can go viral.  Sounds familiar???  See through these dumb narratives

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, KRL said:

Hmm, there are no sports and I want to generate hits to my twitter
feed.  Let me jump on the stupid side of the Jamal Adams "debate" 
and back him up.  Maybe Adams will see it and re-tweet it and I
can go viral.  Sounds familiar???  See through these dumb narratives

I wonder if he includes himself in that 'new york media' he's referring to.

Or maybe the team didn't give him access to that 'information' he could use to 'attack players in contract negotiations'.

Lefkoe has become a total player shill, he literally takes their side 100% of the time no matter what. Smart business move as it gets players to like him and give him access, but it makes his content insufferable. That show died when Simms left.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What happened to all the filth posters who were defending Jamal a wee six months ago? 

I was on the Pay Adams Train a few months ago, but the way this has all gone down is kinda gross. It's hard to fathom any scenario where the Jets pay him and then they all live happily ever after. Between Fitz and Santonio and Revis and Wilkerson the Jets have so much experience with these oddball extension situations the last decade and this one seems to fit right in with all of them, and every single time it has ended terribly. 

• Upvote 3

These fringe national media types take Jamal's side because it is always in fashion to take the side against the Jets. And if they can help the Jets get rid of a player of Adams' talent, it furthers their ability to LOLJets.

That's all they want, LOLJets. And if they can help aid in that process, they're happy to do so.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

1. States at #1 that the NY media has driven players out of NY “time and time again.”

2. Is only able to name one player.

3. That player was Odell Beckham Jr.

Parents, don’t let your kids grow up to be bloggers. Spring for J-school.

Classic, textbook case was and always will be Tom Seaver

52 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Some have returned to say they hate him now.  Others claim they never liked him. 

A few still think we need to cave in to him.  These are people who should delete their JN accounts.  @bitonti  @FidelioJet  @NYJ1  @Trolly McTrollface

That made me laugh. 
no one said cave to him, but I have no problem making him play out his contract. 
 You know okay to have good players?L, right? 
I’ve never seen a fan base praise mediocrity so much and yet always looking to give up any real talent we have.

at some point you have to talented players to win.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Trolly McTrollface said:

With Seaver, Dick Young was a one mand band, beating Grant’s drum.

When Dick Young went dark and brought Seavers wife into it that was the final push that made Seaver want out.

• Upvote 1

1. States at #1 that the NY media has driven players out of NY “time and time again.”

2. Is only able to name one player.

3. That player was Odell Beckham Jr.

Parents, don’t let your kids grow up to be bloggers. Spring for J-school.

historically the jets have treated their player very well.  even back in the old days with namath they paid more than other teams.  adams is being baseless if he thinks they aren't going to pay them well when they do make him an offer.

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That made me laugh. 
no one said cave to him, but I have no problem making him play out his contract. 
I’ve never seen a fan base praise mediocrity so much and yet always looking to give up any real talent we have.

At this point, rather then responding, you’re better off treating 80 like a 3 year old.

Just let him carry on as much as he wants. Eventually he’ll get tired and need a nap.

• Haha 2

These are def. not great arguments IMO for how he's been acting. I man he can want whatever he wants but these are not great reasons for wanting to leave or being deserved of a new contract or trade. 

1. NY Media: Really? You're gonna blame the NY media? It really goes both ways with the NY media. This is the same media that will raise you up to God like elite status if you win and act like a true gentleman. This is the same media that will lead to countless endorsements and an insane flow of $$$ on top of your salary. 

2. Player/Coach turnover: Another cop out for me. So the coach who drafted you, the GM who drafted you are gone. So what. You had your best season under your new coach and D.Coordinator (who is miles ahead of the last one). It'd be one thing if Darnold hated Gase (and maybe he does) but with GW in the house, does Jamal really care about what Gase thinks of him? Would Jamal prefer Macc over JD? No. He would prefer whoever pays him. THATS the issue, not who the GM is. 

3. Jamal is tired: not sure what the exact argument was here. Jamal has been in the league for 3 seasons. What is he tired of exactly? Garrett and McCaffrey are getting paid and they haven't won anything. So the argument is that he's no longer into personal accolades? Really? He's looking for a contender (who are typically cash strapped) and wants to be there long term? Like Garrett or McCaffrey? I'm confused. This argument makes no sense. 

4.  McCaffrey signing: This is by far the only viable argument for Jamal. He wants an extension based on what other players drafted in the same year as him, making the same impact as him around the league are getting. But even then you're looking at a completely different situation with a different GM and owner a different player at a different position, etc. etc. As much as you want to talk about how similar those two situations are, they have just as many differences when you break it down to the details. 

5. The fans don't like him: This is by far the worst argument you can make. The fans absolutely LOVED Jamal until he started posting on social media about getting his contract extension, JD wanting to trade him, and now asking to be traded. Any dislike coming from fans was MOSTLY brought on by himself. It is very easy to have the fans turn on you in ANY city if you wanted to make that happen. And Jamal most definitely did not keep that from happening, if not invited it. Sure there were detractors from the start when he was drafted in the top 10. Fans that disagreed that a safety should have drafted that high. I remember the forums. However, overall, once he started performing at an All Pro level, they were in the minority. Either way, blaming the fans is ALWAYS a terrible way to go. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

True, at least not for some of the tests that actually matter for a pass rusher.

We should have taken Ed Oliver.

quinnen-williams-ras-19776.png?w=1170&ss

so oliver get 5 sacks and 24 solo tackles over 16 games and qwill gets 2.5 sacks and 15 solo tackles in 13 games.  they seem pretty similar especially since qwill was injured most of the season and didn't play as much.

• Post of the Week 1

Oh no @bitonti snatched the soul of yet another Jets top-ten pick???? 

Yeah yeah 

we're all the mush 

53 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I was on the Pay Adams Train a few months ago, but the way this has all gone down is kinda gross. It's hard to fathom any scenario where the Jets pay him and then they all live happily ever after. Between Fitz and Santonio and Revis and Wilkerson the Jets have so much experience with these oddball extension situations the last decade and this one seems to fit right in with all of them, and every single time it has ended terribly. 

This is going to blow everyone's mind but well run franchises manage to pay more than 4 players (and Sanchez) over 20 years 

what's the consistent factor here? 

the ownership doesn't believe in paying for top quality labor 

unless your name is Curtis Martin and it's 20 years ago

the last 10 years they've either been wildly under the cap floor (like now) "starving the roster" or wildly spending on Bell and mosely (and sometimes Trumaine Johnson) to get up to the floor 

do you know what happens when a team stays under the floor? The money is distributed equally among all the players who played for the team during that 4 year period 

again, Johnsons don't want to pay anyone 

if they aren't paying Jamal Adams, then who? 

48 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That made me laugh. 

Yes, yes.  Same old tripe from you.  We are all aware you need good players to win.  We're working on it. 

In the meantime, Jamal can seek his $17-20M per year elsewhere when Douglas determines its a good time to move him.  

• Upvote 4

I want players who want to be here or at least have some team first mentality in their DNA.  I understand players want to get paid that’s fine.  But acting like baby with diaper rash just because you aren’t getting your monster contract this very instant doesn’t make you look good in the eyes if the fans.  Let’s be honest Adams is talented but he is not as good as he claims he is.  He keeps making himself out to be one if the best players in the league which is absurd and laughable.  I never agreed with Mike Francesa but he had been spot on about Adams as a player and as a person.  The kid is simply NEVER happy.  He always whines about something even if we did something foolish and gave into his crazy demands he would dry about something.  We don’t need that nonsense 

37 minutes ago, rangerous said:

so oliver get 5 sacks and 24 solo tackles over 16 games and qwill gets 2.5 sacks and 15 solo tackles in 13 games.  they seem pretty similar especially since qwill was injured most of the season and didn't play as much.

Except Oliver is an athletic freak and Aaron Donald is his ceiling.  5 sacks compared to 2.5 sacks is a pretty big gap too, by the way.  100 % better production.  Oliver got his 5 sacks in 7 starts.  Aaron Donald got 9 sacks in 12 starts as a rookie.

Josh Allen would have been a good pick too.  Trading down was the best option.  As usual, Macc chose door # 4, and it was the wrong decision.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, yes.  Same old tripe from you.  We are all aware you need good players to win.  We're working on it. 

In the meantime, Jamal can seek his $17-20M per year elsewhere when Douglas determines its a good time to move him.  

FidelioJet is like a robot who says the same thing.  “Douglas Screwed up again and we need good players one in a while and need to dish out monster contracts” ? 

• Upvote 1