Poll: How confident are you that Ashtyn Davis will be a good player?

TuscanyTile2

Poll: How confident are you that Ashtyn Davis will be a good player?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. How confident are you that Ashtyn Davis will be a good player?

• Very optimistic
    • Somewhat optimistic
    • I'm on the fence
    • Somewhat pessimistic
    • Very pessimistic

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/13/2020 at 04:59 PM

I'm thinking bigger, faster, tougher version of Kerry Rhodes.  Rhodes took a lot of heat for not being tough.  He was a dynamite FS in pass defense for a guy picked in the 4th round.  He also started from day 1 and was durable.   He missed 2 game starts in his first 6 seasons.  I'll take that all day long. 

• Upvote 1

I love everything I've read about him this offseason.  Obviously we have no idea yet if that will translate into actual games. 

But one thing we can be sure of is that he is fast and athletic.  That's a big change from what prior regimes have tried to do at Safety, and exactly the kind of player that other, successful NFL teams are acquiring to be FS/CB hybrids on their teams.  

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Before seeing him play guesses are meaningful?  I mean it all sounds good but I want to see it.  On a field.  Against players 

Well I'm asking before we ever see him play a game because it will be more interesting (to me, at least) later on when we have an answer to the question.  e.g. if he turns out to be a very good player, we can say "we all expected it".  

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

I'm thinking bigger, faster, tougher version of Kerry Rhodes.  Rhodes took a lot of heat for not being tough.  He was a dynamite FS in pass defense for a guy picked in the 4th round.  He also started from day 1 and was durable.   He missed 2 game starts in his first 6 seasons.  I'll take that all day long. 

straight or g*y?

22 minutes ago, Larz said:

Give me your detailed analysis of his performance this summer without referencing someone else’s tweet as your Argument 

thanks

For what?

By all accounts hes a good kid who's a hard worker, is a willing learner, and comes from an extremely athletic background. Any number of things could happen and his career could disappoint, but to not have confidence in Davis is foolish. He's shown enough to give me confidence in his development.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MindOverMatter said:

For what?

By all accounts hes a good kid who's a hard worker, is a willing learner, and comes from an extremely athletic background. Any number of things could happen and his career could disappoint, but to not have confidence in Davis is foolish. He's shown enough to give me confidence in his development.

You might want to change your ID lol. My point was pretty simple, we havent seen him play yet 

• Upvote 1