Flacco, Mims, williamson, Perine OUT vs Bills

Sarge4Tide

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

right?  SO many busts man.

I actually forgot to mention Alex Van Dyke.  Member that 2nd rd d*ck nose? 

Ya know- being honest here... was thinking the same right after I posted.. was going to edit and add that- but didn’t. 

Never forget Denver! ?

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

No. We’re gonna wait on the guy that’s 5 months into his career. 

oooooh.  So we not allowed to compare the guy that's going to be placed on IR 5 months in his career to the list of other guys who had similar starts? Even from being chosen by the Jets in the 2nd rd? 

Listen, I'm still as high on Mims as anyone. I'm just not psyched, nor feeling passive, about the fact that he's not playing on Sunday. 

There's a lot of guys nicked up man it's just luck of the draw. Gandy golden was the first guy to have Covid and Reager's out in Philly.
 We are not the only team having these issues. If anything right now losing V. Smith affects us more than not having Mims.
I think I read somewhere that Frisco didn't have any healthy wide receivers at all LOL. Not having Perine sucks cuz I think he would have brought some juice.
You know what ... I used to think like this ... But it's utter crap ... Seems like The chiefs, Patriots, 49ers etc are never this banged up week 1.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

You know what ... I used to think like this ... But it's utter crap ... Seems like The chiefs, Patriots, 49ers etc are never this banged up week 1.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Well how closely do you follow the Chiefs, Patriots and 49ers? I'm a Jets fan so I would say I mostly know what's going on with our team.

Quite honestly I really don't follow the other team's training camps and practice squads and I'm sure you don't either.

But you can count out Mike Evans, Deebo Samuel and Julio Jones if that's any consolation. Most of us just hear the big names from the other teams, just like other fans do with our team, including our own beat reporters who suck.

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Mims is heartbreaking.  Will we ever get a 2nd rd WR that does anything?  Yarborough, Hill, Smith, Mims??  WTF man??? 

The night is always darkest before the dawn.  Mims will end up a high end WR1 in the NFL.  It's all going to be OK.  Just not for the first half of the 2020 season.  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

This should be in the grave stone of every jets fan ever.  "Could we just wait and see!"  That has been said about every bust and jag this team has ever had and there are legions of them.

Joe Douglas is not responsible for any of those.  Even if the entire 2020 rookie class was perfectly healthy right now we'd still need to exercise some patience for these guys.  Deep breaths.  

9 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

There's a lot of guys nicked up man it's just luck of the draw. Gandy golden was the first guy to have Covid and Reager's out in Philly.

We are not the only team having these issues. If anything right now losing V. Smith affects us more than not having Mims.

I think I read somewhere that Frisco didn't have any healthy wide receivers at all LOL. Not having Perine sucks cuz I think he would have brought some juice.

No worries. Gore will bring prune juice. 

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

oooooh.  So we not allowed to compare the guy that's going to be placed on IR 5 months in his career to the list of other guys who had similar starts? Even from being chosen by the Jets in the 2nd rd? 

Listen, I'm still as high on Mims as anyone. I'm just not psyched, nor feeling passive, about the fact that he's not playing on Sunday. 

I’m as negative as they come with regards to this seasons outlook, but to answer your question-

Drafting Stephen Hill or Devin Smith has nothing to do with Denzel Mims. You can make the comparison all you want, but there’s really no point. 

8 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Alex Van Dyke! OMG He had the ultimate name!  It is shame he sucked so damn bad. 

He was truly terrible.

Evidence that double-dipping at WR doesn't always work.

I can still see his drop when wide open at the goal-line in the 98 AFC Championship game. He had a huge fumble in that game too.

Ok 4 guys out 3 are non starters.   We went through this last year and had a horrible line and still got 7 wins.   The season hasn't even started yet for the Jets and it's the end of the world.   Short term memory loss,  Greg Williams did wonders with the make shift players he had on defense last year.   This is why versatility is so important for today's players and a team to have.  We have Crowder, Hogan, Herndon still left, I guess Lev is just a bust already in peoples minds.  Hope you all actually get to enjoy something in the game.

14 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I think we signed him BECAUSE he'd miss tne 1st few weeks  - might have gone elsewhere if he was healthy

So in other words no other team could be bothered to sign him and then have kick him in his ass. Just like a chocolate souffle, if it comes out of the oven too early it comes out flat, if you leave it in too long it burns. So much for coming in third at the County Fair Baking Competition. We're fancy here. We don't bake pies for the County Fair we bake souffles. It sounds chi chi and the failure rate is higher.

You know you've been a Jets fan too long when you come up with baked goods metaphors for the team at 7:20 in the morning; but what I left out of that Baking Competition is that it's attached to a two-bit traveling Carnival with a Freak Show. 

10 hours ago, mrcoops said:

He was truly terrible.

I can still see his drop when wide open at the goal-line in the 98 AFC Championship game. He had a huge fumble in that game too.

Well it doesn't work if both receivers suck, that is for sure.  

16 hours ago, mrcoops said:

He was truly terrible.

Drafted over Terrell Owens and Marvin Harrison