The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

Keeping in mind Adams' preferred list of teams, propose some trade ideas.  Not here to re-hash the past, or what we could / should have dealt him for at the last trade deadline.

I'll start:

Adams to the Texans for JJ Watt and a first round pick (another BoB special)

Adams to the Cowboys for Michael Gallup, a 2021 second round pick and a 2022 third round pick

• Upvote 2

They say a player should get what he can get while he can, but the Jets are within the rules. Would Kraft or BB give in??

We gave Mo  "Mo money" as the fandom cried.  Where is he now?

Let Jerrah give the Jets a ransom for him and good riddance Jamal.

Giphy Baa Dumm.gif

Just now, LRJets said:

They say a player should get what he can get while he can, but the Jets are within the rules. Would Kraft or BB give in??

We gave Mo  "Mo money" as the fandom cried.  Where is he now?

Let Jerrah give the Jets a ransom for him and good riddance Jamal.

Giphy Baa Dumm.gif

BB would of traded jamal and robby and got a good return before all this sh*t hit the fan

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

??? 

He can cash millions of dollars of checks while he remains a Jet. Meanwhile, the longer he does remain a Jet, the value we can get back for him goes down. That clock started ticking this afternoon.

Adams doesn’t have to do a thing except show up and  dress for practice and games. He knows he’s getting paid.

its all on Douglas now to figure out a way to get back a halfway decent return now. He screwed the pooch by letting it get to this point. 

lol He has to do more than show up and dress or he can get suspended for conduct detrimental to the team...he has handled this like a child and just on general principle I wouldnt pick up the phone right now. Unless you want to set a precedent where players want more money while there are 2 years left on their current contract, they throw a hissy fit and you as a new gm CAVES and gives it to them...agent will have a field day with that one. 

NOT...................

ONE..................................

DIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Lol. As if he gets a choice. 

So..Adams will deign to go to a team that does not sign him long term but won't play for the Jets, who would almost certainly  tag him for the next 2 years at top money. Each of the teams on this list is right now either paying a QB top dollar or will be. How does he think that will work out at contract time? Probably none of those teams can afford to tag him in these circumstances. Plausible the very best he can do money wise is ...the New York Jets. 

• Upvote 4

I'm honestly very disappointed with whats transpired. Jamal is one hell of a player. Brings it every Sunday. Love the guy on the field but to call out the organization on social media & to demand a trade. That's straight up foolish. I wanted the Jets to resign him but at this point get him the hell outta here. 

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

If the report about him not requiring a contract extension to certain teams is true then I don't know how anybody could defend him at this point.  This was never about the Jets paying him.  This was about getting off the team. 

This is unfortunately the honest truth, he just does not want to play for this franchise, probably feels like they're a bunch of losers and will always lose and just wants the easy way to a championship.  Goes to show the 8 teams listed were all playoff teams and superbowl contenders.  He just doesnt want to be here and thats a damn shame. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

Awww...I'll sure miss this...crybaby, bigmouth, Diva, overrated, blow hard, selfish, power hungry, spoiled brat, cancerous mommas boy, Marcus Maye wannabe bum. Good riddance. Cleveland's dumb enough to sell the farm for him, call them up. They love overrated, over paid big mouths down there. Get that first round pick and run with it. I said it all along Davis was drafted to replace Adams not Maye. I haven't disliked a Jet this much since Sheldon "Thugturd" Richardson. Same type of overrated waste of space.

I agree 100%

• Sympathy 1

Personally I wouldn't trade him. He has zero leverage, I'd revisit after the 2020 season.

That said, considering our roster and how I feel about our 2020 draft I think I'd be looking for volume in terms of picks. Rebuild this thing from the ground up. Late 1st is okay if we get a handful of 2nd/3rd/4th round picks.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

So..Adams will deign to go to a team that does not sign him long term but won't play for the Jets, who would almost certainly  tag him for the next 2 years at top money. Each of the teams on this list is right now either paying a QB top dollar or will be. How does he think that will work out at contract time? Probably none of those teams can afford to tag him in these circumstances. Plausible the very best he can do money wise is ...the New York Jets. 

I’d be interested to know if he and his agent are on the same page as to how adams is handling the situation?

• Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, DLJ said:

You’re comparing a HOLD OUT situation from a decade ago to this? Your brain must be fried and scarred.

The only one of us with a fried brain is the one trying to convince themselves that a player asking to be traded is somehow not as bad as a hold out.  

You were against Revis's holdout and chastised him for wanting more money, but praise Adams for demanding more money and a trade.  You're being a hypocrite.

• Upvote 4