Manish's Replacement Asked This Question

Maxman

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

So little access to Adam Gase. Week 1 is here, this is what the guy that took Manish's press pass asked today.

My question is why would Jets fans care if Gase agrees with their assessment? If the team is bad he gets fired. Nobody needs Gase's permission to feel a certain way about him. He didn't ask, what would you say to Jets fans who think you should be fired? He basically tried to bait Gase into saying something bad about Jets fans.

Just garbage. 

The Daily News is going out of business. This isn't helping.

The common theme is the NYDN. Cimini was much more of a douche when he worked there. Manish tried to do the same, but was much worse at it. Sounds like they've sunken to a new low with this hire.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

A once great newspaper is in a death spiral. Will be a sad day when they close up shop Gone are the writers that made that publication a must read Jimmy Breslin - Pete Hamill - Dick Young  with the writers they have now the demise is inevitable 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

all the print media is going south as far as sports are concerned.  there used to be a time when the ny times had a decent sports section.  now we're lucky if there's an article about tennis or some other euro sport.  there's no football anymore because it's such a hazard.  and they never did do a good job with basketball.

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You didn’t post the guy’s question

You don't see it in the first tweet?

His question:

Adam, if the team finishes with a losing record for the second straight year, do you think it’s fair for Jets fans want a new head coach after the season?

Adam's Answer:

Well, let’s get to Week One. Let’s get to Week One and see what happens. I love your positivity. I’m glad that you are worried about Week 16 already. Let’s get to Week One.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

His question:

Adam, if the team finishes with a losing record for the second straight year, do you think it’s fair for Jets fans want a new head coach after the season?

Adam's Answer:

Well, let’s get to Week One. Let’s get to Week One and see what happens. I love your positivity. I’m glad that you are worried about Week 16 already. Let’s get to Week One.

Is that’s Charles McDonald who is @fourverts on Twitter? 

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

So little access to Adam Gase. Week 1 is here, this is what the guy that took Manish's press pass asked today.

My question is why would Jets fans care if Gase agrees with their assessment? If the team is bad he gets fired. Nobody needs Gase's permission to feel a certain way about him. He didn't ask, what would you say to Jets fans who think you should be fired? He basically tried to bait Gase into saying something bad about Jets fans.

Just garbage. 

The Daily News is a rag sheet with an agenda.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Just garbage. 

That’s a big assumption.

I wouldn’t assume that if the team is bad, he gets fired.

7 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Why is the Daily News getting on the Jets bad side by having Manish's replacement be a puppet for Manish?  Really confusing.  Manish is a trash journalist who probably works for peanuts.

Manish is no different than just about any, so called, journalist these days.

He’s selling himself and his own agenda.

Adam Gase and the NY Jets did not like it, so they got rid of him.  

I can’t imagine you would just expect the Daily News to simply bend-over and take it.

Connor Hughes, for sure.  But the Daily News isn’t going to allow Adam Gase to control them.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

A once great newspaper is in a death spiral. Will be a sad day when they close up shop Gone are the writers that made that publication a must read Jimmy Breslin - Pete Hamill - Dick Young  with the writers they have now the demise is inevitable 

Dick Young is kind of the Ur assh*le NYC sportswriter though

7 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Dick Young is kind of the Ur assh*le NYC sportswriter though

Not defending him as he was rather callous and vindictive but he was a real interesting writer. Love him or hate him had to read what he had to say same thing about Breslin both made you think 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Manish doubled down on all his misfires this summer on the play like a jet podcast.  Dude sticks to his guns saying the jets basically had a deal in place with Logan ryan and when it leaked, JD stopped negotiating.  Also doubles down on the financial restrictions placed by the owners.  I hated listening to that podcast today.

11 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Not defending him as he was rather callous and vindictive but he was a real interesting writer. Love him or hate him had to read what he had to say same thing about Breslin both made you think 

He was good. Lupica overdid it trying to be Young 2.0. And Lupica was good early, but near the end, he was pure schtick and it was annoying as f*ck. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

He was good. Lupica overdid it trying to be Young 2.0. And Lupica was good early, but near the end, he was pure schtick and it was annoying as f*ck. 

Lupica tried too hard. When first started he was an excellent clear concise writer. Near the end he wanted to be the next Hemingway Hard to do in a 500 word column and that was just not his style 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

His question:

Adam's Answer:

Some Jet fans wanted him gone after last year.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

What’s wrong with holding a man, who makes millions of dollars a year, accountable to be even mildly competent? It’s a legitimate question.

He didnt hold him accountable. How is he being held accountable for a season that hasnt played itself out yet?  Never mind that the last time we played a season Gase and his Jets won more games than everyone, everywhere predicted, so before you go into the whole, they got lucky routine, what to be accountable for exactly?  

As Max said people dont need to give permission to get fired.  He was stirring the pot, nothing more, trying to get under Gases skin.  And unlike what the NYDN thought about Gase, like you did, Gase can handle himself when confronted by these trolls.  

• Upvote 1