If I Told You The Jets Were Going To Open 5-0 Would You Call Me Crazy?

SAR I

13 minutes ago, jacarter220 said:

You do realize that the Bills lost two of their starting LB's (two of the top guys at their positions in the NFL, Milano and Edmunds) during the Jets game, and played without them both for a portion of the 2nd half against the Jets and the whole game against Miami... and still won both games, right? Because I remember last season when the Jets lost the game week 1 and Mosley went down during the game, you based that entire loss solely on one player getting injured. This is why you still claim, to this day, that the Jets actually "won" that game. Good teams don't make excuses when a player goes down. The next man up steps up and does his job. With well-prepared and well-coached teams, the entire team is not dependent on one player to win the game. Each player does his 1/11th. No excuses. 

Dude! Omg- you any many others just don’t get it. Tell ya what.... look up the word troll. Perhaps a lightbulb goes off.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, jacarter220 said:

So by your own admission, the Niners were completely depleted by the second quarter, and yet the Jets still got blown out... and thus should be 2-0? 

Our Jets have 15 players on IR/PUP including 4 of our 5 starting receiving options.  Chris Herndon and a pile of third-stringers aren't going to beat the defending NFC champions backups because their backups are better than our starters, that's why they went to the Super Bowl. 

As for the Bills, we only lost by 10 points with their kicker doing the Jim Kelly Choke and Josh Allen proving to be the joke turnover machine we thought he was.  As a Jets fan, you know the Bills are the Jets in blue uniforms.  Worry about the Patriots.  They look like they're for real.

SAR I

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, jacarter220 said:

You do realize that the Bills lost two of their starting LB's (two of the top guys at their positions in the NFL, Milano and Edmunds) during the Jets game, and played without them both for a portion of the 2nd half against the Jets and the whole game against Miami... and still won both games, right? Because I remember last season when the Jets lost the game week 1 and Mosley went down during the game, you based that entire loss solely on one player getting injured. This is why you still claim, to this day, that the Jets actually "won" that game. Good teams don't make excuses when a player goes down. The next man up steps up and does his job. With well-prepared and well-coached teams, the entire team is not dependent on one player to win the game. Each player does his 1/11th. No excuses. 

Don't worry, we swept the Bills last year and will smoke them again when we are healthy in a month. 

Winning 3 out of our last 4 against the Bills?  The team the NFL illuminati think is so good?  I'll take it.  The Bills are one Josh Allen knee away from 5-11.  Chin up-  lady luck and the injury plague will strike down the cow tippers and give us the division.  It's the Pats we have to worry about.  They have a real quarterback and a great head coach.

SAR I

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Our Jets have 15 players on IR/PUP including 4 of our 5 starting receiving options.  Chris Herndon and a pile of third-stringers aren't going to beat the defending NFC champions backups because their backups are better than our starters, that's why they went to the Super Bowl. 

As for the Bills, we only lost by 10 points with their kicker doing the Jim Kelly Choke and Josh Allen proving to be the joke turnover machine we thought he was.  As a Jets fan, you know the Bills are the Jets in blue uniforms.  Worry about the Patriots.  They look like they're for real.

SAR I

You can call it what you want, bud... but the stats and the tape don't lie. Sorry, had to do this in two screenshots because Sam was so far down the list that I had to scroll down. Wouldn't all fit on the first page. You can continue to make excuses (I mean three years later, you'd think the excuses would finally run out) or you can look at reality. 

I know you hate Allen, and I hate to burst your narrative, but he leads the NFL (of the QBs that have only played 2 games - Minshew doesn't count because he's already played his week 3 game) in passing yards. 4th QB in NFL history to pass for over 700 yards, throw 6+ TDs, with ZERO picks in the first two weeks. Fourth one. Ever. 

PASS STATS.PNG

PASS STATS 2.PNG

12 minutes ago, jacarter220 said:

You can call it what you want, bud... but the stats and the tape don't lie. Sorry, had to do this in two screenshots because Sam was so far down the list that I had to scroll down. Wouldn't all fit on the first page. You can continue to make excuses (I mean three years later, you'd think the excuses would finally run out) or you can look at reality. 

I know you hate Allen, and I hate to burst your narrative, but he leads the NFL (of the QBs that have only played 2 games - Minshew doesn't count because he's already played his week 3 game) in passing yards. 4th QB in NFL history to pass for over 700 yards, throw 6+ TDs, with ZERO picks in the first two weeks. Fourth one. Ever. 

ACLMCL.jpg

As a Jets fan, you know we have nothing to worry about.  Just a matter of time before the Bills RB hears an unfortunate 'pop' and it's off to 5-11 land.

When the pendulum of luck swings the other way, it'll be the Bills decimated by injuries, not the Jets.  And before you say it's not nice for we Jets fans to say such a thing, remember-  those toothless upstate cow-tippers are feasting on our misfortune.  It's perfectly fine for us to do the same in a few weeks when Josh is doing studio work next to Boomer Esiason for CBS, picking the Jets to beat his Bills because he doesn't believe in his backup.

SAR I

@SAR I

Here's more to bust your narrative. 

Despite playing in one less game in their careers, Sam Darnold has the EXACT SAME NUMBER OF TURNOVERS as the (your words, not mine) "joke turnover machine" Josh Allen. Allen has 21 INTs and 24 Fumbles for a total of 45. Darnold has 29 INTs and only 16 fumbles (he's also carried the ball 136 less times) for a total of? You guessed it, 45 turnovers. Sam Darnold has accounted for (passing and rushing) 41 TDS in his career, with 45 turnovers. Impressive. Allen has accounted for 54 TDs, with 45 turnovers.

All the while, Allen is 17-12 (Sam is 11-17), and Allen has 1,004 more yards rushing, 15 more rushing TDs, and has created 61 more 1st downs rushing. 

Again, you can continue to push whatever narrative you want, and I'm sure you'll have an excuse (you're good with excuses) as to why these numbers are what they are. But the numbers don't lie, bud.

244938676_samafterweek2.PNG.f3819d45cb12709c85952e825506561a.PNG346144124_Darnoldrushing.thumb.PNG.d713df331da7a71837251e4d2dc737ab.PNG 788522507_joshafterweek2.PNG.5ecf83dcbe6c70b3e10526f8c224e904.PNG792612382_Joshallenrushing.thumb.PNG.49c19beaeb829ff85bdc041cfb794f7a.PNG

@SAR I no response? No excuse?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

ACLMCL.jpg

As a Jets fan, you know we have nothing to worry about.  Just a matter of time before the Bills RB hears an unfortunate 'pop' and it's off to 5-11 land.

When the pendulum of luck swings the other way, it'll be the Bills decimated by injuries, not the Jets.  And before you say it's not nice for we Jets fans to say such a thing, remember-  those toothless upstate cow-tippers are feasting on our misfortune.  It's perfectly fine for us to do the same in a few weeks when Josh is doing studio work next to Boomer Esiason for CBS, picking the Jets to beat his Bills because he doesn't believe in his backup.

SAR I

So are you acknowledging that Josh Allen is a prime reason that the Bills are good? Because I thought you said he was garbage?

Which one is it?

• Sympathy 1

• 2 weeks later...

Post was made in July.

Before Adams trade.
Before Mosley opt-out.
Before Darnold regressed.
Before Gregg Williams regressed.
Before offense was crippled by losses of Mims, Perriman, Crowder, Bell, Becton, and Darnold.

It's sad, our hot start ruined like that.

SAR I
-

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Post was made in July.

Before Adams trade.
Before Mosley opt-out.
Before offense was crippled by losses of Mims, Perriman, Crowder, Bell, Becton, and Darnold.

SAR I
-

You have more excuses than a pregnant nun.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Post was made in July.

Before Adams trade.
Before Mosley opt-out.

SAR I
-

So if we hadn't sucked so bad, we'd have played better? :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Post was made in July.

Before Adams trade.
Before Mosley opt-out.

SAR I
-

This team was never going to be 5-0, sorry. Now if you had said 2-3 or maybe 3-2, you would be getting less grief.  

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Post was made in July.

Before Adams trade.
Before Mosley opt-out.

SAR I
-

Plus Jet fans.  It's their fault.

Blame this on anyone BUT Jet fans.  I dare you.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, jgb said:

You have more excuses than a pregnant nun.

Not excuses, reasons.

Players left unexpectedly, players opted-out unexpectedly, and we have unprecedented injuries for a second year in a row.

Does that turn 5-0 into 0-5?  You betcha.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Not excuses, reasons.

Players left unexpectedly, players opted-out unexpectedly, and we have unprecedented injuries for a second year in a row.

Does that turn 5-0 into 0-5?  You betcha.

SAR I

You also stated about player and coach regression.

So basically you said that if we hadn't got worse, we'd have been better.