Mims and Perriman Full Participants at Practice today

Marshmello

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'm old enough to remember when members of this forum were certain both had no chance at being ready week 1. 

Well to be fair some were talking about Mims not being ready regardless of health status with all the time he missed.  I think the Jets took it extremely cautious with Perriman as they should since he is I guess the Jets #1 WR.  SMH like Perriman, but not as a #1.  This will be basically the same situation as last year with Robbie penciled on as #1.

• Upvote 1

The other injuries are not great.  

I am looking to see a team that is coached competently. I am not expecting a win.

I would expect Travdavious White to take care of whoever the Jets show as WR1.   If the Jets were to have a chance of winning this game they would need to dominate the running and short passing game. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If Perriman is 90pct of what Robby was then then Darnold should be in really good shape with Herndon back and Mims hopefully developing into a weapon. 

Perriman's 2019 was truly a tale of two seasons.  His last five games were spectacular.  Far better than what Robby put up at any point last season (although he did have a nice 3-game stretch once Sam got healthy again).  I think they are more or less a wash until proven otherwise but I'm hopeful that Perriman can be an actual low-end #1 this season and really help move the chains.

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I'm old enough to remember when members of this forum were certain both had no chance at being ready week 1. 

The issue with Mims is that he essentially missed his entire first training camp.  Mental reps are great, but so is actually running routes and catching passes.

He'll catch up, but missing TC was a heck of a lot worse for Mims than it was for Perriman.

• Upvote 1