If I Told You The Jets Were Going To Open 5-0 Would You Call Me Crazy?

SAR I

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

at Bills
49ers
at Colts
Broncos
Cardinals

A 5-0 start is looking more likely. 

You've got the Bills, who we beat twice last year, and the Colts with a new and ancient QB in a new system with no preseason. 

Then you've got three West Coast teams coming East early in the season, and that travel and that lack of a preseason is a challenge.  For the 49ers that's a 10AM start and for the Broncos it's the Thursday night road curse.  For the Cards its a 10AM start and their second consecutive East coast trip and the Jets having 10 days rest coming off of TNF.

Boom.

SAR I

Yes and 3-2.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

at Bills
49ers
at Colts
Broncos
Cardinals

You've got the Bills, who we beat twice last year, and the Colts with a new and ancient QB in a new system with no preseason. 

Then you've got three West Coast teams coming East early in the season, and that travel and that lack of a preseason is a challenge.  For the 49ers that's a 10AM start and for the Broncos it's the Thursday night road curse.  For the Cards its a 10AM start and their second consecutive East coast trip and the Jets having 10 days rest coming off of TNF.

Boom.

SAR I

I’ll take 4-1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And in a meaningless game for the Bills that they didn't take seriously because they were resting up for the playoffs.

Exactly, and they barely sqeaked bye.  Right now, the Bills are a better team from 1-53.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

22 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Exactly, and they barely sqeaked bye.  Right now, the Bills are a better team from 1-53.

Agreed.  We barely squeaked by against the Bills last year in a game they weren't really even trying to win.

And I do agree that the Bills are probably more talented 1-53 than the Jets, I do think our division is very much up-for-grabs.  I could see any of the 4 teams winning it, depending on how the ball bounces.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

at Bills
49ers
at Colts
Broncos
Cardinals

Boom.

SAR I

Gase gets 5 year extension mid-season.... Book it!!!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SAR I said:

at Bills
49ers
at Colts
Broncos
Cardinals

Boom.

SAR I

not crazy.  maybe a little unrealistic.  in truth the first 4 games are crap shoots for all teams.  it takes them that long to get into mid season form so it's very possible to see the jets to beat teams like the 49ers.  it seems like superbowl losers have a difficult time repeating their success.  i can se the jets being 3-2 easily after the first 5.

6 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

A year that we have to watch from home would be the year that the Jets start out 5-0 and end up 14-2.  

So for all the flak our coaches and GM’s have gotten throughout the years it would’ve been the fans fault the whole time!

7 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

A year that we have to watch from home would be the year that the Jets start out 5-0 and end up 14-2.  

and then the season is cancelled right before playoffs and goes right to the next year

• Haha 2

If I Told You The Jets Were Going To Open 5-0 Would You Call Me Crazy?

No, just optimistic.  They're all winnable games, albeit the 49'ers will be quite tough.

But if we start 1-4, I would hope you'd be honest about that being a disappointment, and not try to spin it or excuse it or rationalize why its all ok.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

No, just optimistic.  They're all winnable games, albeit the 49'ers will be quite tough.

But if we start 1-4, I would hope you'd be honest about that being a disappointment, and not try to spin it or excuse it or rationalize why its all ok.

Certainly, I would be disappointed if that happened.

And, remember, all those illnesses and all those injuries last year were not excuses; they were reasons.  And I believe that without those circumstances we would have been a 10-6 playoff team, the talk of the NFL.  So that's my personal starting point for this season.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1