was as good as you think, the cowboys would not have taken Lamb.

I think Lamb has better upside going forward 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Skeet Ulrich said:

This is not true. He can be a huge headache in the locker room and have lingering 'injuries'. It's in everyone's best interest to part ways.

JD is doing the smart thing and shopping him with 2 years left of contractual control

the longer we wait the less leverage

• Upvote 1

At this point there is no reason to keep Adams here. He has made it pretty clear that he does not want to be part of the solution but would rather be a problem like OBJ.

I hope they send him to like Detroit, Jax, or the Raiders. I don't want to see Douglas cave here and give and him a deal that a year or two from now he or his "Group" decides is not good enough anymore and we go through this again.

Douglas wants Football players, not diva's

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

You would be lucky to get a first at this point. 

GM’s know he wants out. So the offers are not going to be A first round pick +

This argument is absurd and frankly should never be mentioned on this forum again, as its a waste of time.

On September 12 Minkah Fitzpatrick was granted permission to seek a trade PUBLICLY.  4 days later he was traded for a first round pick.  

Just because these things happen publicly does not mean the team loses any bargaining position.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ECURB said:

Team is worse with him gone and the draft pick they get won’t be a factor till at least 2022 if ever... 

it’s too bad it came to this

If they had traded him during the season last year for a 1+ to the Cowboys, they'd have Lamb + another player and I guarantee the Jets would've been better off.

The Jets played it all wrong. He should've been long gone before this. Any idiot could have seen this coming.

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

At this point there is no reason to keep Adams here. He has made it pretty clear that he does not want to be part of the solution but would rather be a problem like OBJ.

I hope they send him to like Detroit, Jax, or the Raiders. I don't want to see Douglas cave here and give and him a deal that a year or two from now he or his "Group" decides is not good enough anymore and we go through this again.

Adams to the raiders for Ruggs and a 2021 second

Get 

it

done

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JiF said:

Are you reading anything I've posted since these posts?  I didnt see that he was ok with being traded without the extension.  That's a completely different story. He's a turd and can kick rocks.

That said, I read this article and that's where I'm getting that the Jets approached him.  If it's a lie, how the **** was I supposed to know and how on earth do you know it's a lie?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2873713-jamal-adams-fully-expects-to-reach-contract-extension-with-jets-this-offseason

this was what I was referencing when I asked you if it left a bad taste in your mouth.

The fact that he would accept a trade without an extension changes the entire narrative from a player not getting paid what he deserves (whatever you perceive that value to be), to a player that frankly just wants out of this team.  Begs the question, did he ever care about being here? 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

JD is doing the smart thing and shopping him with 2 years left of contractual control

the longer we wait the less leverage

No need for JD to "shop". That's a sign of weakness. JD has already said that he always listens to trade offers. Now that Adams has asked for a trade, the interested suitors will be calling JD with offers. The beauty of it is that between Adams, JD and prospective trade partners, JD has by far the most leverage and we know he is shrewd enough to understand this and capitalize on it.

If I had to predict what will happen, no team will offer what Adams is worth (a pro bowler with 2 years left on his deal has a hefty price). As a result Adams will remain a Jet and will not get a new contract with the Jets this season. Adams will become a real life Rod Tidwell, having to check his attitude once the season starts and play his best to earn a new deal.

12 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

jax would be the best, they have extra picks in upcoming drafts and the worst home fans in the nfl.  but i don't think the jets are trading adams, they're finally able to be competitive in the division and have a gm who is investing in offense.  if adams keeps complaining during the season, and the team is doing well, the rest of the players will start turning on him and that will put him in his place.  

9 hours ago, RobR said:

I would never trade Adams for any of those names considering their contract status because it doesn't make sense unless you have a contract in place.....and even then with those names, I'm not doing it. 

Even at the trade deadline like you suggested, you'd basically be renting the player and praying you can re-sign them or get a comp pick.

Adams is worth so much more than that.

My expectation is we'd get a pick(s) as well in several of those types of deals.  I'm not advocating we trade Adams for Allen Robinson straight up if we can get more.

And no, he's really not worth much more than that.  He's worth what the most any team is willing to give up.  If that's a late 1st and 4th or a veteran player + a 2nd, we have to be willing to accept it, or take the comp pick when Adams walks in free agency.

• Upvote 1

This is another example of why you root for the team, not the players. Getting invested in players is childish and foolish. I don't care who is on the team, I only care about the team winning a Championship. That's all that matters to me.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

jax would be the best, they have extra picks in upcoming drafts and the worst home fans in the nfl.  but i don't think the jets are trading adams, they're finally able to be competitive in the division and have a gm who is investing in offense.  if adams keeps complaining during the season, and the team is doing well, the rest of the players will start turning on him and that will put him in his place.  

Or you could just trade Adams to Jacksonville for Ngakoue and a pick, then take out a full page ad in the big Jacksonville newspaper announcing the huge extension Douglas signs Ngakoue to. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

Or you could just trade Adams to Jacksonville for Ngakoue and a pick, then take out a full page ad in the big Jacksonville newspaper announcing the huge extension Douglas signs Ngakoue to. 

if only Ngakoue were worth it.  Pass.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Pac said:

These 13 pages, much like the last 10,000 pages I've read on the topic, do not change my mind nor diminish my position. 

Is Jamal being a baby?  Yeah...  so..  he was at the trade deadline too. 

Is he the likeliest current Jet to be in the HOF one day?  Yes.

He'll either be paid and given a long term contract or traded for a kings ransom.  Period

Joe Douglas understands what he has in Jamal and will act accordingly.  JD is not the spinless dweeb so many in this thread appear to be.  Present company included.

Again.  Him demanding a trade ensures he's not getting an extension here.  He doesn't even care to go to a team that is going to pay him right away, as long as he shoots his way out of here.

Name me a player who has ever demanded a trade and then got signed to a big contract by the team he's demanding a trade from.  Go ahead, I'll wait.

Take some lessons from @JiF.  He's starting to see the light.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

that would probably be a win win for both teams, though i can't see adams shutting up after going to jax.  though it would be fitting if the jets traded and extended ngakoue and became good, finally, which are the two thing adams wants.  

22 minutes ago, freestater said:

Everyone gets the Jets have leverage here but at what point do remove the distraction?  I've been the biggest Jamal supporter on the board but if he's dropping teams he wants to go to and doesnt need the extension, I dont see how this a good character to have around the team.  How can anyone give this dude an ounce of respect after this charade?  Do you let this evolve into a Jalen Ramsey situation?  I dont think you can. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

this was what I was referencing when I asked you if it left a bad taste in your mouth.

The fact that he would accept a trade without an extension changes the entire narrative from a player not getting paid what he deserves (whatever you perceive that value to be), to a player that frankly just wants out of this team.  Begs the question, did he ever care about being here? 

100% agreed, which is why I've done a 180 on the topic.  I came into the thread not reading anything and did my usual defense of Jamal because I freaking love the dude but this changes everything.  Such a bitch ass thing to do.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

38 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

He has no leverage because he can't force his way out. Just don't trade him until his value is restored. Is he really going to sit out and miss game checks?

Panicking and moving him for the best early offer when his value is down makes zero sense.

Cool .... Let it fester and "hope" his trade value is restored. While "hoping" he starts to act like an adult rather than the petulant child he has shown himself to be. "Hope" he plays out any more of his contract rather rest in his laurels  and expect a contender to offer a kings ransom to save him from his horrible plight. 

That makes total sense right.? FFS.

There is an opportunity cost to letting this drag out.

I would rather take a lesser deal today and focus on other deals tomorrow.

Make this a clean cut enabling us to start focusing on tomorrow's work today rather than focusing on yesterday's work tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

If you find out you have cancer and don’t have The tumor removed but instead just hope it goes away.  Then a year later it get just too big to remove. 

At that point that’s on you, not the cancer. 

So you're calling Jamal a cancer in this analogy, and putting zero blame on Jamal himself?

Ok then.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Spot on about the Jets, spot on about what Jamal brings to the table, all of them completely missing the fact he's acting and been acting like a petulant child and these arent the actions of a leader.  The dude is willing to play other places without an extension.  I mean, come'on.  If this was about money, we'd be holding hands and battling these blowhards together but brah, it aint about that.  He's a bitch ass. Straight up.  There is no defending this and I really really want to because I love Jamal but **** that guy.  He doesnt want to be here and you're fooling yourself if you think it's about money. 

@Pac

Just now, JiF said:

Everyone gets the Jets have leverage here but at what point do remove the distraction?  I've been the biggest Jamal supporter on the board but if he's dropping team he wants to go to and doesnt need the extension, I dont see how this a good character to have around the team.  How can anyone give this dude an ounce of respect after this charade?  Do you let this evolve into a Jalen Ramsey situation?  I dont think you can. 

The only way Jamal is traded is if another team gives up a mega offer Joe Douglas simply can't pass up. Let's face it, Jamal has zero leverage. Acting like a petulant child on social networking does not constitute leverage. 

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, choon328 said:

This is another example of why you root for the team, not the players. Getting invested in players is childish and foolish. I don't care who is on the team, I only care about the team winning a Championship. That's all that matters to me.

But what if your team is like a huge joke and sucks eternally and you really really really like watching the player because he provides 1000x more entertainment than the actual team?