The Big "Jamal Officially asks to be traded" Thread

I love Jamal and have supported him here constantly, ask TOm Shane. That being said ....he has to go. We certainly don't need this distraction going on all year, and it certainly will.  That being said teams should not expect a discount. It's not a garage sale. If they don't agree to JD's price then we just keep him here. Adams is NOT in control and the sooner he realizes it the better. In JD we trust.

17 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Even if a team trades for him he's controllable for 3 years at around $25 million. Giving up a 1st for 3 years of control at half his actual value is a good deal for a team interested in him.  The extension does not have to be part of the deal bc Jamal has no leverage except to sit out and get fined and miss paychecks.  The holdout threat has been lessened now bc fines are now mandatory and teams can't just erase them like they used to.  Its $40,000 per day during training camp and about $1.5 million in fines if he holds out all training camp.  No player is stupid enough to do that especially a player only scheduled to make $825,000 this year in actual cash. 

Agreed.  No way Jamal sits.  Even though he doesn’t care about the team or winning the one thing he does care about more than anything is money lol.  He really has zero leverage.  Douglas isn’t gonna trade him for scraps.  He has a set price.  

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I think this is a perfect opportunity to steal the starting caliber wide receiver that we before the season starts. I prefer any deal that includes a Gallup, CeeDee Lamb, JuJu Smith, Aj Green.

Just come away with a WR and a high round pick.

Throw in the starting SS from the acquiring team and i think you’ll hit on JDs price:  A starting WR, SS, plus draft pick projected between mid First to high third round depending on how good the players involved are.

• Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

If the first isn't on the board, how about a 2nd? Is this getting ripped off? Say we're dealing with miami:

2nd + 3rd + Devante Parker 

Those are likely to be high 2nd and 3rds.

I honestly think we HAVE to get a 1st in the deal . I CAN'T see us trading him to Miami , or any other division rival, and having to face and listen to him twice a year. Too bad we can't deal him to the CFL.

43 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

If the first isn't on the board, how about a 2nd? Is this getting ripped off? Say we're dealing with miami:

2nd + 3rd + Devante Parker 

Those are likely to be high 2nd and 3rds.

Miami has to be a first. I’m not a fan of Devante.  I feel 2019 was aberration. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, derp said:

I’d be thrilled with two one’s, happy with a one and a two, and fine but a little disappointed with a one and a three...so a one and a three sounds right.

Value of players is tough to pinpoint but I have to imagine them eating into the second pick. Need a one back.

It really depends on how badly the club wants him gone. If they can live with him, then holding out for a 1st makes sense. But i think we're past that point. Aren't we?

10 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This is all going to go absolutely nowhere. I don't really know what Jamal is thinking here.... this reeks of some really, really bad 'guidance'

Bad guidance for sure but I think this is just the way he is.  As a rookie he was t that bad but since they had been a nightmare 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Throw in the starting SS from the acquiring team and i think you’ll hit on JDs price:  A starting WR, SS, plus draft pick projected between mid First to high third round depending on how good the players involved are.

Really can move Maye back to SS. 

2 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I got the feeling that Dallas kinda cooled on him prior to the draft.

Its not that. They were serious. But Jets were asking for too much.

The gallup deal is pie in the sky. I don't think dallas wants to deal gallup, if they did, it would have already happened.

McCarthy likes to play 3 WR, so realistically, gallup is going nowhere.

2 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

It really depends on how badly the club wants him gone. If they can live with him, then holding out for a 1st makes sense. But i think we're past that point. Aren't we?

Douglas isn’t gonna trade him just because he is sick of him.  He has a set price and won’t budge.  If that means Adams is staying for a little while then so be it 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

this is the problem with adams vs very good players in other sports.  in football, the position you play matters as much as how good you are b/c you can't just be good or great at your position, you need to impact games.  adams' frustration could stem from the simple reality that despite his stats and effort he'll never be considered a foundation player.  he's lashing out.

Agreed.

I also don't like the fact that it appears that he just wants to go to a winner. I understand the passion to want to win and you obviously want players like that. But he doesn't appear willing to be part of building something. He's not the first great player on a bad team. He comes off as a frontrunner to me. You have to worry about guys like him when things aren't going well. That's not the guy I would want to give big money to.

Jamie Collins, Sheldon Richardson and Leonard Williams all got roughly a low three in trade value (after all the bells and whistles), but they all crucially only had their fifth year left so Adams value is significantly improved relatively speaking bc he has an extra (cheaper) year.

While the above were pro bowl lvl players, Adams is probably a top 3 player at his position, so again higher value.

so I would say a mid to high first rounder and change (maybe a 4th or 5th)

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This is all going to go absolutely nowhere. I don't really know what Jamal is thinking here.... this reeks of some really, really bad 'guidance'

Exactly. 

Whether I'm talking to Jamal's camp or a potential trade partner, my message is essentially the same: I have Jamal Adams under my control for the next four years if I want, for less money than he wants to play for. He has two choices right now, and that's to play football for the NY Jets, or not to play professional football at all. I don't care that he's asked for a trade, and I won't care if he demands (lol!) one. I'll listen to offers, but if I don't get one that I feel is worth it, Adams can either play for the Jets or get fined. And that'll be his decision. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

What makes this harder, is Adams' posturing on social media and generally insubordinate behavior kills any team's desire to trade FOR him.

Like who the **** would want this guy? If he's complaining about not getting 'fair treatment' 2 years out and wants to be paid like a 'stud', NOBODY would want to take him.

• Upvote 1

Take the trade compensation and cap savings and parlay it into more legitimate NFL pieces around Sam Darnold please.
I won’t say he’s not an excellent player but for the money he demands he has to also be a ball hawk too, which he is not.  Unfortunately time to move on.

Yeah it’s not the end of the world.

The cap is vital moving forward if revenues are down, and the picks are essential. If we can get a right tackle in the first next year, I’d make the deal.

I would pay him, he’s very good at being a box safety but not if he’s a diva like this. It also sets a bad precedent. I think the part that bothers me is the news that he won’t ask for extension on some teams.

At this point, it’s a matter of finding the right fit in a team.
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

What makes this harder, is Adams' posturing on social media and generally insubordinate behavior kills any team's desire to trade FOR him.

Like who the **** would want this guy? If he's complaining about not getting 'fair treatment' 2 years out and wants to be paid like a 'stud', NOBODY would want to take him.

Maybe.  But I think teams are also saying “The Jets were the problem and we can make Jamal happy”.  They still want to rip us off but I do think somebody will pay up just on his talent alone and the fact that they feel they can control him 

A 1st and a 3rd seems fair. Or a 1st and a WR or OG or Edge that is not on the last year of his deal.

Say no to Yannick. Hard pass. Plus Adams is better than him. So we’d be getting hosed trading him straight up. If Yannick was worth a 1st, he’d be traded already.

5 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Maybe.  But I think teams are also saying “The Jets were the problem and we can make Jamal happy”.  They still want to rip us off but I do think somebody will pay up just on his talent alone and the fact that they feel they can control him 

I'm sure the phones are ringing behind the scenes. Maybe....all this is an act to force JD to trade him?