Jamal Adams ranked #1 in ESPNs top 10 Safteys

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don’t know why it’s so hard for so many Jet fans to accept we have a good player on our team.

It’s like they would prefer we don’t have anyone good so they can be miserable.

Omg so hard to accept

Why do you keep posting this over and over?  It's wrong and not a smart point.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

Good yes.

Good safety yes.

Good in the box safety yes.

A guy that moves he needle?  No.

A guy that is going to be paid far more than he is worth?  Yes

A guy that is a royal pain in the ass and has a questionable attitude?  Yes.

No one, even his biggest critics disputes him being a good in the box safety.

But he's a good player why can't you accept that we need good players

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Omg so hard to accept

Why do you keep posting this over and over?  It's wrong and not a smart point.

Why are you so excited to get rid of him?  

When you and others stop wanting to get rid of our good players and stop glorifying  and over hype the JAGS we have, then I’ll stoop pointing out the obvious.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Why are you so excited to get rid of him?  

When you and others stop wanting to get rid of our good players and stop glorifying  and over hype the JAGS we have, then I’ll stoop pointing out the obvious.

Because I'm not excited to pay him $18-20M like he wants.  I see his value as a $13M a year player based on benchmark performances by other, similar players.

I've made that VERY obvious.  Just like you've made it obvious that good players are good and we should want good players.  Well done.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

We don't have to pay him yet.  We get 13 million a year in production for 3.59 million this year.  

Yes but eventually the decision will come down to trading, paying, franchising, or allowing to walk in free agency.

Of those 4 choices, I prefer a trade, but only when we know what the value of 2021 picks will look like.

• Upvote 1

If it helps us to move this piece of $h1t off the team then I am all in favor of these kinds of fairy stories.  Yay Adams! The bestest ever! If articles like this would actually induce some other team's dopey GM to offer even a single first round pick for him then I would get down on my knees and beg Douglas to take that deal.  Heck I would drive Adams to the airport myself.

Unfortunately nobody is offering that much.  Nobody is that stupid except for some ESPN contributors and we, the Jets fanbase, just are not that lucky.

The piece of snot will remain stuck to the Jets fingernail until hell freezes over. 

What am I offered for a piece of snot?

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Good yes.

Good safety yes.

Good in the box safety yes.

A guy that moves he needle?  No.

A guy that is going to be paid far more than he is worth?  Yes

A guy that is a royal pain in the ass and has a questionable attitude?  Yes.

No one, even his biggest critics disputes him being a good in the box safety.

What is your definition of a needle mover?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Also if the Jets don’t pay Jamal who do they pay?

Quinnen and Denzel if things break correctly.  If they both hit and want to renegotiate in 2022 we don’t want to be strapped with a box contract on a constraining safety. 

SAR I

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

Also if the Jets don’t pay Jamal who do they pay?

The next Trumaine Johnson? Landon Collins?

The Jets should focus on accumulating talent not cap space. 

The GM is not Mike Maccagnan. 

There are a bunch of good FA WR's coming up on the ends of their deals after 2020.  Start there.

Or did the same people demanding we pay Jamal already forget that its "All about building around Sam"?

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't know why it's so hard for so many Adams fans to accept that he's still just a Strong Safety.

It like they don't understand what the premium positions are in the NFL and care more about having a "star" than about winning.

An above average O-lineman and above average WR is worth more to winning than the best box-playing Strong Safety that has ever played in the NFL.

I assume these same folks will be willing to hand Braden Mann $16M a season when he proves to be the game's best Punter.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

What is your definition of a needle mover?

A guy that tangibly  helps you win games.  In his three years here there might one  game he really did make a difference.

A needle mover would be a guy that does what he does and A) Creates a lot of turnovers or b) one in which you do not have to compromise your defense to accommodate.

A safety that does not create turnovers is less important than; oline, CB, QB, RB, WR, play making TE, pass rusher.

• Upvote 4