2020 Jets Team Captains named

nycdan

1 minute ago, kdels62 said:

Nice to see that Maye has stepped into the spotlight as a leader. I’m sure he was always a leader but he had to stay in the background around Jamal. Very intrigued by the George Fant selection.

For a guy many here hated that we signed, it's interesting to see him starting and named a captain. Perhaps he fits Gase's system better than many expected. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

For a guy many here hated that we signed, it's interesting to see him starting and named a captain. Perhaps he fits Gase's system better than many expected. 

I expected Alex Lewis, as the only incumbent and a general vocal guy to get the captaincy. I guess George Fant works well with the coaching staff and his new teammates. This is definitely a positive thing.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Nice to see that Maye has stepped into the spotlight as a leader. I’m sure he was always a leader but he had to stay in the background around Jamal. Very intrigued by the George Fant selection.

Marcus Maye will be one of our favorites this year. He's playing for a contract. He gonna kill it. 

• Upvote 1

Just look at the difference in this Oline compared to last years opener.

Just Becton is a newbie. Solid veterans at LG-C-RG-RT.

NIGHT & DAY 

A confident Sam Darnold could be fun to watch. Did we have a decent running game for 4 quarters last year in any game last year? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I think Fant will soon become a very solid addition to this line.

I quite agree.  If Becton can handle the left side, I think the Jets line should be better than expected as a unit.

Right now, the scary part of the team is the starting CB tandem.  Ug... Lets hope the safeties give 'em some help. I think GW should be able to make the best of it, but I do wish there were bigger names on the corners. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I quite agree.  If Becton can handle the left side, I think the Jets line should be better than expected as a unit.

Right now, the scary part of the team is the starting CB tandem.  Ug... Lets hope the safeties give 'em some help. I think GW should be able to make the best of it, but I do wish there were bigger names on the corners. 

We need our running game to keep the Bills on the sideline. Bills strength is their CBs. 
Herndon/Crowder should have a busy days. 
With a few shots to Perriman & Mims. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

We shall see soon enough....

4 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Yes Fant, since he's a new comer is a surprise to me too. I thought perhaps Bell might have gotten the nod. 

• Upvote 1