If I Told You The Jets Were Going To Open 5-0 Would You Call Me Crazy?

SAR I

58 minutes ago, Xtina said:

It’s so weird how only the jets have these problems; none of the other 31 have to deal with injuries, traded players, no preseason or training camp 

clearly gase is a great coach and his 30-36 record proves it 

How is it possible to be so wrong? 

Perriman
Mims
Crowder
Herndon
Bell

That's our starting passing offense.  Herndon is the only one playing.  There is no other NFL team that has had to deal with this type of adversity at the receiver position this season.  We'd be 2-0 if they weren't all in the hospital.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 6
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/21/2020 at 9:10 AM, SAR I said:

Like last season, early adversity for the first 8 weeks led to Gase taking charge and coaching up backups and third stringers to a proud 6-2 finish against weaker competition.

This season, Gase hasn't had 8 weeks to coach up the backups and third stringers and hasn't faced a weak team.  Given more time and competition at a level akin to our injury/traded/out-opted state, I expect similar results to last year.

We are fortunate that we have the right head coach for a never-ending carousel of roster degradations.  This is Gase's wheelhouse.

SAR I

The 6-2 Finish had everything to do with getting Darnold back and playing the easy half of the schedule.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

Even this will be a miracle of sorts now.  ?

I look at the schedule and I see 0-16 as a strong possibility.    I see basically 2 possible wins. Denver and Miami.

But no worries... we trotted out Geno, Fitz, and McCown and passed on Wilson, Mahomes and Watson.  We are run by football genius's.

12 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I look at the schedule and I see 0-16 as a strong possibility.    I see basically 2 possible wins. Denver and Miami.

But no worries... we trotted out Geno, Fitz, and McCown and passed on Wilson, Mahomes and Watson.  We are run by football genius's.

Who gives a sh*t? Honestly, what the hell is the point in crying over players the Jets passed on? The Jets passed on Marino. They passed on Emmitt. They passed on Ed Reed. Are you still all emotional about that? Get over it. The Jets, RIGHT NOW, have a franchise QB on their team. Unfortunately, the front office is doing everything they can to RUIN our young franchise QB. Why don't you focus on the NOW?

• Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Who gives a sh*t? Honestly, what the hell is the point in crying over players the Jets passed on? The Jets passed on Marino. They passed on Emmitt. They passed on Ed Reed. Are you still all emotional about that? Get over it. The Jets, RIGHT NOW, have a franchise QB on their team. Unfortunately, the front office is doing everything they can to RUIN our young franchise QB. Why don't you focus on the NOW?

This is the NOW. All of this happened in the very near present and tells us that as long as Woody and Chris are involved, we are a bottom third team.

You want to be a cheer leader. I won't stop you. I am a realist.

On 7/30/2020 at 9:25 AM, NYJ1 said:

You are COMPLETELY out of your mind. SAR, I like you... I think your very outlandish, silly prognostications add to the entertainment value on this site. However, after that? You're just a guy that thinks up these very absurd impossible scenarios and tried to push them as true. I don't believe much of anyone on this site actually takes you seriously? Even the most optimistic of fans, would say after 5 games that 3-2 was possible but not probable.

My prediction? The Jets after 5 games are 2-3. They are a terrible team, extremely lacking in talent, that just traded away their very best player. 

So what exactly do you think now, Sar? We'll have to see, there are still 3 more games to go, but clearly my prediction is MUCH closer to the truth than yours. Now, do you understand why no one actually takes you seriously? And stop making excuses. Injuries, just like everything else, is part of the game. 

6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

This is the NOW. All of this happened in the very near present and tells us that as long as Woody and Chris are involved, we are a bottom third team.

You want to be a cheer leader. I won't stop you. I am a realist.

And please tell me... What the hell did Woody and Chris have to do with passing over the players you refer to? Because correct me if I'm wrong, but I distinctly recall MIKE MACAGNAN making those selections.

Let me let you in on a little secret....

Everyone with a brain knows Mac sucked at his job. God knows the examples are illustrated ad nauseum on this website.

Let me let you in on another little secret....

Chris Johnson fired Mike Macagnan a year ago last May. A year ago last May is when the NOW started. So please tell me what the hell does Chris Johnson have to do with the Jets being 0-2 in 2020? I would like you to PLEASE point to ONE relevant fact that makes Chris or Woody complicit in the Jets current plight other than to say, "Woody and Chris make poor hiring choices"? 

I'll be waiting....

On 9/21/2020 at 8:22 PM, SAR I said:

Jamal Adams traded
CJ Mosely opted-out
2020 Draft Class Injured
2020 Core Receivers and RB's injured
Jordan Palmer exposed 
New field turf too sticky

These aren't excuses.  These are reasons.

SAR I

And yet SF - with their cross country trip / early start and all, and missing several of their top weapons before kick-off, still managed to destroy this team DESPITE losing their top defensive player early, his replacement shortly afterwards, having their starting QB limping through Q2 and replacing him with Nick Mullens in the second half, and having their star RB out for half the game.

The field turf was sticky for them too. ;-) 

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

And please tell me... What the hell did Woody and Chris have to do with passing over the players you refer to? Because correct me if I'm wrong, but I distinctly recall MIKE MACAGNAN making those selections.

Let me let you in on a little secret....

Everyone with a brain knows Mac sucked at his job. God knows the examples are illustrated ad nauseum on this website.

Let me let you in on another little secret....

Chris Johnson fired Mike Macagnan a year ago last May. A year ago last May is when the NOW started. So please tell me what the hell does Chris Johnson have to do with the Jets being 0-2 in 2020? I would like you to PLEASE point to ONE relevant fact that makes Chris or Woody complicit in the Jets current plight other than to say, "Woody and Chris make poor hiring choices"? 

I'll be waiting....

The culture of this team stems from ownership.  I'm not going to debate this, I won't respond again.  The Johnsons have shown they can not vet a true football man. As owners that is their main responsibility.  Many people said MAC was a disaster in Houston but we hired him. We hired Idzik, I'd argue that Tanny wasn't so hot. If he were, he's have a real job.  So...  I hold ownership accountable, no question.   

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

So what exactly do you think now, Sar?

I think it's an incredible lack of luck that we are more injured this year than last year, something I never anticipated.  The Gods clearly don't like the Jets.

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

We'll have to see, there are still 3 more games to go, but clearly my prediction is MUCH closer to the truth than yours.

No NFL expert, including myself, could or did predict the type of devastating offensive injuries that would put 4 of our 5 starting receiving options out for most of the SF game and IND game.  

2 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

Now, do you understand why no one actually takes you seriously?

I couldn't care less.  I'm not here to entertain you; I'm here to entertain me.  Savvy?

SAR I

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

And yet SF - with their cross country trip / early start and all, and missing several of their top weapons before kick-off, still managed to destroy this team DESPITE losing their top defensive player early, his replacement shortly afterwards, having their starting QB limping through Q2 and replacing him with Nick Mullens in the second half, and having their star RB out for half the game.

The Jets backups and third stringers are far less talented than the 49ers backups.  

So when you say "Ha! Both teams were injured!" it hurts the Jets far deeper than it hurts the defending NFC Champions and favorites to win this year's Super Bowl.

We are a rebuilding team with a paper-thin roster.  We can't absorb body blows like elite teams can.

SAR I

So let's get this straight.  Two weeks ago the knucklehead was saying if you can't see that the Jets are the best team in the AFC East, you're delusional.  Ditto Sam Darnold.  Now the knucklehead is saying how can you judge this team when there's no talent or depth.  He actually blames the current state of the team on:

• The fans!  You hopeless degenerates who are constantly whining about how bad this team is.  It's your fault!
  • Dowell Loggains.  Now that's delusional!
  • Fireman Ed!  Fire Fireman Ed and our problems will be solved!
  • The fans have no patience!
  • No one but he and Chris Johnson can recognize the beautiful mind of Adam Gaze.

Delusion is as delusion does.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Leasing is more expensive than buying, so if you're implying that I can't own them, surely I can.  I choose to spend more so that I can be in a new car every 3 years.  It's called Lease Privilege.

SAR I

Did BMW first sell you a PSL before they would give you the option to lease their cars?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The Jets backups and third stringers are far less talented than the 49ers backups.  

So when you say "Ha! Both teams were injured!" it hurts the Jets far deeper than it hurts the defending NFC Champions and favorites to win this year's Super Bowl.

We are a rebuilding team with a paper-thin roster.  We can't absorb body blows like elite teams can.

SAR I

In the age of free-agency, no team has such depth 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I think it's an incredible lack of luck that we are more injured this year than last year, something I never anticipated.  The Gods clearly don't like the Jets.

No NFL expert, including myself, could or did predict the type of devastating offensive injuries that would put 4 of our 5 starting receiving options out for most of the SF game and IND game.  

I couldn't care less.  I'm not here to entertain you; I'm here to entertain me.  Savvy?

SAR I

No matter what you think of Sam, Andrew Luck is not part of the equation here.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I mean, after what you saw last year, an expert like yourself should've at least considered the possibility that we'd have a lot of injuries again.  (ek-specially considering the shortened offseason practice schedule and no pre-season games.)