Braxton Berrios’s Hamstring (not an injury)

The guy is a tremendous athlete and player, though it took till his senior year of college to really realize his potential.  I watched him at U of Miami and he carried the offense his senior year, making big catches and heads up plays.  I always thought he'd find a way to carve out a career in the NFL.

• Upvote 4

Height has always been his challenge.  He's not just short, he's really short...like 5'9", which is shorter than Chrebet.

That said, he's got some very strong attributes... namely speed, intelligence and ability to do multiple things (slot WR, punt returner, etc.) IMO.

He could be a very poor man's Tyreek Hill in a best case scenario with more coaching and growing his route tree.  Last year's highlights (starting with preseason in NE)

And I wasn't kidding about his intelligence....

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

The guy is a tremendous athlete and player, though it took till his senior year of college to really realize his potential.  I watched him at U of Miami and he carried the offense his senior year, making big catches and heads up plays.  I always thought he'd find a way to carve out a career in the NFL.

Was surprised the Pats let him walk. Especially since he's a reliable PR. By the looks of this he's probably on PEDs though.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I think you're the first guy that has ever put those exact words in a sentence in that order ever-

Yeah.  3.5 billion people watch the Tour De France.  So (it's not very likely) anyone would have said something so insignificant as they were casually flipping through the channels with a buddy. 

15 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Anybody ever seen a pro cyclist's legs after the mountain climbing phase of Toue De Fance?

Grody.

43 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Yeah.  3.5 billion people watch the Tour De France.  So (it's not very likely) anyone would have said something so insignificant as they were casually flipping through the channels with a buddy. 

Just so you know I meant nothing malicious. I really wasn't even poking fun at you. I had actually just woken up probably three or four in the morning, and when I read your post it just struck me as bizarre and from Left Field. you spelled Tour de France wrong and ended your post with the word Grody LOL.

I literally was rubbing sleepers out of my eyes when I read that and just the words together it struck me as funny. What I posted is actually a George Carlin quote. Again I meant nothing malicious I wasn't starting s*** or being a wiseass. If anything it was more the checking out the cyclists leg while he's climbing a mountain thing.

17 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Height has always been his challenge.  He's not just short, he's really short...like 5'9", which is shorter than Chrebet.

That said, he's got some very strong attributes... namely speed, intelligence and ability to do multiple things (slot WR, punt returner, etc.) IMO.

He could be a very poor man's Tyreek Hill in a best case scenario with more coaching and growing his route tree.  

It's not the height, it's the arm length.  Berrios is 5'8" and change.  Chrebet is listed at 5'10" but when I met him I think I was taller and I'm probably 5'9" even.  Berrios arms are very short though - 28".  Teams like the Seahawks probably wouldn't touch him, unless they lowered the standard for slot. 

I don't see a Tyreek Hill comparison, poor man's or otherwise.  Hill is fairly tiny, but he has like 2" in arm length on Berrios.  Hill is also an absolute burner.  Berrios is fast, but not fastest guy in the league, or even on the field, fast.  He stands out in agility times.  More rich man's Greg Dortch.  I don't see him succeeding outside the slot and he will probably be stuck being Crowder for the time being.

6 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Just so you know I meant nothing malicious. I really wasn't even poking fun at you. I had actually just woken up probably three or four in the morning, and when I read your post it just struck me as bizarre and from Left Field. you spelled Tour de France wrong and ended your post with the word Grody LOL.

I literally was rubbing sleepers out of my eyes when I read that and just the words together it struck me as funny. What I posted is actually a George Carlin quote. Again I meant nothing malicious I wasn't starting s*** or being a wiseass. If anything it was more the checking out the cyclists leg while he's climbing a mountain thing.

No harm.  No foul.  I refrained from putting a picture in because... well, yuck!  It probably did sound weird.  But I was just was perusing Reddit a few months ago and saw some posts in the r/sports section. I just made a mental note of it.  Really. 

Not surprised though.  Those guys travel ridiculous distances.

• Upvote 1