What would it take for Gase to be fired?

NYJ1

This season so far looks like an absolute trainwreck. Probably worse than anyone could have imagined. Every facet of the game, including defense and ST, looks like an amateur group. Although, at the end of the day, Gase should always take the fall for this, I am by no means relieving Williams and Hoyer of their responsibility.

Now I ask you what does it take for Gase to get fired before the seasseason is finished? 

I would say if they go 0-5 to start the season, Gase gets canned. Especially if they manage to lose to the Broncos in two weeks. There has to be some sort of disgusting thing the Jets do that makes it necessary for CJ to fire the HC. What do you think that is?

Even if we go 0-5 I don't think Gase gets fired.  There's probably no real benefit to firing a HC mid-season anyway though.  The time to fire him was after last season.  But some people got suckered in by the 6-2 finish against crappy teams, injured teams, and a team that was playing their backups.

• Upvote 2

It won’t happen till the season is over, even if we go 0-16.  Even then... now that management has gone to bat for them, I’m not sure if they pull the trigger.

From a reputation point of view, it’s really, really bad form to fire a coach after such a short tenure.  Already Bowles was gone a year too early, and if you get two in a row, it’s hard to see how anyone will want the job.

maybe if he loses the locker room?

A complete washout of the season, but even then neither Johnson will fire a coach mid-way. And even with a washout season they are likely to give Gase another season. Top 2 pick might change that if JD specifically requests a coaching change.

Regardless I think the Jets should trade Bell and Moseley before the trade deadline

• Upvote 2

Usually  fans would not show up to put pressure on the owners, but there are no fans in the seats anyway this year.  Only way Gase doesn't last the season is if he quits, which he won't. I seriously don't see us winning a game this year.  Maybe one of the Miami games, but thats about it...and I'm a glass half full kind of fan....               

• Week 1: Sunday, Sept. 13 at Bills (1 PM, CBS)
  • Week 2: Sunday, Sept. 20 vs. 49ers (1 PM, FOX)
  • Week 3: Sunday, Sept. 27 at Colts (4 PM, CBS)
  • Week 4: Thursday, Oct. 1 vs. Broncos (8:20 PM, NFL Network)
  • Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 11 vs. Cardinals (1 PM, FOX)
  • Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 18 at Chargers (4 PM, CBS)
  • Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 25 vs. Bills (1 PM CBS)
  • Week 8: Sunday, Nov. 1 at Chiefs (1 PM CBS)
  • Week 9: Monday, Nov. 9 vs. Patriots (8:15 PM, ESPN)
  • Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 15 at Dolphins (4 PM, CBS)
  • Week 11: BYE
  • Week 12: Sunday, Nov. 29 vs. Dolphins (1 PM, CBS)
  • Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 6 vs. Raiders (1 PM, CBS)
  • Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 13 at Seahawks (4 PM, CBS)
  • Week 15: Dec. 19 or 20 at Rams (TBD)
  • Week 16: Dec. 26 or 27 vs. Browns (TBD)
  • Week 17: Sunday, Jan. 3 at Patriots (1 PM, CBS)

Part of me says he lasts the whole season no matter what.

Then part of me wonders how in the world they don't fire him if he gets blown out by Denver's backup QB on prime time stage next Thursday.  That's what it'll take.  

• Upvote 3

Does it matter? They'll just hire another coordinator who's willing to play by the Johnson's rules. The franchise is hopeless. Gase is taunting the fanbase and the organization right now with the way he's conducting himself. He doesn't give a sh*t if he gets fired, he got the bag already.

24 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

This season so far looks like an absolute trainwreck. Probably worse than anyone could have imagined. Every facet of the game, including defense and ST, looks like an amateur group. Although, at the end of the day, Gase should always take the fall for this, I am by no means relieving Williams and Hoyer of their responsibility.

Now I ask you what does it take for Gase to get fired before the seasseason is finished? 

I would say if they go 0-5 to start the season, Gase gets canned. Especially if they manage to lose to the Broncos in two weeks. There has to be some sort of disgusting thing the Jets do that makes it necessary for CJ to fire the HC. What do you think that is?

Many not only imaged but predicted this.

To answer your question I hope Gase isn’t fired until he secures for us the #1 pick. Unloading this anchor mid-season would undoubtedly rejuvenate the team to a few extra wins.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Part of me says he lasts the whole season no matter what.

Then part of me wonders how in the world they don't fire him if he gets blown out by Denver's backup QB on prime time stage next Thursday.  That's what it'll take.  

That's what I'm thinking. Remember, everyone knew toilet was "dead man walking" when the Bills took a guy off the street, came into NY, and dropped a 40 burger on the Jets. That, for me, will ALWAYS get the Johnson's moving. From there, it's just a matter of what makes it necessary for Johnson to act NOW as opposed to waiting until the season concludes.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, jgb said:

Many not only imaged but predicted this.

To answer your question I hope Gase isn’t fired until he secures for us the #1 pick. Unloading this anchor mid-season would undoubtedly rejuvenate the team to a few extra wins.

No. I predicted 5-11 or 6-10 and I still think they'll win at least 4 games. I didn't see anyone saying the Jets would finish something like 3-13 or worse.

9 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

No. I predicted 5-11 or 6-10 and I still think they'll win at least 4 games. I didn't see anyone saying the Jets would finish something like 3-13 or worse.

Everyone I talked to knew this year was gonna suck. Of course I only associate with geniuses ? 

13 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Remember when Joe Douglas said the team was pissed off at the media not giving them respect and having low expectations lmao.

I forgot about this.

What a disaster.

I’m honestly more hopeful about the Knicks than I am about this garbage organization 

• Upvote 1